Rollers and Rubbers (View All Posts)

G37x Fortune Auto Coilovers Group buy

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 08:30 PM
AZNnite

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
G37x Fortune Auto Coilovers Group buy

Hey guys,

After an exhausted search for quality coilovers for the AWD platform, I ran across this company thats willing to build a set for the X model. Just want to get a feeler to see whos interested as we need a minimum of 10 buyers to begin fittment.

Home - Fortune Auto North America
Old 06-27-2013, 12:27 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by AZNnite
Hey guys,

After an exhausted search for quality coilovers for the AWD platform, I ran across this company thats willing to build a set for the X model. Just want to get a feeler to see whos interested as we need a minimum of 10 buyers to begin fittment.

Home - Fortune Auto North America
Good luck w/ the group buy, hopefully the X guys can count on a few more upcoming coilover options. Might want to post on g35driver.com too if you haven't already.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:39 AM
AZNnite

Cool. Thanks for the option!
Old 07-07-2013, 10:49 AM
Motoboat

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Seems like this company has some good reviews, and that was from a few years ago. Hopefully things have gotten even better since then.

What I am really concerned about is what the ride quality will be like. We don't know because it hasn't been fitted yet. Right now I'm on swift springs and I like them, but there is always room for improvement. Seems like the swifts give me a little more bounce than before. If these could eliminate that, or dampen the ride, just a little back towards stock ride then it would be what im looking for.

What I really want is it to have it all lol, I want a good ride (doesn't have to be "great") that handles well when cornering. I don't mind paying a little more for a good coilover. when it comes down to it. I'm not trying for the slammed look. So if height is adjustable, I really don't want it to have to be lower than my swifts are now, that would be a negative for me.

I had H&R sport coils on my last car and loved em. Hopefully these could be similar
Old 12-08-2013, 11:33 PM
KGX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
*reviving thread* so, did all the interest for these just fizzle out?
Old 02-26-2014, 11:29 AM
Project10

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
I just recently picked up a 2012 G37XS. I'm looking into coilovers for it, minus the rear clunking BC is known for. Already picked up R2C intake, CF engine cover w/nismo oil cap & everything is LED know. I also have an 04 sedan on H&R springs w/ Tokico blues & all six bushings up front are whitline. It rides great but I'd like some height adjustment this time around. Just want a quality set of coils that give a quality ride, is that too much to ask. I would have to say I think not...
Old 03-01-2014, 11:18 AM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Received 182 Likes on 128 Posts
I looked into getting a set of Fortune Auto but they mentioned the would need a group buy to begin production. I'm wondering if we can get this back together?

Anyone interested in trying a new, in-house US-made coilover option? Many people around here use them on their Zs and they are an incredible ride.
Old 03-01-2014, 11:31 AM
bigmike35nj

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
I would be interested also!
Old 03-01-2014, 05:43 PM
Project10

Originally Posted by connoisseurr
I looked into getting a set of Fortune Auto but they mentioned the would need a group buy to begin production. I'm wondering if we can get this back together?

Anyone interested in trying a new, in-house US-made coilover option? Many people around here use them on their Zs and they are an incredible ride.
I would defiantly be interested in a set. What kind info. is available on them so far?.. spring rates?.. true coilovers or oem?.. etc..
Old 03-02-2014, 10:49 AM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

I'd like to see at least 5 people interested before I reach out to Fortune Auto. Those guys are hard working people and I don't want to waste their time. I'll open up a new thread as interest and if I get 5 who are interested, I'll reach out and begin working details.
Old 03-02-2014, 10:59 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
I'd like to see at least 5 people interested before I reach out to Fortune Auto. Those guys are hard working people and I don't want to waste their time. I'll open up a new thread as interest and if I get 5 who are interested, I'll reach out and begin working details.
Connor, usually only post the interest thread in one place but since you X guys are so limited in your coilover choices for the short term it should be OK to post one in the Coupe folder, one in the sedan folder and one in this Brake/suspension folder. A lot of the members only look at one or two folders so hopefully you can get enough interest if you spread the word.
Good luck w/ this.
Old 03-02-2014, 11:28 AM
Project10

If Fortune Auto gives the green light on this build it would be a great turn of events for the "X" guys. I'm interested to see how this all plays out.
Old 03-02-2014, 02:47 PM
AZNnite

Been tryin but Im in!
Old 03-02-2014, 02:55 PM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Originally Posted by blnewt
Connor, usually only post the interest thread in one place but since you X guys are so limited in your coilover choices for the short term it should be OK to post one in the Coupe folder, one in the sedan folder and one in this Brake/suspension folder. A lot of the members only look at one or two folders so hopefully you can get enough interest if you spread the word.
Good luck w/ this.
Thanks for the green light on that Brad. I was going to reach out to you and ask if that was ok. What I plan to do is post a main thread here in the Brakes/Suspension folder, and use pointing posts in the coupe and sedan folders. I'd like to keep all the traffic on one specific thread.

Originally Posted by Project10
If Fortune Auto gives the green light on this build it would be a great turn of events for the "X" guys. I'm interested to see how this all plays out.
Absolutely will - they make a great product and I have a feeling the quality they can produce will surpass all other options for what us X guys have currently.

Originally Posted by AZNnite
Been tryin but Im in!
Didn't mean to hijack your thread but I have the time and resource to get this underway.
Old 03-02-2014, 03:00 PM
AZNnite

No worries at all! If we can get this going, I can finally dump the AMRs.

Quick Reply: G37x Fortune Auto Coilovers Group buy