Help Bc coilover rear lower mount search

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2018, 07:38 PM
main_shoby
Registered Member

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Bc coilover rear lower mount search

Hello!
I recently have moved to Massachusetts and have developed a need to increase my car's ride height since. Quite honestly, roads are terrible here and it's not even winter yet. Anyway! I have cheap style tien basis coilovers that don't allow much height adjustment on the rear side.
My cousin had extra BC Coilover shock cartridges for g37 sedan laying around, which he gave me.
Now I am thinking if I can replace my fixed tein rear strut with the adjustable Bc BR type, it should give me the ability to fully increase ride height.
Problem is I can't seem to find the lower bracket for these strut cartridges
This is what I got.
And see the picture below, I am looking for the lower mount, in which these cartridges will go - like the one pictured below.

If someone has these laying around or know where can I get them or any replacement part that I can use, please let me know.

If the whole idea is wrong, then let me know too! Lol

Last edited by main_shoby; 06-23-2018 at 08:46 PM.
Old 06-23-2018, 10:12 PM
bPChaos
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 56 Posts
The dampers don't control the ride height on our cars - you'd be better off trying to find a taller spring perch for springs themselves if you wanted to increase ride height. The only thing the dampers control is pre-load.
Old 06-23-2018, 10:59 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 838 Likes on 716 Posts
Actually, those will increase ride height but at the expense of increased preload which will hurt the ride.
Old 06-23-2018, 11:26 PM
main_shoby
Registered Member

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by bPChaos
The dampers don't control the ride height on our cars - you'd be better off trying to find a taller spring perch for springs themselves if you wanted to increase ride height. The only thing the dampers control is pre-load.
I am not sure if there are taller perches available or there is a safe way to increase perch seat height :/

Originally Posted by slartibartfast
Actually, those will increase ride height but at the expense of increased preload which will hurt the ride.
what I learned from my setup is, it doesn't matter how much height I add to the perches, My total height in rear remains roughly the same. it's very weird :/
I want to add about 1 or 1.5 inch height. Right now my perch is at mid height.

With a solution like this, I can get by winter by increasing my spring height from perch to the max and if I still need some more height, I can use some extra preload. adding an extra 1/2 inch in preload shouldn't hurt the ride quality (IMO), I wont be taking hard corners in snow while driving my rwd lol.

Last edited by main_shoby; 06-23-2018 at 11:35 PM.