View Poll Results: Which one would look best on a Malbec Black Sedan?
Brushed Gunmetal Face, mirrors & Hardware w/ High polished ceramic coated lip
38.89%
Brushed Gunmetal Face & Hardware, Titanium mirrors w/ High polished ceramic coated lip
33.33%
Titanium Face, Mirrors & Hardware w/ High polished ceramic coated lip
5.56%
Titanium Face, Mirrors & Hardware w/ Gloss black lip & Titanium pinstripe
16.67%
Brushed Aluminum Face, Mirrors & Hardware w/ High polished ceramic coated lip
16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Help Getting my wheels refinished need to decide on a new color

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 12:52 PM
xSSv

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Getting my wheels refinished need to decide on a new color

Hey guys,

I shipped my wheels back to Rennen Modular to get them refinished and ready for the new whip. Not sure which would look best on my car, I have a '12 G37xS sedan Malbec Black.

Here is my current setup, Gloss black faces w/ Brushed mirrors, Black Hardware & Chrome lips

Considering...

1. Brushed Gunmetal Face, mirrors & Hardware w/ High polished ceramic coated lip. (Pic Below)
2. Brushed Gunmetal Face & Hardware, Titanium mirrors w/ High polished ceramic coated lip. (No Pic)
3. Titanium Face, Mirrors & Hardware w/ High polished ceramic coated lip. (No Pic)
4. Titanium Face, Mirrors & Hardware w/ Gloss black lip & Titanium pinstripe. (Pic Below)
5. Brushed Aluminum Face, Mirrors & Hardware w/ High polished ceramic coated lip. (Pic Below)

Brushed Gunmetal w/ Chrome Lip

Titanium w/ Gloss Black Lip

True JDM Brushed Aluminum

Last edited by xSSv; 03-27-2012 at 02:40 PM.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:41 PM
xSSv

Come on guys Vote!!!!!
Old 03-28-2012, 12:49 AM
Kuro
Registered Member

Received 183 Likes on 162 Posts
I voted for the first choice
Old 03-28-2012, 12:04 PM
xSSv

Originally Posted by Kuro
I voted for the first choice
Thanks man, 110 view and only 9 votes....
Old 03-28-2012, 12:24 PM
D_Rek

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm feeling the Brushed Gunmetal w/ Chrome Lip
Old 03-28-2012, 03:49 PM
dtran2714
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I voted 1st choice
Old 03-29-2012, 02:21 PM
Miikey01

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i have seen rims like these that were black with a gray lip (on a gray g35) and it looked sickk but the gunmetal with a chrome lip would look good too
Old 03-29-2012, 07:53 PM
xSSv

Thanks to those who have voted.... Still undecided though only a few more days till I have to choose.

Gun metal seems to be getting a lot of love though!

Last edited by xSSv; 03-29-2012 at 08:06 PM.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:15 PM
DRQKNHT
SoCal Driven

Originally Posted by xSSv
Brushed Gunmetal w/ Chrome Lip

True JDM Brushed Aluminum
Whats going on bud!

Ill tell you why no one is voting..because that poll is confusing as all hell. lol seriously. If you gave Three choices, and kept it to what color face and what color lip, youd be golden. For example: Brushed Gunmetal Face w/ Polish Lip, or Brushed Aluminum Face w/ Polish lip, etc....youd have WAY more voters.

When i was reading through it im trying to imagine all these different details, so it almost deterred me from voting and just moving on, but i figured id offer my advice since i already spent time thinking about it.

Id say go with the Brushed Gunmetal Face matching hardware, and Polish Lip. That will keep it CLEAN and not too busy like your last setup. The last setup had WAY too many colors all over the place that never made the rim look really clean *which it definitely is!

I have a similar setup with a Super Black Chrome Face w/ matching hardware and a Polished Lip, on an Obsidian Black G.

Make sure you get the center cap to match whichever face you go with.

If you go for the Brushed Aluminum Face and Polish lip you will look way more VIP with that style wheel, depending on how deep the lip is and how slammed you are.

All depends on what look you are going for, but i def think it should be one of the above 2.

Just keep it simple and dont complicate it by throwing a different face with a different lip and different hardware with different lugs...lol. You see what im saying.

Good luck bro!
Old 03-29-2012, 10:29 PM
Rikter

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I agree with ^. Poll is confusing as hell but the reason I didn't vote was that I liked none of your choices.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:16 PM
DPE G

Received 112 Likes on 73 Posts
Why not try them the way they are first? Black/Black with the brushed windows and chrome lip should look fine, maybe even change the black to match the malbec black. You seem to like wheels with A LOT going on, which is your taste, go with what you like.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:21 PM
xSSv

Originally Posted by RDDLINE
Whats going on bud!

Ill tell you why no one is voting..because that poll is confusing as all hell. lol seriously. If you gave Three choices, and kept it to what color face and what color lip, youd be golden. For example: Brushed Gunmetal Face w/ Polish Lip, or Brushed Aluminum Face w/ Polish lip, etc....youd have WAY more voters.

When i was reading through it im trying to imagine all these different details, so it almost deterred me from voting and just moving on, but i figured id offer my advice since i already spent time thinking about it.

Id say go with the Brushed Gunmetal Face matching hardware, and Polish Lip. That will keep it CLEAN and not too busy like your last setup. The last setup had WAY too many colors all over the place that never made the rim look really clean *which it definitely is!

I have a similar setup with a Super Black Chrome Face w/ matching hardware and a Polished Lip, on an Obsidian Black G.

Make sure you get the center cap to match whichever face you go with.

If you go for the Brushed Aluminum Face and Polish lip you will look way more VIP with that style wheel, depending on how deep the lip is and how slammed you are.

All depends on what look you are going for, but i def think it should be one of the above 2.

Just keep it simple and dont complicate it by throwing a different face with a different lip and different hardware with different lugs...lol. You see what im saying.

Good luck bro!
What up bro,

I get what your saying and that's the exact reason I posted the thread just included way too many options. "More isnt always better"

My current wheels are Gloss Black & Brushed Aluminum but how it was set up was to busy for that wheel design. Some guys thought the aluminum was white...lol

Thanks for the advice, the simpler approach is always best. Love the wheels by the way very clean!

Last edited by xSSv; 03-30-2012 at 12:03 AM.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:30 PM
xSSv

Originally Posted by DPE G
Why not try them the way they are first? Black/Black with the brushed windows and chrome lip should look fine, maybe even change the black to match the malbec black. You seem to like wheels with A LOT going on, which is your taste, go with what you like.
I lined them up and snapped a few pics when I picked up the car and wasnt feeling it. I thought about a color match but Malbec is a hard color to match " already had a bodyshop try"

Honestly I dont like "busy" wheels it takes away from the car but at the same time I wanted something different.

I have a good idea which one im gona roll with.

Thanks to all who voted & left comments.