Brakes, Suspension, Wheels & Tires
Rollers and Rubbers (View All Posts)

Eibach Springs: Camber kit a necessity?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 09:10 PM
chasemyaccord

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ANMVQ
No you will need a kit, I just installed my rims and tires last week and went back for alingment. WAY out!! I'm looking for a kit -Front and rears now. Oh Drop is Eibachs, 19 inch wheels.
Hmm...I'm still debating what I should do. It seems like the slight majority of people on here say that you don't need a camber kit with Eibachs. But based on my tread wear, either they are completely wrong, the dude who did my alignment didn't do it right (Darin @ West End, who is well known for his work so I'm doubting that...although he doesn't use a machine), or my alignment was somehow thrown off since I last did it (December 2009...which is also doubtful).

I got a quote for the Ichiba camber kit and I'm debating what I should do.

Also, I'm thinking about dismounting my tires from the front wheels and swapping them (facing same direction, but wear would be on opposite side of the wheel...basically old left inside would end up being new right outside and visa versa). Is this a bad idea? I have the Ventus V12's (which are not directional AFAIK).
Old 09-23-2011, 01:59 PM
QuickSilver08

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My ventus v12's are directional.

Get the camber kit and do it right the first time. I easily had another 10k miles left in my factory tires and had I done a camber kit the first time I could have saved up some more money before buying new tires.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:23 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
Originally Posted by chasemyaccord
Hmm...I'm still debating what I should do. It seems like the slight majority of people on here say that you don't need a camber kit with Eibachs. But based on my tread wear, either they are completely wrong, the dude who did my alignment didn't do it right (Darin @ West End, who is well known for his work so I'm doubting that...although he doesn't use a machine), or my alignment was somehow thrown off since I last did it (December 2009...which is also doubtful).

I got a quote for the Ichiba camber kit and I'm debating what I should do.

Also, I'm thinking about dismounting my tires from the front wheels and swapping them (facing same direction, but wear would be on opposite side of the wheel...basically old left inside would end up being new right outside and visa versa). Is this a bad idea? I have the Ventus V12's (which are not directional AFAIK).

Like stated above, Get the camber kit and do it right the first time Just got mine,Front, rear and rear camber bolts for under$500 shipped. Eibach kit too.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:22 AM
Midian

Hopefully i dont need to get cambered. I ride on 20's i have over 5000 miles and they are still wearing out evenly unless that changes drastically like in the 10000 mark. Everyone is saying put the camber kit... i guess do it. We should make a thread with people that actually have uneven wear on their tires and if they have camber kit or not. might be helpful. unless its been done already
Old 11-08-2011, 01:28 PM
amv50

Originally Posted by G37sEugene
Guys,

Did the search button and cant really come up with anything solid. If i do the Eibach pro kit springs on my 2008 g37s coupe, do i need to get camber kit on rears or fronts or both?

I would like to know the advantages or disadvantages of running springs with or without the camber kits.

Eugene
I have the eibach pro kit for about a year so far and I just had to replace the rear tires after about 15k miles. I ordered a eibach pro alignment kit from stillen which they assure it would fit.... Guess what? The convertible has the shock mounted to the arm that is replaced and the new arm has no where to mount the shock. So for anyone out there with a convertible DONT order the eibach/SPC pro alignment kit part # 5.72260K. Anyone that knows of a kit that fits the convertible please let me know...
Old 11-18-2011, 09:10 AM
Bryanrsx

I am about to order the eibach (or maybe tien S they seem about the same). Can anyone definitively say if they got their car aligned via a machine successfully without camber kit? I understand doing it properly but its an alignment, camber kit is there to give extra room to adjust if required to get it aligned. I don't want to needlessly purchase if its not required to bring into alignment.
Old 11-18-2011, 10:51 AM
rpm&my_G35
Registered Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
2008 G35S 6MT on 20's
Eibach ProKit - no front or rear camber kit.
A good shop can get it within (or very close) spec.

Last edited by rpm&my_G35; 01-27-2012 at 09:42 AM.
Old 11-19-2011, 02:54 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by G37sEugene
Guys,

Did the search button and cant really come up with anything solid. If i do the Eibach pro kit springs on my 2008 g37s coupe, do i need to get camber kit on rears or fronts or both?

I would like to know the advantages or disadvantages of running springs with or without the camber kits.

Eugene

Here is the advantage:
Post # 24

https://www.myg37.com/forums/brakes-...ignment-2.html
Old 11-19-2011, 02:56 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Originally Posted by rpm&my_G35
2008 G35S 6MT on 20's
Eibach ProKit - no front or rear camber kit.
A good shop can get it within (or very close) spec.
Thats not close.
This is with arms installed:

Name:  align.jpg
Views: 596
Size:  105.5 KB
Old 11-20-2011, 11:52 AM
rpm&my_G35
Registered Member

Originally Posted by TVPostSound
Thats not close.
How are his not close. The camber spec limits are Fr-1.2 & Rr- 1.8. My friend is at Fr -1.5&-1.7 and Rr -1.9&2.3. That seems pretty close too me. Toe and castor adjustments look to be within spec and as good as yours.
After 2 years, he has no unusual tire wear and the money saved (not spent on kits) will pay for a new set of tires...when he needs them.
Old 11-21-2011, 12:16 AM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Originally Posted by rpm&my_G35
How are his not close. The camber spec limits are Fr-1.2 & Rr- 1.8. My friend is at Fr -1.5&-1.7 and Rr -1.9&2.3. That seems pretty close too me. Toe and castor adjustments look to be within spec and as good as yours.
After 2 years, he has no unusual tire wear and the money saved (not spent on kits) will pay for a new set of tires...when he needs them.
Close means within the limits, not outside.
Old 11-21-2011, 01:35 AM
Doggy

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
-2.3 camber isn't in factory specs... This eibach camber kit debate will never end! If you want to be in "factory specs" yes you need them. And the comment about the eibachs being the same as the tein s techs. The teins drop you low. That's what I'm on. My camber is at -2.5 front and -3.8 and -4 rear. I got an alignment and my toe is good. The camber can't be adjusted without any kits. Btw even with good toe my tires wear fast. So if people tell you camber doesn't wear tires, their wrong!
Old 11-21-2011, 08:54 AM
rpm&my_G35
Registered Member

Originally Posted by TVPostSound
Close means within the limits, not outside.
Not in the context I used the word.
Look up the definition of the word close (adj).
I originally said a good shop can get it within or very close to spec which is very different than completely within factory spec. Some of my friends alignment specs are within and some are just outside, ie close.
You don't need to buy a camber kit but sure, it's recommended.
Old 04-15-2015, 09:39 AM
marcelo19lp
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WOW its 2015! I have just worn out my tires in the inner front real bad! The actual reading was front LT camber -1.6 and toe -.36 and right front camber -1.9 and toe .02

Wheel alignment told me that the toe was killing the tires? Is this BS or a fact?

Post is now front camber -1.7 and toe is .04 and front right camber is -1.8 and toe is .03.

Both tires were bad! So if the toe was good in the first place in the right front, sounds like BS to me.

I now have the 225/45/19 from General G Max AS3 with 20mm H & R spacers. He said I'm good now, because the toe fix it? These tires have a 40K mile guarantee, what are the chances of getting 40K out of it. Do I need the front camber kit and will it hit my fender with my eibach pro kit and 20mm spacers with a camber kit?

Thanks!!!
Old 04-15-2015, 10:31 AM
marcelo19lp
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bump^ ^ help!

Quick Reply: Eibach Springs: Camber kit a necessity?