Brakes, Suspension, Wheels & Tires
Rollers and Rubbers (View All Posts)

Review Cheap Adjustable Sway Bar End Links

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 01:02 PM
Presto

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by joo030879
Dear Fellow Members, I have noticed OP is not willing to share source. So I will share mine. I did not build one yet. Since I am still on stock sway bars. But you will find all the parts necessary at
Give them a call toll free or email
Should be able to find for much much less than $80.
I was always curious. Are you and the x-vendor jebperformance one and the same? I think you are
Old 05-09-2012, 01:14 PM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by Presto
I was always curious. Are you and the x-vendor jebperformance one and the same? I think you are
Whoa!!!!!
Old 05-10-2012, 10:48 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,726 Likes on 3,531 Posts
If you've no intention of lowering the G, how relevant is it to upgrade sway-bar end-links solely because of stiffer sway bars?

@modme

@joo030879
Old 05-10-2012, 11:01 AM
Modme
Registered Member

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
If you've no intention of lowering the G, how relevant is it to upgrade sway-bar end-links solely because of stiffer sway bars?

@modme

@joo030879

In that case, I don't think it's necessary. Assuming the stock suspension sits evenly, you won't feel an improvement with adjustable end links.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:54 PM
g35sedan5at

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jsolo
Please elaborate on this. What changed? How does this change manifest itself?
ill make 2 comparisons. one to stock eibach sways on stock links, and one to no rear sway bar, and then of course how eibach is with modme's links.

eibach sways with stock links was very tight and stiff but the rear end always felt like it was under tension, like it was just waiting to pop

no rear sway bar which is what i was running for the past 5 months was comfortable but mushy, the car would sway because each wheel would catch a different groove, it was bad.

eibach sways with Modme's links is stiff, tight, everything stock links were except the rear end feels relaxed. ready to work if it needs too but neutral in a rest position, thats the big difference to me versus stock links.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:58 PM
OB G

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
ModMe, are you still producing these end links? I PMed you for some info but haven't heard from you. Definitely interested...
Old 05-10-2012, 05:08 PM
Modme
Registered Member

Originally Posted by g35sedan5at
ill make 2 comparisons. one to stock eibach sways on stock links, and one to no rear sway bar, and then of course how eibach is with modme's links.

eibach sways with stock links was very tight and stiff but the rear end always felt like it was under tension, like it was just waiting to pop

no rear sway bar which is what i was running for the past 5 months was comfortable but mushy, the car would sway because each wheel would catch a different groove, it was bad.

eibach sways with Modme's links is stiff, tight, everything stock links were except the rear end feels relaxed. ready to work if it needs too but neutral in a rest position, thats the big difference to me versus stock links.

Thanks for the review. That's exactly what adjustable end links should do. It eliminates the feeling that the suspension is more loaded towards one side. It makes turning left and right feel more even, as opposed to having more sway towards one side.
Old 05-11-2012, 04:19 PM
g35sedan5at

Modme...the day after that review i am having some trouble, maybe you could help. when going over thingS at an angle (each rear tire goes over the bump/incline/ w.e it may be at diff times) i hear a pop sound. its not affecting the function from what i can feel but when going over speed bumps at an angle or down slopes at an angle i hear it every time. i can recreate the problem on demand. popping is the best way i can describe it becaue its not a click, im not quite sure how to describe it. i got under the car and tried to move the links to see if they were loose, nada!

like i said, its not affecting performance to the point where i can tell but it is a noise that passengers would notice (i could care less, just turn the a/c and radio up, lol)

any ideas?
Old 05-11-2012, 10:01 PM
Modme
Registered Member

Originally Posted by g35sedan5at
Modme...the day after that review i am having some trouble, maybe you could help. when going over thingS at an angle (each rear tire goes over the bump/incline/ w.e it may be at diff times) i hear a pop sound. its not affecting the function from what i can feel but when going over speed bumps at an angle or down slopes at an angle i hear it every time. i can recreate the problem on demand. popping is the best way i can describe it becaue its not a click, im not quite sure how to describe it. i got under the car and tried to move the links to see if they were loose, nada!

like i said, its not affecting performance to the point where i can tell but it is a noise that passengers would notice (i could care less, just turn the a/c and radio up, lol)

any ideas?

From my experience, there are two reasons for sway bars making sounds.
1. Grease is worn out from the bushing, or if the bushing bolts are loose.
2. The bolt from the end link to the upper control arm and to the sway bar is not tightened enough.

Did you install the end links with a torque wrench? The nuts should be tightened to 55 newtons or 41 foot pounds. I would also check the grease by the bushings. I just recently regreased mine due to sounds going over speed bumps.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:14 PM
g35sedan5at

i didnt even think about the bushings because the noise started when i put the links but ill look it all over when i get the chance.

the tq wrench i have doesnt fit in the tight space but i know i tightened it to or beyond 41 ft lbs. theres another nut on this car (if orget which) that needs 46 ft lbs or soemthing and i put same, probably more pressure on this one. like i said, ill double check everything

thanks!
Old 05-12-2012, 07:40 PM
soundmike

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Just got mine installed, it works wonderfully. Might adjust it a bit later to be more level, it's kind of hard doing it without ramps.

Thanks again for sharing and shipping it out so fast, Jason!

Old 05-13-2012, 01:37 PM
Presto

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
Just received them all the way in Dubai. Have not installed them yet. Thanks
Old 05-14-2012, 12:03 AM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by soundmike
Just got mine installed, it works wonderfully. Might adjust it a bit later to be more level, it's kind of hard doing it without ramps.

Mike, you're not lowered, right?
I just installed mine, left a 1/2" space before touching the SPC camber arms.
Yours look like the bar is more level. Im dropped 1 1/4" in the rear.
Old 05-14-2012, 12:06 AM
Modme
Registered Member

Originally Posted by soundmike

Looks great! Glad youre enjoying it. Thanks for the feedback.
Old 05-14-2012, 01:21 AM
G35_FTMFW

So I assume this would work on a G35 too?

Quick Reply: Review Cheap Adjustable Sway Bar End Links