Brakes, Suspension, Wheels & Tires
Rollers and Rubbers (View All Posts)

difference between g37xs coupe and q60s awd coupe

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2016, 08:56 PM
skyline4ever

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
difference between g37xs coupe and q60s awd coupe

hey there people I was wondering if there was any difference between the g37xs and q60s awd suspension and rear subframe.

I've been having major problems getting the rear of my car aligned after installing lowering springs even with adding eibach adjustable camber arms it's impossible to get the camber right with out throwing the toe way off.

I've noticed that the q60s awd seems to be lower then the stock g37xs and wondered if the manufacturer actually changed the rear sub frame in it to get everything to align properly.

if so does the q60s awd rear subframe fit on a g37xs?

Last edited by skyline4ever; 08-06-2016 at 04:26 PM.
Old 08-05-2016, 10:06 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by skyline4ever
hey there people I was wondering if there was any difference between the g37xs and q60s awd suspension and rear subframe.

I've been having major problems getting the rear of my car aligned after installing lowering springs even with adding eibach adjustable camber arms it's impossible to get the camber right with out throwing the toe way off.

I've noticed that the q60s awd seems to be lower then the stock g37xs and wondered if the manufacturer actually changed the rear sub frame in it to get everything to align properly.

if so does the q60s awd rear subframe fit on a g37xs?

(also posted this in the coupe section because I didn't know weather it should be here or there since I'm talking about the subframe as well as the suspension.)
Did you just use the rear Eibach arms or did you also use the aftermarket toe bolts?
Typically you need the new toe bolts (with the bolt slot elongated to get the wider adjustment range) in order to get toe in spec if you're lowered over 1.25". As far as I know the suspensions have remained unchanged form the first G37coupe to the current Q60.
Old 08-05-2016, 10:59 PM
skyline4ever

Originally Posted by blnewt
Did you just use the rear Eibach arms or did you also use the aftermarket toe bolts?
Typically you need the new toe bolts (with the bolt slot elongated to get the wider adjustment range) in order to get toe in spec if you're lowered over 1.25". As far as I know the suspensions have remained unchanged form the first G37coupe to the current Q60.

thanks alot for your answer, I did get the after market toe bolts and had them installed and only after going to 3 different mechanics was I finally told the same thing you told me about needing the holes elongated.

I never had it done though because I didn't know if this would be safe considering the toe arm is also what holds the spring.

how much would it have to be elongated? is it safe and sturdy? if I do grind I don't want to grind off the dimples that hold the bolt washers in place.
Old 08-05-2016, 11:56 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by skyline4ever
thanks alot for your answer, I did get the after market toe bolts and had them installed and only after going to 3 different mechanics was I finally told the same thing you told me about needing the holes elongated.

I never had it done though because I didn't know if this would be safe considering the toe arm is also what holds the spring.

how much would it have to be elongated? is it safe and sturdy? if I do grind I don't want to grind off the dimples that hold the bolt washers in place.
If you have a dremel tool it's a pretty easy job, I used those little 1" cutoff wafers (these are sold in stacks of 10 or more), this is easier IMO than using a cutting bit since you can hold the dremel perpendicular to the slot. If you use the bit you have to have a flex extender to get in there and it's harder to eye the work.
Here's a link showing what's done. And FWIW I've had the SPC toe bolts on my G for about 5 years and 60k+ miles and the alignment is still rock solid.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/brakes-...-template.html
The 2nd link in that thread will download to Adobe, and make a note about only cutting to the inside of the slots (the side of the slot that's toward the center of the car), this will save time (and metal) since the bolt will have to slide to that side for toe to be in spec. the other side of the slot being elongated won't gain you anything.

Last edited by blnewt; 08-06-2016 at 12:04 AM.
The following users liked this post:
skyline4ever (08-06-2016)
Old 08-06-2016, 04:26 PM
skyline4ever

ok thanks again