Rollers and Rubbers (View All Posts)

Help Car sways L/R over 80+ MPH

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 02:14 PM
JohnnysG
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Car sways L/R over 80+ MPH

I have a question. I'm lowered on KWv3s, I have Hotchkis sway bars and a rear camber kit. I got an alignment recently at Akuma Motorsports and they adjusted my rear camber at -2.4 and my front driver to -2.4 and the passenger at -.8.

I asked for the sheet they're suppose to give you and they didn't give me one so I went by there word. Anyways, my steering wheel isn't perfectly straight and my car sways from left to right when I'm switching lanes on the turnpike.

I got the alignment done maybe a month ago? Should I call them and say something or do you guys have any other suggestions?

Please let me know.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:04 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 114 Likes on 87 Posts
You shouldnt have paid without the sheet, make them put it back on the rack, and print it out.

Sounds like toe out issue with rear wheels.

You must have a nice pull to the right with that front camber issue.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:42 PM
JohnnysG
Registered Member

Originally Posted by TVPostSound
You shouldnt have paid without the sheet, make them put it back on the rack, and print it out.

Sounds like toe out issue with rear wheels.

You must have a nice pull to the right with that front camber issue.

So I should definitely say something? Should I also tell them to make the front two the same camber?
Old 11-28-2012, 02:11 AM
Presto

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
if those are really the final numbers then is a messed up alignment. besides the fact that it is not within factory spec, it also got totally different camber for front right and left

are your coils installed correctly? even on left and right side? measure the threads on the coils, dont drop car on ground and measure from floor to fender as that could vary depending on floor is flat or not and tyre pressure.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:48 AM
nukee26

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Is there a reason they set the front camber that way? If they told me that's what they put it at I'd have made them put the damn car back on the lift and do it correctly.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:24 AM
JohnnysG
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Presto
if those are really the final numbers then is a messed up alignment. besides the fact that it is not within factory spec, it also got totally different camber for front right and left

are your coils installed correctly? even on left and right side? measure the threads on the coils, dont drop car on ground and measure from floor to fender as that could vary depending on floor is flat or not and tyre pressure.

The threads on the coils are NOT even on both sides, but the ride height is even? I couldn't adjust the threads at the same length without one side being higher/lower than the other side. And yes, they are the finals numbers or what he told me...
Old 11-28-2012, 01:19 PM
NJ2.5rser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is some mis-information here. You have a G with NO camber adjustment in the front and the car is very low. Therefore, the camber is what it is up front. If you want it adjusted, you will need an aftermarket solution, especially to correct the differential. We have a set SPC arms on the shelf if you are interested.

Next, the steering wheel is off a bit, but the car drives straight. this would indicate the wheel was set a little clocked when the Toe adjustments were made. This an be fixed very easily.

Akuma will ALWAYS stand behind the work. You should have called us BEFORE posting. Akuma is more than happy to look over the car and fix the steering wheel for you AT NO CHARGE.

We pride ourselves in customer service, and think of our clients as extended family. You would not be turned away.

The reason you do not have a print out, is Akuma does not use a Hunter rack. We are a race shop, and as such we use a Laser String/Digital camber set up. This is a far more accurate method. We can measure to the 32nd of an inch. Therefore, you are told your specs and then they can be written out for you on the the receipt.(which should be the case here)

This type of post can turn into a bashing thread very easily, and that is never productive for anyone.

Next time call first, and I am 100% sure you will be pleased with the outcome. We do a ton of alignments, and this stuff can happen, but it is easily fixed. You said you were in college, so you could not bring the car in. When you are free, call and get set up in the schedule.

I reiterate, Akuma will stand behind their work, we just have to know there is a problem in order to fix it. Threatening to "Burn" the shop on "every" forum, is not helpful for anyone. Again, we will take car of this free of charge as always.

Kevin@Akuma
Old 11-28-2012, 01:28 PM
NJ2.5rser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To Add, Im not sure how you would have -2.5 on one front corner and -0.8 on the other front corner. If and when you choose to bring it in we will post pictures of the actual measurements before and after. This way the forum members will have a better understanding of whats going on here.

-Kevin@Akuma
Old 11-28-2012, 05:47 PM
09ChiG37

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah toe will do this.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:33 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 114 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnnysG
So I should definitely say something? Should I also tell them to make the front two the same camber?

You need adjustable front camber arms.