Rollers and Rubbers (View All Posts)

Help My Infiniti is having problems with the back passenger wheel

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2023, 08:25 AM
365125az
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Infiniti is having problems with the back passenger wheel

I have a 2010 Infiniti g37x sedan that I for some reason can’t figure out why the back passenger wheel is like “Rubbing” first I assumed it was just the brakes but I was wondering why only the outside pads on the back passenger wheel was rubbed down to metal to metal on the rotor. Made it back home a got some new brakes and changed them but that’s when I really noticed only the brake pad on the outside of the rotor got worn down. All the other brakes are alright, including the one behind the rotor on the rear passenger wheel. So I then assumed it was the caliper locking up so I bought a new caliper and installed it with the new brake pads and jacked up my he rear end since my AWD fuse is pulled and just put er in drive. The back left wheel was turning at a normal rate but the back passenger wheel was still like rubbing or the brakes might be like slightly engaging and not letting it spinning freely. I’m not the most mechanically inclined person out there so I figured maybe someone could point me in the right direction I know I need a new rotor for sure. The old one is all dug up now. What’s the chances the rotor is what’s rubbing on the brakes ? Like it’s warped maybe. I don’t know. Someone was trying to tell me the Infiniti brake lines mess up sometimes but I haven’t read anything about that online lol Thanks !!
Old 02-09-2023, 09:55 AM
dkmura
Registered Member

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts
Sounds like a real mystery and one you need to solve before another set of brakes get worn down. When you jack up the rear of the car and support it with jackstands, do both wheels turn freely in neutral? If the PS brake pad is somehow hanging up, you're not only damaging the pad and rotor, it's likely killing your gas mileage too!
Old 02-09-2023, 10:02 AM
365125az
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yea my gas mileage is insanely horrible right now. And I’d have to get to the other side of town to get to my jack. I had the rear end on jack stands and just put it in drive and the rear passenger was still sticking after I installed the caliper but my mileage is horrible and when I’m slowing down it seems like when it down shifts the car try’s to almost brake way harder or something and it also pulls to the right pretty bad on the interstate but I assumed it was due to the tires that are balder than Brittany spears from 07 💀💩
Old 02-09-2023, 10:52 AM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 590 Likes on 494 Posts
Sounds like a stuck caliper if only one side is worn (inbound or outboard). The g37x does not use fixed calipers where only the pads move in/out. Rather it uses a floating caliper where the entire caliper slides on a pair of pins. If the caliper is not maintained (cleaned/lubricated periodically), it will get stuck and you are experiencing the end result.

If you replaced the caliper, did you lube the slide pins?

Recall the g37x sedan has a open diff, not limited slip. So with the car off the ground, one wheel will spin, the other barely. What happens when driving, do both rear wheels feel equally hot/warm after braking?

Old 02-18-2023, 05:06 PM
dkmura
Registered Member

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts
Originally Posted by Ali Nazim
I took my car for an alignment and they said they couldn't get the rear into spec but didn't offer any solutions for aftermarket parts.
Why not start a new thread rather than camping on here? When you do, post details on what aspects of your alignment are out-of-spec (caster, camber or toe-in/out) and if there was anything (accidents, mods) that might have led to it.