Rollers and Rubbers (View All Posts)

Tanabe Sustec Pro S-OC coming today!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 04:08 PM
jujubii
Premier Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
i am jealous. my car is gonna look like that once i save enough for the sa55ms

gonna try to get custom offset otherwise imma settle for the 9.5 +24 and 10.5 +24
we gonna be twinsies
Old 04-28-2012, 04:13 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by SwissCheeseHead
And also thanks to Black Betty for some tips and pointers!
I just saw this thread. Hope I was of some help.

If you have noises, something is wrong. There shouldn't be any, these are not BC coils. Try to figure out where it's coming form then take a look to see what's wrong.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:40 AM
SwissCheeseHead

Received 87 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by jujubii
i am jealous. my car is gonna look like that once i save enough for the sa55ms

gonna try to get custom offset otherwise imma settle for the 9.5 +24 and 10.5 +24
we gonna be twinsies
Lol the more the merrier. Keep us updated!!
Old 04-29-2012, 10:43 AM
SwissCheeseHead

Originally Posted by Black Betty
I just saw this thread. Hope I was of some help.

If you have noises, something is wrong. There shouldn't be any, these are not BC coils. Try to figure out where it's coming form then take a look to see what's wrong.
I did notice some noise after my first test drive and I went back to double check everything. I found that the top strut nut wasn't tightened all the way. So after I tightened that, the car drove smooth as butter. Not a sound. So nice!
Old 05-04-2012, 12:22 PM
terribleone
Registered Member

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
Looks great!
Old 05-04-2012, 12:29 PM
SwissCheeseHead

Originally Posted by terribleone
Looks great!
Thanks Dave! Ill get some better pics taken after its washed up and the weather here isn't so sh1tty lol.
Old 05-04-2012, 03:02 PM
TwoThree

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
Damn I'm jealous. Think I'm gonna go with the same set up. I'm gonna try to go lower than what you have yours set at, but there's a lot of bullsh!t roads and steep driveways where I go, so I may be adjusting shortly after lol.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:50 AM
SwissCheeseHead

Initial impressions:

Since getting the coilovers installed and the wheels aligned, I've put on about 100 miles of seat time with the car, mostly around the city. I haven't had any highway time and I also have not been able to take any high speed turns. Impressions around the city are excellent. The jerky and stiff stock suspension is improved over dramatically. The Tanabes are only slightly stiffer than stock, however, the shocks and struts eat up the worst roads for breakfast. The really sh1tty roads are much more tolerable; I'm not jumping out of my seat anymore. The Tanabes smooth out the ride, it is VERY comfortable.

The road feel is great! You can still feel the little bumps in the road but like I mentioned before, it's not jarring as with the stock suspension. I have yet to push the Tanabes at all. There are some on/off-ramps that I'd like to take that I haven't had a chance to yet.

It is also goddamn quiet! Over speed bumps with the stock suspension, you can always here a "shooot" coming from the shocks/struts. With the Tanabes, there is no sound whatsoever. No clunking, junking or plunking. These are quality pieces.

And last but not least, it gets rid of that HIDEOUS wheel gap. The rear ground to fender height was 26 5/16" and the front is 26 7/16." I only scrape on the worst of driveways and my tires do not rub at all. This leaves about a 1/2 finger gap in the front and no finger gap in the rear. The front is flush and the rear is mostly flush. I didn't want to lose any drive-ability as it's my DD so that's why it is slightly taller but goddamn, this is how the car was meant to look from the factory!

I am very happy with this setup. I don't have the need for damping adjustments so that's why I went with this over other (cheaper) setups with damping adjustability. This is one of the first mods that should be made to the car. If comfort is your main concern, I've not read or seen anything that is smoother than this. I would take this over a Swift/Koni set up any day.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:16 AM
EndLessg37
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just got my sustec pro c install but also waiting to install camber kit. Why did you go with spc camber kit? Is it better than SPL camber kit?
Old 06-18-2012, 07:14 PM
SwissCheeseHead

I got a great deal from another member looking to sell his new set of front and rear kits for a buddy of his that was selling his G so I scooped them up. They've been trouble-free so far. I've only had them on for about 2500 miles though. SPL pieces look nice.
Old 07-04-2012, 12:51 PM
MyocyteX

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Initial impressions:

Since getting the coilovers installed and the wheels aligned, I've put on about 100 miles of seat time with the car, mostly around the city. I haven't had any highway time and I also have not been able to take any high speed turns. Impressions around the city are excellent. The jerky and stiff stock suspension is improved over dramatically. The Tanabes are only slightly stiffer than stock, however, the shocks and struts eat up the worst roads for breakfast. The really sh1tty roads are much more tolerable; I'm not jumping out of my seat anymore. The Tanabes smooth out the ride, it is VERY comfortable.

The road feel is great! You can still feel the little bumps in the road but like I mentioned before, it's not jarring as with the stock suspension. I have yet to push the Tanabes at all. There are some on/off-ramps that I'd like to take that I haven't had a chance to yet.

It is also goddamn quiet! Over speed bumps with the stock suspension, you can always here a "shooot" coming from the shocks/struts. With the Tanabes, there is no sound whatsoever. No clunking, junking or plunking. These are quality pieces.

And last but not least, it gets rid of that HIDEOUS wheel gap. The rear ground to fender height was 26 5/16" and the front is 26 7/16." I only scrape on the worst of driveways and my tires do not rub at all. This leaves about a 1/2 finger gap in the front and no finger gap in the rear. The front is flush and the rear is mostly flush. I didn't want to lose any drive-ability as it's my DD so that's why it is slightly taller but goddamn, this is how the car was meant to look from the factory!

I am very happy with this setup. I don't have the need for damping adjustments so that's why I went with this over other (cheaper) setups with damping adjustability. This is one of the first mods that should be made to the car. If comfort is your main concern, I've not read or seen anything that is smoother than this. I would take this over a Swift/Koni set up any day.

Thanks for the review. This is getting me excited to get my Tanabe's on this Saturday (hopefully).

SwissCheeseHead, I am getting a spring compressor, but are there any other specialty tools you needed? The instruction booklet for these coils makes my eyes cross just glancing at it. Did you find the instructions helpful? Thanks!
Old 08-17-2013, 07:34 PM
White-Rush

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Initial impressions:

It's been awhile since you posted this. Just curious, how are the CO's holding up? I have an M37S and i'm debating the purchase of a set for my car. I know the car's are not the same but the quality is what I'm looking for. thanks