Brakes, Suspension, Wheels & Tires
Rollers and Rubbers (View All Posts)

Help BC Racing Rear Height Adjustment?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 12:18 PM
RogerRab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
Sorry guys, tried to go by memory and being over 50 that's not always the best idea
There's a few ways to do this and it looks like I've spent a bit more time than I should have, lol.
Thanks for the improved details!
Thank you regardless

Originally Posted by g37yoel
I had the same problem with my car, I did not understand how to lower the back or raise it. What i did was call bc racing directly and ask them step by step. What you do is:
Step 1: Raise car off the floor by the pumpkin in the back so there is no stress on the springs or shock, etc. Step 2: Take off wheels. Step 3: Measure what you have at the moment so you know what height you want. Step 4: If you want to go down you go counter clockwise on the spring. Loosen the top perch of the spring and raise it up how low you want to go. Then Bring the bigger bottom perch up until it meets with the smaller perch. Tighten that up and get the measurements so you can do the other side. Step 5: unlock perch on shock raise the perch up the exact measurement (so you raised your spring 1 inch you lower your shock 1 inch) to make sure you made the right adjustment to your shock you raise the perch w.e you raised the spring and then make the perch spin, you will have to spend the shock clock wise until the perch hit the bottom where it locks on. Step 5: lock all perches in together lower your car, drive it back in forth so the spring and shock settle and you should be good. I did this way and it worked, you dont have to remove anything. Hope it helps (remember if you want to go down go counter clock wise on spring and clock wise on the shock) If you want to go up do the opposite
Thanks man.
Old 01-22-2014, 12:29 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
I think I'm going to lower my rear another 1/4" since it's so much easier now