Brakes, Suspension, Wheels & Tires
Rollers and Rubbers (View All Posts)

Fortune Auto Coilover for G37x - Group Buy Interest

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 11:46 PM
Project10

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by connoisseurr
Jethro - I'm not quite sure as to what option they will be building for the rear. That is something I will look into, along with spring rates.

What does everyone think about using the 8K/6K (F/R) spring rate pattern versus what other platforms use? Obviously Fortune Auto are the professionals developing a system and they will use what they think is right. I'm just wondering if it's worth mentioning.

Fortune Auto will be working with a vendor on this forum to handle the payment and distribution of units. Once I get word that things are moving forward, I will update everyone.

Please spread the word for these unit to all your X-drive friends who are looking for a quality set of coilovers!

Thanks all,
Connor
Thought I would touch base with a few things here.
For myself I would like to add the sealed bearing upgrade/Ball bearing spring bushing to minimize noise & binding
Street valving (as my car is my DD)
Threaded body to anodized black for winter upgrade
As far as the spring rates go, I was figuring about the same. I would think they would know what the best rates would be for a DD "X"
I would also prefer an oem style rear, seeing how the shock only mounts up with only a few small bolts in the true coil application.
Old 03-06-2014, 09:42 AM
Jethro
Registered Member

Received 39 Likes on 23 Posts
I agree and was thinking of similar choices with this, as my car is also just a DD and will never see a track. Hopefully these have a decent amount of height adjustability and do not force us to be completely dumped.

Originally Posted by Project10
For myself I would like to add the sealed bearing upgrade/Ball bearing spring bushing to minimize noise & binding
As far as the spring rates go, I was figuring about the same. I would think they would know what the best rates would be for a DD "X"
I would also prefer an oem style rear, seeing how the shock only mounts up with only a few small bolts in the true coil application.
Old 03-06-2014, 10:44 AM
ChinkyChoy
Premier Member

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts
i am already on BC coils right now and willing to give this a shot but it would obviously depend on price i guess. I d really like to be able to compare the two

I have an 08 G35x Sedan if you need this info
Old 03-06-2014, 11:29 AM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Received 182 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by Project10
Originally Posted by Jethro
I agree and was thinking of similar choices with this, as my car is also just a DD and will never see a track. Hopefully these have a decent amount of height adjustability and do not force us to be completely dumped.
A few things I discussed with Chris from Fortune Auto:

These will be based on the Fortune 500 series build. There isn't that much deviation from that model, however upgrading the top hats to reduce noise and binding shouldn't be an issue at all.

I was also told all the components are electroplated for extra protection against the elements. In all honesty, I've had my fair share of coilovers in the past and I make sure to grease the threads very well to ensure they are coated. I've always wanted to make some sort of shield that can be slipped on over the locking collars and threads to really protect them from the elements.

I'm almost positive they will choose the correct spring rate for the application - they know what they are doing for sure.

The application for the Z does have great range of adjustability so I'm sure these will be the same. Also I am hoping they go for the OEM-style setup - seperate shock and spring.

Originally Posted by ChinkyChoy
i am already on BC coils right now and willing to give this a shot but it would obviously depend on price i guess. I d really like to be able to compare the two

I have an 08 G35x Sedan if you need this info
Model won't be an issue. The X-drive suspension geometry is all the same.
Old 03-06-2014, 02:58 PM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Ok so the group buy is up. THmotorsports will be the supporting vendor. I am working on getting in touch with them to get details setup.

I'm sure they will create a product page for the group buy. I will update when I get additional information from THmotorsports.
Old 03-06-2014, 03:08 PM
ChinkyChoy
Premier Member

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts
awesome thanks for putting this together
Old 03-06-2014, 03:43 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Nice work Connor, TH Motorsports is a great vendor so in that regard you're already going in the right direction. Look forward to seeing what pricing you can secure and great to have another option for you guys.
Old 03-06-2014, 10:47 PM
Project10

A few things I discussed with Chris from Fortune Auto:

These will be based on the Fortune 500 series build. There isn't that much deviation from that model, however upgrading the top hats to reduce noise and binding shouldn't be an issue at all.

I was also told all the components are electroplated for extra protection against the elements. In all honesty, I've had my fair share of coilovers in the past and I make sure to grease the threads very well to ensure they are coated. I've always wanted to make some sort of shield that can be slipped on over the locking collars and threads to really protect them from the elements.

I'm almost positive they will choose the correct spring rate for the application - they know what they are doing for sure.

The application for the Z does have great range of adjustability so I'm sure these will be the same. Also I am hoping they go for the OEM-style setup - seperate shock and spring.

Model won't be an issue. The X-drive suspension geometry is all the same.
Although there isn't much deviation from the 500 series, fortune did offer the same options on other forums as well. They offered custom valving too at no charge. The "dd" guys choose the street valving option.
Old 03-07-2014, 09:24 AM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

I will ask about the valving. Since most are looking for a DD application, that makes sense to me.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:04 AM
Jethro
Registered Member

Thanks Connoisseurr for the initiative in getting this group buy off the ground. Really excited to finally have a quality option available.

I posted it on a local Z/G forum, ChicagoZ, to also try to get some more interest. Chicago is flooded with X models, so maybe it will add a few to the list.
Old 03-07-2014, 12:00 PM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Thanks a bunch Jethro. The additional interest will really help Fortune Auto out, a lot.

I will let you all know the first 10 buyers will get special pricing on these coilovers. Everyone after that will pay a few dollars more.
Old 03-07-2014, 12:08 PM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Originally Posted by blnewt
Connor, you might even post a thread over on myg35driver.com w/ a link over here for the G35X guys.
I posted two threads over there and both were deleted. I didn't even get a message why they were deleted.
Old 03-07-2014, 01:19 PM
Jethro
Registered Member

I have been a member over there for a long time (had a G35 sedan back in the day), I will make a thread there and see if we have better luck. It may be we have to wait until the official group buy starts before we can make a thread.

I posted two threads over there and both were deleted. I didn't even get a message why they were deleted.
Old 03-07-2014, 02:05 PM
Project10

I will ask about the valving. Since most are looking for a DD application, that makes sense to me.
Great. Thought I would bring this up so we can all recieve the best possible options for our coilover setups.
Old 03-08-2014, 08:22 AM
Chicagostig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was just thinking about getting coilovers for my 07 g35x. I'm interested in the group buy. How much is shipping?

Quick Reply: Fortune Auto Coilover for G37x - Group Buy Interest