Brakes, Suspension, Wheels & Tires
Rollers and Rubbers (View All Posts)

Help Autozone Front Rotors?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 10:04 AM
OMG_ROTFLOL

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Autozone Front Rotors?

My front rotors are warped.......AGAIN ! !

I have had it in the stealership under warranty for replacement of front rotors, pads, and the front brake TSB, and 10k miles later, the front rotors are warped again.

I see lots of aftermarket rotor options, in fact, to many...makes my head spin.

I am concerned with ordering some expensive front rotors, only to have them warp in a few thousand miles, and dealing with shipping these things back and forth if I have any issues.

If I get them from Autozone, they are:

Pros
1. inexpensive
2. Warranty - 2yr replacement
3. in stock
4. if I have any problems it is really easy to run and get another set.

Cons
1. Performance - not as desirable as a nice slotted rotor...

What are your thoughts??
Old 01-12-2014, 10:08 AM
GoFightNguyen
Because Racecar

Received 752 Likes on 356 Posts
If you get aftermarket rotors and they warp, it would indicate a problem with your car, not the rotor. So far you've tried replacing OEM with OEM and had the same problem, meaning at least the issue is consistent. I'd switch to aftermarket rotors of your choice. If they warp, you have bigger problems.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:11 AM
Vizard_87
Premier Member

Received 255 Likes on 201 Posts
I bought my drilled rotors from brake performance and have about 1100 miles on them and they are good, to me the price was really good and I use stop tech brake pads as well. Here are some reviews for the site:
https://www.myg37.com/forums/brakes-...mance-com.html
The following users liked this post:
OMG_ROTFLOL (01-14-2014)
Old 01-12-2014, 12:18 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
I too have the brakeperformance rotors w/ no issues, a good option if you want a low priced slotted/drilled rotor. Won't make much difference in actual braking but looks nice, and combined w/ Stoptech street pads they have good bite.
If you want basic blanks that are a solid choice I'd go w/ Centric blanks and KNSbrakes.com is a site vendor that has nice prices and good choices
The following users liked this post:
OMG_ROTFLOL (01-14-2014)
Old 01-12-2014, 10:47 PM
OMG_ROTFLOL

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by GoFightNguyen
If you get aftermarket rotors and they warp, it would indicate a problem with your car, not the rotor. So far you've tried replacing OEM with OEM and had the same problem, meaning at least the issue is consistent. I'd switch to aftermarket rotors of your choice. If they warp, you have bigger problems.
Thanks

Originally Posted by Vizard_87
I bought my drilled rotors from brake performance and have about 1100 miles on them and they are good, to me the price was really good and I use stop tech brake pads as well. Here are some reviews for the site:
https://www.myg37.com/forums/brakes-...mance-com.html
Thanks for the info

Originally Posted by blnewt
I too have the brakeperformance rotors w/ no issues, a good option if you want a low priced slotted/drilled rotor. Won't make much difference in actual braking but looks nice, and combined w/ Stoptech street pads they have good bite.
If you want basic blanks that are a solid choice I'd go w/ Centric blanks and KNSbrakes.com is a site vendor that has nice prices and good choices
Wow their website has really great prices on slotted and drilled rotors....
I see that they have a warranty, just playing devils advocate, but if I had to return them I would be without front rotors for a week or two weeks while I ship them the warped ones and wait for them to ship me another pair.

Hmmmmmm......
Old 01-13-2014, 12:35 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by OMG_ROTFLOL
Thanks

Thanks for the info

Wow their website has really great prices on slotted and drilled rotors....
I see that they have a warranty, just playing devils advocate, but if I had to return them I would be without front rotors for a week or two weeks while I ship them the warped ones and wait for them to ship me another pair.

Hmmmmmm......
You might shoot a PM to Soolman, he also has the brakeperformance rotors for awhile and has the large Akebono brakes (I only have the Journey brakes) so he'd be a good one to ask about how they are on the Sport equipped Gs. Here's a single post from him w/ a pic of his brakes~
https://www.myg37.com/forums/3662185-post69.html
Old 02-20-2014, 06:41 PM
Need 4 Speed

Received 86 Likes on 77 Posts
Originally Posted by OMG_ROTFLOL
My front rotors are warped.......AGAIN ! !

I have had it in the stealership under warranty for replacement of front rotors, pads, and the front brake TSB, and 10k miles later, the front rotors are warped again.

I see lots of aftermarket rotor options, in fact, to many...makes my head spin.

I am concerned with ordering some expensive front rotors, only to have them warp in a few thousand miles, and dealing with shipping these things back and forth if I have any issues.

If I get them from Autozone, they are:

Pros
1. inexpensive
2. Warranty - 2yr replacement
3. in stock
4. if I have any problems it is really easy to run and get another set.

Cons
1. Performance - not as desirable as a nice slotted rotor...

What are your thoughts??
Watch out for the super cheap rotors... I put some of those on my car years ago and they did nothing but squeak... Ive never had that problem with a good set of aftermarket rotors.
Old 02-21-2014, 01:06 PM
SlateBlue G

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
I've had a set of stoptechs and DBA's for the life of my car (currently at 118k) and both were very good. Lasted about 50k each on them. I wouldn't trust the cheapo rotors IMO