Brakes, Suspension, Wheels & Tires
Rollers and Rubbers (View All Posts)

SSR-SP3s in Super Black on Black Obsidian G37

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 07:57 PM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by VossenG37S
W your 275s^^*^ it's gonna be perfect w 10mm spacers all around !
That's what I keep telling him

Rudy_ Keep up the good work
Old 12-08-2011, 08:03 PM
VossenG37S

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
He's on Toyos ! When we set up the IPL w CV3s on a +30 w 275/30/20 Falkens there was still a gap to push them out! Look at the GS IPL on Vossen Web it's basically what Lances could look like if he gets his Azz off the couch and stops watching te price is right !

Lance buddy your 10mms away from perfecting your stance .....
Old 12-08-2011, 08:11 PM
soolman32

^^^ Trust me he will. He's no doubt gonna wait until he sees how my set up works out before he takes the plunge though.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:16 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Received 210 Likes on 155 Posts
Originally Posted by GraphiteG37S
I saw RDDLINE's car Sunday and his camber does not look bad at all... I'm amazed he hasn't aligned yet cause his camber looks better than mine.

Next time I replace my tires I'm going with the exact sizes/brand he has (Hankook 245.35 & 275.30)

My offsets were similar to his before Sunday when I added a bigger spacer, and I wasn't rubbing. Now I rub a little in the fronts on hard dips, but I just need to do a little trimming of my wheel well plastic and I should be fine.

My front specs were:
9.5 +25 w/ 255.35 Falken FK452 w/ -2.5 camber (no rub)

Now my front specs are:
9.5 +20 w/ 255.35 Falken FK452 w/ -2.5 camber (little rub on hard dips, need to shave some plastic wheel well liner)
10.5 +32 w/ 285.30 Falken FK452 w/ -1.8 camber (little rub on bumper bracket on steep driveways, need to trim a little)

I'm running a rear camber kit, no front camber kit. Front tires have lasted 17,000 miles so far. I flipped them once and they still have a lot of meat on the insides.

Lance, you should be fine. I'm sure once I switch to 245.35/275.30 Hankook V12's I will not rub anymore. Keep in mind RDDLINE also chopped off his bumper tabs in the rear and used a rivet to hold the bumper in place. I've been thinking about doing that for a while as well, just haven't got around to it.
I think I will too. Just remember that Falkens and completely differently shaped them Hankooks. Where exactly were you rubbing in the fronts on your liner? On the way outside? and never your actual fender right?
Old 12-08-2011, 08:18 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Originally Posted by VossenG37S
He's on Toyos ! When we set up the IPL w CV3s on a +30 w 275/30/20 Falkens there was still a gap to push them out! Look at the GS IPL on Vossen Web it's basically what Lances could look like if he gets his Azz off the couch and stops watching te price is right !

Lance buddy your 10mms away from perfecting your stance .....

ITS WHEEL OF FORTUNE..get it right!!!!!! LMFAO!!!!!!!
Old 12-08-2011, 08:20 PM
VossenG37S

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
I bet u watch both, seriously though go do what I say
Old 12-08-2011, 09:17 PM
GraphiteG37S

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by 1cleanG
I think I will too. Just remember that Falkens and completely differently shaped them Hankooks. Where exactly were you rubbing in the fronts on your liner? On the way outside? and never your actual fender right?
Yea I know they are different tires, but keep in mind I'm also running wider sized Falkens than the Hankooks, but yes I know their shape is different because I've owned both sets of tires before.

If you look under you front fender at the plastic liner you will notice a square shaped notch that sticks out further than the rest of the fender liner. I will be cutting that notch off and I don't think I'll have any more rub after that.
Old 12-08-2011, 10:00 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Yea I know they are different tires, but keep in mind I'm also running wider sized Falkens than the Hankooks, but yes I know their shape is different because I've owned both sets of tires before.

If you look under you front fender at the plastic liner you will notice a square shaped notch that sticks out further than the rest of the fender liner. I will be cutting that notch off and I don't think I'll have any more rub after that.
Yep, I've felt and looked up in the liner when i was installing my SPC arms. This is the one notch I'm worried about at all in the front to rub. Do you only hit on large bumps?? Thanks for all the info!!
Old 12-08-2011, 10:11 PM
GraphiteG37S

Originally Posted by 1cleanG
Yep, I've felt and looked up in the liner when i was installing my SPC arms. This is the one notch I'm worried about at all in the front to rub. Do you only hit on large bumps?? Thanks for all the info!!
I drive very carefully, but if you live in SoCal, it sucks driving around in the valley. I hit a fat dip yesterday pretty hard, and I heard the front wheels hit the fender liner, and I'm sure it was on that square notch. It's just plastic and will probably wear itself down eventually, but I'm just going to cut it off. It will put a small hole in the top of the fender liner, but I don't care about that.
Old 12-08-2011, 10:25 PM
soolman32

I drive very carefully, but if you live in SoCal, it sucks driving around in the valley. I hit a fat dip yesterday pretty hard, and I heard the front wheels hit the fender liner, and I'm sure it was on that square notch. It's just plastic and will probably wear itself down eventually, but I'm just going to cut it off. It will put a small hole in the top of the fender liner, but I don't care about that.
Very informative stuff right here
Old 12-08-2011, 10:59 PM
DRQKNHT
SoCal Driven

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My offsets were similar to his before Sunday when I added a bigger spacer, and I wasn't rubbing. Now I rub a little in the fronts on hard dips, but I just need to do a little trimming of my wheel well plastic and I should be fine.
Did you end up putting the spacers back on? I thought you took them off cause they didnt fit?
Old 12-08-2011, 11:07 PM
DRQKNHT
SoCal Driven

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by soolman32
That's what I keep telling him

Rudy_ Keep up the good work
Thanks homie!!

Lets chop that plastic tab AND the rear bolt, then we dont have to worry about anything. Except looking good. lol

And i second that. Driving in SoCal you have to be verrrry careful. But somehow we pull it off without messing up the rides too much. I hear FL roads are nice n smooth though...super jealous.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:10 PM
soolman32

Originally Posted by RDDLINE
Thanks homie!!

Lets chop that plastic tab AND the rear bolt, then we dont have to worry about anything. Except looking good. lol

And i second that. Driving in SoCal you have to be verrrry careful. But somehow we pull it off without messing up the rides too much. I hear FL roads are nice n smooth though...super jealous.
That s what I've been hearing for a while. I get to experience them first hand next May
Old 12-08-2011, 11:13 PM
GraphiteG37S

Originally Posted by RDDLINE
Did you end up putting the spacers back on? I thought you took them off cause they didnt fit?
Yea man I left them on... they didn't work in the rear, but fronts worked fine!
Old 12-09-2011, 04:43 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Yeah, reading this thread guys I think I've made up my mind....going to go with a 5mm all the way around. I think a 9.5 +27 and 10.5 +32 will be perfect, especially for where we're located.
Trust me....YOU CALI GUYS have NOTHING to complain about. The midwest roads from the winter freezes and the spring thaws, the roads are prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrretty freakin' bad. Right away in spring, you'll literally see holes in the roads 1ftx1ft and about 6" deep, and alllll the roads are cracked from the ground shifting. Its freakin' ridiculous, and you constainly have to be aware of where you're driving on the road. Not to mention the random bugs and deer that run across the roads....UGH!

Quick Reply: SSR-SP3s in Super Black on Black Obsidian G37