Brakes, Suspension, Wheels & Tires
Rollers and Rubbers (View All Posts)

HELP~All squared setups please post here!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2017, 04:13 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
I went back a couple pages and now I remember lol, since you already have the tires then yep, that setup will work and should get decent treadwear w/ the rear kit and the front toe in spec, and since it's a square setup being able to do full tire rotations will help too!

Just be prepared for some compromise w/ cornering stability on that wide tire/narrow wheel setup.
Old 07-29-2017, 04:17 PM
zaz
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
I went back a couple pages and now I remember lol, since you already have the tires then yep, that setup will work and should get decent treadwear w/ the rear kit and the front toe in spec, and since it's a square setup being able to do full tire rotations will help too!

Just be prepared for some compromise w/ cornering stability on that wide tire/narrow wheel setup.
The pirellis have a bit of bulge but the firehawk indy 500s actually sit very well. It is obviously a tiny bit out of spec for tire width but they've been super grippy, haven't noticed any issues so far. Maybe if/when I take it to the track for a day I think I'd notice some issues. But compared to all seasons, these are super grippy so it's still been a noticeable improvement in handling.

So as long as the toe is in spec, maybe purchase rear toe bolts, and I should be fine? I don't know ideal numbers off the top of my head but I'd like camber to be around -1.5 maximum right?

And the drop will, if anything, give me slightly more fender room?
Old 07-29-2017, 06:44 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Originally Posted by zaz
The pirellis have a bit of bulge but the firehawk indy 500s actually sit very well. It is obviously a tiny bit out of spec for tire width but they've been super grippy, haven't noticed any issues so far. Maybe if/when I take it to the track for a day I think I'd notice some issues. But compared to all seasons, these are super grippy so it's still been a noticeable improvement in handling.

So as long as the toe is in spec, maybe purchase rear toe bolts, and I should be fine? I don't know ideal numbers off the top of my head but I'd like camber to be around -1.5 maximum right?

And the drop will, if anything, give me slightly more fender room?
Get the full rear kit, either the 4 bolt kit(2 camber, 2 toe), or the camber arm/toe bolt set, you need both camber and toe adjusters to get everything in spec back there. And yeah, going to quality summer tires is one of the best "mods" you can do, those will keep a smile on your face
Old 07-29-2017, 07:58 PM
zaz
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Get the full rear kit, either the 4 bolt kit(2 camber, 2 toe), or the camber arm/toe bolt set, you need both camber and toe adjusters to get everything in spec back there. And yeah, going to quality summer tires is one of the best "mods" you can do, those will keep a smile on your face
Will the front be in spec? Or if slightly out, have excessive uneven wear?
Old 07-29-2017, 08:34 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Your camber will be out of spec, but shouldn't be too bad, like -1.8 give or take, but you will have full toe adjustment through the tie rods so w/ toe in spec your front treadwear should be reasonable. This is something to just keep an eye on, if it's not within your acceptable range then you can look into a front kit. Most mild drops seem ok w/ just the rear set.
Old 08-05-2017, 10:43 AM
Cynically

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Those Enkeis will be fine in that spec and you could run a 255/40. Are you lowered or plan to lower?
Originally Posted by Cynically
I am running Eibach Pro-Kit with rear SPC arm. I might get the front camber kit as well as it seems to have uneven wear.

I think the Enkei will look like dlightz2's setup.
The wait time to get the wheels is too long in Montreal, Canada. Some wheels even take up to 4 months to arrive. By that time summer is over. I had time to change my mind. Looking at other threads it got interested in fat tires. What is the fattest and the most aggressive square setup I can fit in a coupe lowered on Eibach?
Old 08-05-2017, 04:18 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

What wheels are you running Cynically?
Old 08-05-2017, 05:22 PM
Cynically

What wheels are you running Cynically?
I am running stock 19" right now. I am in the market for new wheels.
Old 08-05-2017, 06:22 PM
Awakence
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Have to say, you nailed it! Glad you went with the +25s all around, what tires specs did you end up with, did you end up running 255/40s?

Those Works are a great look as is everything else you've done
Thanks! I am running 265/35/19's Michellin PSS

Originally Posted by Cynically
If I run the same setup as Awakence with 275/35 tires, will I need to do any fender modification?
I did not have do roll any fenders, no rub whatsoever.

Any other questions give me a message on IG.
Old 08-05-2017, 08:01 PM
future62

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts
Nice to see that 255s fit nicely on 9.5s. Kind of perfect actually.
Old 08-07-2017, 12:26 PM
03ktmsx

Hello everyone - I'm a newbie looking to put the same size tire/wheel combo on all (4) corners of my 2010 G37s sedan w/ 6spd manual. I've been working with a sales rep at Discount TIre and we ordered some Verde Parallax 19x8.5 wheels with a +38mm offset and Michelin 245/40 R19 tires. We confirmed with Verde Wheels that they would fit the front and clear the Akebono front brake calipers, but when we went to test fit them, we found that they don't fit.

I'm new to the forum and have searched (unsuccessfully) to find out what size wheel+offset/tire combo will fit the car with the same 19" wheel at all (4) corners.

I don't plan on lowering the car or rolling fenders - suspension will be stock except for the new Hotchkis sway bars I've ordered.

Thanks in advance for any assistance/direction you're able to provide.
Old 08-07-2017, 12:46 PM
Ape Factory
Registered Member

Received 322 Likes on 231 Posts
^^^How off was the caliper clearance? With an 8.5" wheel and a +38mm offset, you have plenty of room to add spacers and push the wheels out and clear the calipers. Case in point, I run a 19x9.5" +45 and I have 20mm spacers in the rear and 5mm up front. My wheels cleared the calipers even without the spacers but I wanted a flush fitment. I run a 255 series tire.
Old 08-07-2017, 12:48 PM
03ktmsx

It barely rubbed - I hadn't thought about using wheel spacers. Is there a downside to using them - i.e. premature tire wear or alignment/suspension issues?

Also are all wheel spacers created equal or is there a brand better than others? Thanks
Old 08-07-2017, 03:36 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 838 Likes on 716 Posts
Only two downsides -- slightly higher unsprung weight and scrub radius increases. Scrub radius is like power steering, the more you have the easier it is to turn the steering wheel. It's not a large effect but it's there.
Old 08-08-2017, 08:21 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Spacers that are 5mm or less "should" work with your stock lugs but you need to confirm that you have at least 6 full turns on your lug nuts when torqued to 85 ft. lbs, if you get less than that you'd need to get longer studs. Also, you need to get hub adapting rings with aftermarket wheels, this will tighten up the hub bore on your new wheels to the Infiniti 66.1mm hub, your wheels are probably 73.1mm but you'd need to verify that (if Discount didn't include the hub rings that is )

And FWIW, if you are searching for wheels that will clear, go to tirerack.com and enter your vehicle as a "sport" pkg, and it will list only wheels that will clear the bigger brakes.
The following users liked this post:
dbeachy1 (08-08-2017)

Quick Reply: HELP~All squared setups please post here!