Brakes, Suspension, Wheels & Tires
Rollers and Rubbers (View All Posts)

Finally got full alignment done: still got issues/need opinion.

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2016, 03:26 PM
main_shoby
Registered Member

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Finally got full alignment done: still got issues/need opinion.

did toe bolt bore modification, installed SPC camber/toe bolt. front upper control arm and rear camber kit is adjusted. this is what i got, looks good?

Even with all this and road force alignment, i have some vibrations when reaching 80 mph and car steers to passenger side if I leave the steering.

I have rotor warping problem and I have ordered 4 new centric premium rotors and ceremic pads to address that.
is it possible to have vibration and steer due to rotors ?

Last edited by main_shoby; 02-28-2016 at 06:41 PM.
Old 02-28-2016, 07:32 PM
Baby Jumpman
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 49 Posts
Tires, wheels, hub rings. But yes my rotors had some pad deposits which caused an annoying vibration and when replaced the vibration decreased significantly. Once I swap out new tires I'm sure I'll be back to no vibration at all.
Old 02-29-2016, 08:59 AM
jfisher
Registered Member

Received 57 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by main_shoby
did toe bolt bore modification, installed SPC camber/toe bolt. front upper control arm and rear camber kit is adjusted. this is what i got, looks good?

Even with all this and road force alignment, i have some vibrations when reaching 80 mph and car steers to passenger side if I leave the steering.

I have rotor warping problem and I have ordered 4 new centric premium rotors and ceremic pads to address that.
is it possible to have vibration and steer due to rotors ?
Was it pulling before you made these changes? What else did you change when you added all the alignment parts?
Old 02-29-2016, 09:26 AM
main_shoby
Registered Member

it was pulling before, it's still pulling. I had front upper control arms and rear camber arm installed before.
On this visit, I only added SPC toe bolt, elongate the bolt bore and had alignment done.
I see that there is 0.5 degree difference in the caster, they should have evened it out no?
with front upper control arms, this should be an easy fix?
Old 02-29-2016, 09:40 AM
jfisher
Registered Member

Received 57 Likes on 51 Posts
it was pulling before, it's still pulling. I had front upper control arms and rear camber arm installed before.
On this visit, I only added SPC toe bolt, elongate the bolt bore and had alignment done.
I see that there is 0.5 degree difference in the caster, they should have evened it out no?
with front upper control arms, this should be an easy fix?
Caster was my initial thought as that is a big cause of pulling. What brand arms do you have? If you have the SPC's caster adjustment sucks and most shops won't make the necessary adjustments for a standard alignment price. It's a guessing game with those ball joints and their orientation to get the caster right.
Old 02-29-2016, 02:28 PM
main_shoby
Registered Member

yeah i got SPC kit, front and rear.
Old 02-29-2016, 02:46 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 838 Likes on 716 Posts
A good alignment shop will put your approximate weight in the driver area before aligning. If not, they will use different left-to-right front settings to accommodate the expected driver weight.

The pull could be due to your tires being worn unevenly. I'd replace them before condemning the alignment, which looks good if a little lacking in negative camber. At least your rear tires will last longer what with the lower toe angles.
Old 03-02-2016, 03:04 PM
hipoCBR
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Your Toe is off, I'd have them set it as close to zero and sacrifice more camber to offset it.
Trust me.
My toe was way off to get the camber in spec initially, and I burned through 2 rear sets of tires in a year.

Top off the car with all your fluids and fill the gas tank then take it to shop that customize in alignments.

Now with my camber is like -2.75 which is not bad lol. But at least I'm not chewing through the tires anymore or not as fast compared to 3k miles they were gone. I have spc rear kit too.

Does your car pull weird when u go over grooves and lane reflectors? ?
Old 03-03-2016, 10:19 AM
main_shoby
Registered Member

Originally Posted by hipoCBR

Does your car pull weird when u go over grooves and lane reflectors? ?
yes it does shuffle a bit when going over groves etc I will double check it next drive.
Old 03-03-2016, 04:46 PM
AARONHL
Registered Member

Received 57 Likes on 54 Posts
Everything is perfect exact for the front caster (no caster in rear)
.50 isnt bad but def not good
That Caster is the reason why your car is pulling and needs a lot of correction on the highway unless your tires are shot or the lug nuts are loose
It means one wheel is pointed further forward than the other
Old 03-04-2016, 09:02 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by AARONHL
Everything is perfect exact for the front caster (no caster in rear)
.50 isnt bad but def not good
That Caster is the reason why your car is pulling and needs a lot of correction on the highway unless your tires are shot or the lug nuts are loose
It means one wheel is pointed further forward than the other
Probably this^^ although .5 cross caster isn't excessive, but will cause a bit of pull. Did you mount the tires exactly as they were before of have they been rotated since? If they've been rotated then it shouldn't be tire wear causing this, but if they were re mounted in the same position it may also contribute to this if the tires weren't wearing properly prior.
Old 03-04-2016, 09:14 AM
main_shoby
Registered Member

the shop said, its almost impossible to get an even caster settings :/
my point is, if SPC's part is going to alter my caster setting then how come its not fixable.. although it is adjustable but no freakin shop will do it. i wish i had my own alignment machine, this is bull****.
Old 03-04-2016, 11:19 AM
m3clubracer
Registered Member

Received 81 Likes on 74 Posts
Has anyone gone over your front suspension? Has your car been in an accident? Maybe you should take it to another shop that has more experience with aftermarket components.
Old 03-04-2016, 11:52 AM
main_shoby
Registered Member

Originally Posted by m3clubracer
Has anyone gone over your front suspension? Has your car been in an accident? Maybe you should take it to another shop that has more experience with aftermarket components.
Has anyone gone over your front suspension?
nope. I send an email to the alignment shop and they want my car for a full day so they can go over it and attempt to fix the caster.

Has your car been in an accident?
nope, never

I hope they fix it, but dropping the car for a full working day is hard :/
Old 03-04-2016, 02:32 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Has anyone gone over your front suspension?
nope. I send an email to the alignment shop and they want my car for a full day so they can go over it and attempt to fix the caster.

Has your car been in an accident?
nope, never

I hope they fix it, but dropping the car for a full working day is hard :/
The caster adjust on the SPCs is really easy to be honest, it's just 6 different positions that are available, so if your Caster on one side needs to go up or down to equal the other you just set the caster adjustment to the proper adjustment point. The SPC instructions specifically label what each position will do.

Quick Reply: Finally got full alignment done: still got issues/need opinion.