Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lowered on Tein S-tech

Name:  g37S_zps63fdf416.jpg
Views: 2528
Size:  158.6 KB
Name:  G37ass_zps1b411f51.jpg
Views: 559
Size:  134.1 KB

Just lowered over the weekend. pics taken 24 hrs after install . hopefully they still settle. wont know until friday when i take it to work. any of you bros ride?
Old 04-29-2013, 11:32 PM
hipoCBR
Registered Member

also got the rear spc camber kit/toe bolt. there was no need to drill or elongate the holes. i'm not sure why everyone was doing them??

what are the camber specs for the front? they couldnt dial those in since i didnt get the front camber kit. will i chew through tires in 4 months???
Old 04-29-2013, 11:37 PM
Yan141

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
look good, I would say get alignment in two weeks.
hows the ride comfort?
I had Stech on my Si before and it was solid.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:41 PM
hipoCBR
Registered Member

well i would of waited on the alignment but the car was impossible to drive in the streets! the alignment was out of spec and the car felt like it was sliding everywhere. i think i will go back in a month and re-align - the shop said they can check it again within 90 days..
the springs feel super soft! and the comfort for daily driving is fully functional, its not bouncy at all. i would say its pretty close to oem S suspension.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:06 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Looks good, you're dropped about what I was when I was on springs. I'm fairly certain you'll need the front arms unless you do the dismount/rotate/remount/balance tire process on a regular basis. I was at 25 3/4" to the front fender but got easily in spec w/ the arms.

The rear toe kit makes it easier to get both camber & toe in spec without having to go back and forth with primarily just your stock camber bolts since the oem toe bolts will be maxed out.

I wouldn't wait too long to get that front spec'd out. BTW, like that finish on those 19" wheels, looks sharp!
Old 04-30-2013, 12:30 AM
hipoCBR
Registered Member

Yeah i will definitely ordering the front in the near future.i wanna check to see what the fender is sitting in a couple of days.
thanks man. i havn't seen too many with the chrome finish.

i think i want to do the front lower fogs HIDs (been reading TvPost DIY foginstall) or thinking maybe a rear roof spoiler.? opinions
Old 04-30-2013, 12:41 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Originally Posted by hipoCBR
Yeah i will definitely ordering the front in the near future.i wanna check to see what the fender is sitting in a couple of days.
thanks man. i havn't seen too many with the chrome finish.

i think i want to do the front lower fogs HIDs (been reading TvPost DIY foginstall) or thinking maybe a rear roof spoiler.? opinions
Those are cool add-ons although I've heard a lot of problems w/ the fit of the roof spoilers, I'm sure some are better than others so I'd do some research there.
Old 05-02-2013, 06:45 PM
jayrdong

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
That drop is so sick looking!
Old 05-19-2013, 01:13 PM
kennyz424

Received 1,499 Likes on 1,272 Posts
Im thinking of buying the exact springs but haven't yet bc i read they drop the back by .8 of an inch and the front by 1.2 inches ... Are those the tein springs that are on your car now? Mind sending me the site that you got yours off of please :-)
Old 05-19-2013, 01:20 PM
kennyz424

Received 1,499 Likes on 1,272 Posts
Just looked them up those springs are different than the ones i was looking at... Those drop your car 2.1 inches in the front and 1.9 in the back. I have a set of 20s on my car and Im scared that it might be way to much of a drop esp living in nj with these ****ty pothole filled roads lol. Amy suggestions?
Old 05-19-2013, 01:57 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Originally Posted by kennyz424
Just looked them up those springs are different than the ones i was looking at... Those drop your car 2.1 inches in the front and 1.9 in the back. I have a set of 20s on my car and Im scared that it might be way to much of a drop esp living in nj with these ****ty pothole filled roads lol. Amy suggestions?
Yep, the S Techs are a deep drop, not too easy to live w/ for a daily driver. My B&G S2s had the same drop and it gets tough sometimes, especially in unknown parking garages w/ steep drives, big speed bumps and other obstacles. Definitely will heighten your senses just navigating through town
I'm on coils now w/ zero gap, about a half inch higher than my spring drop and am SOOO much happier, and much less nervous

For a nice drop might look into Tein H Techs, Eibach Pro Kit, Swift. For a real mild drop Tanabe.
Old 05-19-2013, 02:47 PM
TwoThree

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
Going with S Techs as well soon. Have Eibachs now and I need moarr low. Coils are out of the budget for right now, since i just bought wheels and tires and a few other things, but come winter time I'll have some coils. Anyways... hoping the S Techs ride decent and arent too low, but we'll see. Should have pics in 2-3 weeks.

Hipo, we need more pics! Has it settled yet?
Old 05-19-2013, 03:40 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Originally Posted by TwoThree
Going with S Techs as well soon. Have Eibachs now and I need moarr low. Coils are out of the budget for right now, since i just bought wheels and tires and a few other things, but come winter time I'll have some coils. Anyways... hoping the S Techs ride decent and arent too low, but we'll see. Should have pics in 2-3 weeks.

Hipo, we need more pics! Has it settled yet?
Don't get me wrong, I loved the look of being that low, really adds an aggressive look to the G. Our roads are crap here and we go on a lot of long road trips and it's just so much better not having to worry so much on a daily basis. I'm sure the STechs are OK for ride quality but expect to hit the bump stops often and like I said, you'll be paying a lot more attention when you're behind the wheel. If I were you I'd just ride a bit higher short term until you can get the coils, you'll love them!

Last edited by blnewt; 05-19-2013 at 06:34 PM.
Old 05-19-2013, 06:01 PM
Ryno23

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Looks great man!
Old 05-25-2013, 07:12 PM
xorbitman
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I would not recommend going so low that you need a camber kit. These kits usually corrode fairly fast and then they seize. Then they need to be replaced. Sometimes they break too...all sorts of problems. You live in California where the roads are nice...but if you ever decide to go on a road trip...watch out...you can break things driving over ****ty roads with potholes and uneven pavement or expansion joints on bridges. Plus if you live close to the sea...the salt will eat away at the camber parts. Just my 2 cents.

Quick Reply: lowered on Tein S-tech