Brakes, Suspension, Wheels & Tires
Rollers and Rubbers (View All Posts)

Moog Sway Bar Endlink Fitment? AWD Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2020 | 01:17 PM
G37xMN
Registered Member

Moog Sway Bar Endlink Fitment? AWD Sedan

I知 looking to upgrade my sway bars to hotchkis next week, and plan on replacing the sway bar links to moog as well while I知 at it. I found the front left and right on rock auto and they池e labeled as AWD. However, the rears are not listed. Will these parts fit on my 2012 G37X Sedan??
K750044 and K750047

Old 01-30-2020 | 01:22 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

The AWD rear suspension is the same as RWD cars. Moogs are fine as long as you're not lowered.
Old 01-30-2020 | 01:26 PM
G37xMN
Registered Member

Okay cool, I値l be good then. My suspension is stock and I don稚 plan on lowering. Minnesota roads are terrible, especially where I live.
Old 01-30-2020 | 03:53 PM
dirtnapper56
Registered Member

Hey, If you find the rear sway bar is too stiff and causes you to spin out a little more, try going with the RWD sway bar. My x has the AWD front and RWD rear sway and it handles great. It feels really even and doesn't feel like I have to fight to get it to corner anymore.
The following users liked this post:
ngolbuff (01-31-2020)
Old 01-30-2020 | 06:28 PM
G37xMN
Registered Member

Originally Posted by dirtnapper56
Hey, If you find the rear sway bar is too stiff and causes you to spin out a little more, try going with the RWD sway bar. My x has the AWD front and RWD rear sway and it handles great. It feels really even and doesn't feel like I have to fight to get it to corner anymore.
You tried the hotchkis AWD bars and didn稚 like the rear one you池e saying?
Old 01-31-2020 | 03:44 AM
Said Amir
Registered Member

By the way when you get the part from rockauto make sure to inspect the rubber boot before taking things off your car, I have bought the front ones and one of them had a small tear and got a replacement.
Old 01-31-2020 | 01:08 PM
G37xMN
Registered Member

Thank u for the tip!
Old 01-31-2020 | 02:27 PM
dirtnapper56
Registered Member

Hey, I actually decided not to go with the aftermarket sways because I read other reviews that had compared the two.(oem vs aftermarket) I'm not too into sporty driving right now because of winter up here and also my car has 160k miles on it so I'm a little paranoid it will break at any given time
Old 01-31-2020 | 04:11 PM
G37xMN
Registered Member

Hey, I actually decided not to go with the aftermarket sways because I read other reviews that had compared the two.(oem vs aftermarket) I'm not too into sporty driving right now because of winter up here and also my car has 160k miles on it so I'm a little paranoid it will break at any given time
Wouldn稚 the hotchkis sways give u better and safer handling for snow? And if you致e properly maintained your car I don稚 think it will break any time soon.
Old 01-31-2020 | 08:15 PM
ngolbuff
Registered Member

Originally Posted by G37xMN
Wouldn稚 the hotchkis sways give u better and safer handling for snow? And if you致e properly maintained your car I don稚 think it will break any time soon.
Hotchkis will give you more options (3 different holes to attach). When measured for thickness, Hotchkis is only a little bit thicker on the front than OEM for the X. I too found a RWD rear sway bar for sale on here from someone and bought for $60 if i remember which included the bushings. You spend your money how you want, but I like the upgrade in the back for $60 and my wallet liked it too.
Old 02-01-2020 | 12:36 AM
dirtnapper56
Registered Member

Originally Posted by G37xMN
no, actually the stiffer rear sway bar causes the rear to slide much easier. Since there is not good friction on the road due to ice and possibly harder tires when they are cold, the rear end will slip rather easily. This is why the awd model has a much thinner rear sway bar from the factory! I assume the effect is similar w the front but the front is already pretty thick and the engine provides enough weight to reduce slippage. The rear is relatively light.
Old 02-01-2020 | 03:30 AM
G37xMN
Registered Member

no, actually the stiffer rear sway bar causes the rear to slide much easier. Since there is not good friction on the road due to ice and possibly harder tires when they are cold, the rear end will slip rather easily. This is why the awd model has a much thinner rear sway bar from the factory! I assume the effect is similar w the front but the front is already pretty thick and the engine provides enough weight to reduce slippage. The rear is relatively light.
Damn, I ordered them yesterday and they致e already shipped. Guess we値l see how they go.
Old 02-01-2020 | 10:32 AM
EcstaticG37XS
Registered Member

I have a nismo 370z rsb and the stock X front bar and I've never had the car slide out unless I intentionally was trying to. Just make sure your tires and alignment are good. Driven in snow without issues.
Old 02-01-2020 | 01:20 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Snow tires go a long way towards maintaining traction. Oversteer is not desired because when you inevitably slide off the road, there's more impact protection built into the front of the car than the sides. Of course, better driver education would make moot this last point. If you're comfortable dealing with adverse yaw in snowy conditions, you'll love the better feel during summer conditions with the larger rear bar.
Old 02-01-2020 | 01:23 PM
G37xMN
Registered Member

I got brand new all season Goodyear Eagle Sports. I知 pretty good at controlling the X in the snow when it slips. In fact I seek out the harsh conditions more than I avoid them, if ya know what I mean. I think the sport bars will be fun. We値l see though, I値l let ya Guys know how it goes.

Quick Reply: Moog Sway Bar Endlink Fitment? AWD Sedan