Rollers and Rubbers (View All Posts)

lowered on Tein S-tech

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 12:47 AM
ttv36
Race, repair, repeat.

Received 432 Likes on 289 Posts
Originally Posted by hipoCBR
there was no need to drill or elongate the holes. i'm not sure why everyone was doing them??
When you go low enough elongating the holes is needed to get the toe back into spec.
Old 08-03-2013, 09:32 PM
hipoCBR
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kennyz424
Just looked them up those springs are different than the ones i was looking at... Those drop your car 2.1 inches in the front and 1.9 in the back. I have a set of 20s on my car and Im scared that it might be way to much of a drop esp living in nj with these ****ty pothole filled roads lol. Amy suggestions?
sorry for the late reply but if you dont want it too aggressive go with Tein H, i love the S drop although i cannot ride with more than 2 ppl in it. i usually dont anyways. it can barely clear speed bumps.

Originally Posted by TwoThree
Going with S Techs as well soon. Have Eibachs now and I need moarr low. Coils are out of the budget for right now, since i just bought wheels and tires and a few other things, but come winter time I'll have some coils. Anyways... hoping the S Techs ride decent and arent too low, but we'll see. Should have pics in 2-3 weeks.

Hipo, we need more pics! Has it settled yet?
the ride quality is really SMOOTH!!! and it rides almost like oem is what i loved about them. i will update some pictures soon as the car is in the shop getting the rear IPL and side skirts to match the front end
Old 08-03-2013, 09:34 PM
hipoCBR
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tonyHTX
When you go low enough elongating the holes is needed to get the toe back into spec.
how low is that?! the spc rear camber kit-toe-bolt corrected that
Old 08-04-2013, 10:35 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by hipoCBR
how low is that?! the spc rear camber kit-toe-bolt corrected that
If you never had your toe slot elongated than you were essentially just using your stock toe bolt. Elongating the toe slot allows the bigger concentric washer on the toe kit to have full travel. When you drop below a certain point (like myself on coils) the stock toe bolts' travel is maxed out and can't get toe in spec. Since toe is more critical for tire wear than camber it's essential you get it in spec, hence the need for the bigger toe travel w/ the aftermarket toe kit.