Rollers and Rubbers (View All Posts)

Coilover dilemma

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 06:57 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by P Casey
Cant you match BC's and swift springs now????
I don't know if you can, but why would you? I could get Halle Berry pregnant but our kid would still probably be ugly. Why waste awesome springs on far less than awesome struts?
Old 01-11-2012, 07:19 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
I don't know if you can, but why would you? I could get Halle Berry pregnant but our kid would still probably be ugly. Why waste awesome springs on far less than awesome struts?
I cannot comment on the BC coils because I have never had them. I have heard good and bad. Yes, found that they do work together.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:24 PM
BosMaSwaG37

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It's not intended as correction of grammar, it's a correction of fact. Grammar correction on an internet forum is a lost cause, I had to learn that the hard way.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/the-lou...fe-please.html
WOW! There's a tread dedicated to my ignorance or as you put, "stupidity." Will def not make that mistake again. Thanks Professor!
Old 01-12-2012, 12:43 AM
MistAminER112
Premier Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Just wondering, but is there ANYONE that makes coils for X Sedans....other than BC? This thread has got me completely second guessing what I thought was the only maker of coils for us AWD Sedan guys...??
Old 01-12-2012, 12:47 PM
BosMaSwaG37

Ok so this is where I am. I need to make a decision soon so I can post pics with my Vossens. KW's are evidently the only choice for many of you on here but what is holding me back is the fact that I will never track my car so does it still make sense to get them. Another thing to consider is that I am keeping my car for the long haul. I've started research on Tein, Stance and Tanabe. So far Stance seems to be my favorite...aside from KW. I had Tein before and they started squeaking so I vowed not to go that route again...wound is still sore. What is the downfall of Stance and Tanabe as far as workmanship is concerned. Because I am in for the long-haul, I want something that makes sense for my needs but will also satisfy my needs for years to come. What's it going to be fellas?
Old 01-12-2012, 01:16 PM
TeRRoRiFiC35

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by MistAminER112
Just wondering, but is there ANYONE that makes coils for X Sedans....other than BC? This thread has got me completely second guessing what I thought was the only maker of coils for us AWD Sedan guys...??
i have said this a couple time now, and the answer is no. If you can wait till the spring, JIC Magic has informed me they are dropping their coilovers for the AWD applications. Tein also told me they would customize a pair if people wanted, but it would run anywhere from 2500-4500.
Old 01-12-2012, 01:27 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

There's about 6 endorsements of KW in this thread. I have Tanabe and I endorsed KW. You have ruled out Tein because of your previous poor experience. Stance are not known for ride quality. Is there some reason why you think that KW won't be a good choice even though they have been suggested more than any other in this thread an in the forum overall? I think if you read your own thread, and take the time to read the other opinions and experiences posted throughout the forum on the subject of coilovers, you'll be able to make a decision. It seems clear to me, but I guess you're not drawing the same conclusions I am.
Old 01-12-2012, 01:58 PM
BosMaSwaG37

There's about 6 endorsements of KW in this thread. I have Tanabe and I endorsed KW. You have ruled out Tein because of your previous poor experience. Stance are not known for ride quality. Is there some reason why you think that KW won't be a good choice even though they have been suggested more than any other in this thread an in the forum overall? I think if you read your own thread, and take the time to read the other opinions and experiences posted throughout the forum on the subject of coilovers, you'll be able to make a decision. It seems clear to me, but I guess you're not drawing the same conclusions I am.
For the most part I am not a person who second guesses himself when it comes to quality, not quite sure why I am doing it now in regards to coilovers. Thanks for the indirect "STFU and buy it," BB... KW it is!
Old 01-12-2012, 02:10 PM
huwee06

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Look into Fortune Auto, they have swift springs upgradable on their 500 series and I think their 510 comes standard; very beefy struts ftw! Only negative thing I have to say with my set is you can't really feel the clicks with dampeners. Ride quality is nice, can't really do a detailed comparison since this is only set of coils i've owned and haven't really sat in anyones elses ride to have a feel (no homo!) besides my buddy icfp1980 who has kw3 and they are very good!

Last edited by huwee06; 01-12-2012 at 02:15 PM.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:15 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Originally Posted by dannyc617
For the most part I am not a person who second guesses himself when it comes to quality, not quite sure why I am doing it now in regards to coilovers. Thanks for the indirect "STFU and buy it," BB... KW it is!
I'm glad you were a smart guy who could read between the lines.

But seriously, you know the right thing to do. I fully understand that paying $700 or so dollars more than some of the cheaper options causes many people (including me) to pause or try to rationalize with themselves to buy the cheaper product. But you would likely end up kicking yourself when you have to remove and sell the other coils at a loss and then buy the KW in the end and have to do the installation a second time. If you're as frugal as I am when it comes to modding, use my philosophy. I'd often rather buy a top notch part that's in good used condition than a POS product brand new. I.e., I'm willing ot pay more for a used set of KW than a brand new set of BC, Megan, K-sport, etc, etc.

Check classifieds periodically as there have been several sets of used ones in good condition selling lately.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:18 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Originally Posted by huwee06
Look into Fortune Auto, they have swift springs upgradable on their 500 series and I think their 510 comes standard; very beefy struts ftw! Only negative thing I have to say with my set is you can't really feel the clicks with dampeners. Ride quality is nice, can't really do a detailed comparison since this is only set of coils i've owned and haven't really sat in anyones elses ride to have a feel (no homo!) besides my buddy icfp1980 who has kw3 and they are very good!
You drove Black Betty all the way across Houston so I'm sure you can compare your ride to my Tanabes. And I'd be willing to bet that the Fortune Auto had a better ride than mine. And Ian's KW are probably better still.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:22 PM
huwee06

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
You drove Black Betty all the way across Houston so I'm sure you can compare your ride to my Tanabes. And I'd be willing to bet that the Fortune Auto had a better ride than mine. And Ian's KW are probably better still.
I didn't want to put you on blast Jeremy but if you insists; the tanabes are sorry and BlackBetty deserves better! Haha nah they were alright felt like stock and yes hard to beat the ride quality of the kw3 on ians ride.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:37 PM
MACS

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
I don't track my car. I have the KW.

Do it, and do it NOW!
Old 01-13-2012, 11:14 PM
SwissCheeseHead

Received 87 Likes on 65 Posts
Rich...
Old 01-18-2012, 06:02 PM
BlkG-37S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This might be a retarded question, but since I'm new to the G and suspension in general, I was curious to see if our cars need camber kits if one was to purchase the KW's. I'm looking to purchase these coils myself for quality, but want to know if I'll need any further parts (camber, etc..) any advice is appreciated. Don't mean to hijack.

Quick Reply: Coilover dilemma