Brakes, Suspension, Wheels & Tires
Rollers and Rubbers (View All Posts)

Eibach PK - Give me your experience

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 05:20 AM
defamed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You don't really need the camber kit. The rear camber is adjustable and will be fixed with the wheel alignment. The front camber isn't adjustable so you'll be off a bit, but not enough to cause much of a problem. I'm at -1.4 instead of -1.2 which isn't too far out of spec. My personal experience with the G37 has been that the rear tires wear out faster than the front ones, anyway.

I was actually a little disappointed with my Eibach PK. The drop is a little too uneven and you end up with a lot more gap in the rear.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:45 AM
HtownG37

Had the Eibach Pro Kit now for about 15k miles. Bought new tires 10k miles ago. There is slight uneven wear (most inner side of tire) but nothing that I'm concerned about. Tires were rated at 50k miles, I have put 10k on and probably have at least another 25k-30k.

Shocks seem fine as well. I would definitely recommend the drop. Car looks so much better than stock. And I agree with what you've heard here: Eibach/Tanabe are mild drops and really dont need a camber kit adjustment. Get it aligned and as close to spec as possible and go from there.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:06 AM
LegitMW

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts
Thank you all for answering !

I'm going to get them installed next weekend
Old 12-04-2011, 11:47 AM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 114 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by defamed
You don't really need the camber kit. The rear camber is adjustable and will be fixed with the wheel alignment. The front camber isn't adjustable so you'll be off a bit, but not enough to cause much of a problem. I'm at -1.4 instead of -1.2 which isn't too far out of spec. My personal experience with the G37 has been that the rear tires wear out faster than the front ones, anyway.

I was actually a little disappointed with my Eibach PK. The drop is a little too uneven and you end up with a lot more gap in the rear.
You will eventually need the camber kit.

If you cut the rear spring upper perch 1/2", the drop is perfect, only takes 10 minutes while the springs are off.

Search G37/370Z spring perch mod.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:53 AM
rks
Registered Member

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by defamed

I don't think the rears are adjustable. My rear are basically tucked and the fronts have a slight gap.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:10 PM
MPdesign

Noob here.
I am also interested in lowering with Eibach PK BUT. Big Butt.
I am not interested, not even a little bit, if:
1) the wheel camber is off. The tire must be straight and flat
2) the wheel will rub under any circumstance from bumps
3) the wheel will rub under any circumstance from turns
4) the tires cannot have reduced wear
5) other parts cannot wear out too quickly as well.
6) I have a non-Sport GS. Ride quality cannot be much worse.

Is this possible?
If so, what needs to be done to make sure it is right?

The day job is mechanical engineer. It is contrary to my nature to run a tire out of camber.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:51 AM
sdaigle240

Just throwing out a suggestion to peoPle concerned with camber wear. Get your tires flipped left to right half way through their life. It's cheap and effective. As for the fronts, don't sweat it, Toe kills fronts not camber.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:06 AM
LegitMW

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts
Camber does affect your tire wear too.

Check this out:
https://www.myg37.com/forums/brakes-...l-verdict.html
Old 12-28-2011, 04:59 PM
kanji0513

Originally Posted by MPdesign
Noob here.
I am also interested in lowering with Eibach PK BUT. Big Butt.
I am not interested, not even a little bit, if:
1) the wheel camber is off. The tire must be straight and flat
2) the wheel will rub under any circumstance from bumps
3) the wheel will rub under any circumstance from turns
4) the tires cannot have reduced wear
5) other parts cannot wear out too quickly as well.
6) I have a non-Sport GS. Ride quality cannot be much worse.

Is this possible?
If so, what needs to be done to make sure it is right?

The day job is mechanical engineer. It is contrary to my nature to run a tire out of camber.
If that's the case, don't do it.

BTW, I've been running the Eibach for about 2 years 22k miles, no shock problems, there WILL BE negative cambers like all other lowering methos without camber caster kit but the tire wear seems not big difference to me.
Old 12-28-2011, 06:58 PM
g37s jon

I've been on the Pro-kit's for a little more than 2+ years, pretty much when they became available for the 08 Coupe (sport model) and installed around 8k Mi. I had the car aligned by a pro shop and could only align the toe the best they could. Ride height was perfect for me and the ride quality felt a little more stiff than stock but was more controllable and not bouncing all over the road, steering wise though didn't feel as "natural" or "normal" compared to stock and comparing my previous cars with alignment kits before and after.

Around 30k Mi I had to change my OEM front tires because of inner wear, and rear tires were balding. I then purchased the SPC front and rear alignment kit due to the tires wearing out quicker than expected and didn't wanna fork out another $1600 for OEM tires. They pro alignment shop did a perfect job getting it all within specs. Still at 30k Mi with camber, toe, caster now within specs the car steering is much better.

I'm now at 55k Mi my tires still look good with even wear AND looks like the rear got about 1/4" lower and front 1/2" lower. The ride quality is changing as the ride feels more soft, I'd say maybe 30% softer. I guarantee the shocks are wearing out and I'll probably be in need of new aftermarket shocks, hopefully KONI will produce their Yellow shocks, or KW's Coilovers.

Long story short the Pro-kits are good for daily driving, smaller wheel/fender gap for sportier look with responsive/stiffer handling. Go with the Alignment kit if you want to keep your tires longer and less stress on suspension components. Even though it's a small drop you might be able to get the toe within spec but no where near the "nominal" settings for OEM and goes for camber and front casters.
Old 12-28-2011, 07:14 PM
g37s jon

Originally Posted by LegitMW
I'm thinking about purchasing myself a set of Eibachs for a small drop that's good enough to just cover the wheel gap at a low price. But I need some more assurance before I pull the plug. I searched and noticed the answers are about 50/50 on whether camber kits are needed. And that the stock shocks last anywhere from 20,000 - 50,000 miles. Does anyone have a firm idea about this. Cause if I need to buy camber kits, replace tires every 10,000 miles, and have to replace shocks along with installations then that is way out of my price range.
If anything get the Eibach Pro-kits and do an alignment. Hopefully they can get the TOE as close as they can to specs, that should save you some time/mileage and tires. If they recommend an alignment kit get one when you can afford but don't forget stock shocks will start to wear out. So plan ahead if wanting to stay dropped. If so next step is coilovers or aftermarket shocks with your prokits, when they do start producing some for our car.

Spent around $1000 on Eibach Pro-Kits, SPC front and rear alignment kit, 2 alignments and Shipping (which is $$$ to Hawaii). Installation was done by myself and 2 others, Alignment at a Pro shop. If I had 2 grand more I would have done it right and went straight for the KW Coilovers with front and rear alignment kit.