Old 06-25-2011, 04:37 PM
Steveo47

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
About the pull the trigger...

Ksport 8 pot front, 4 pot back

front

back

price: ~3300 shipped to canada

3300 sounds like a lot, but lets put it in perspective. Akebono kit from CZP is 1400 (w/o stoptech stuff) + 500 for 2pc rotors, + 110 for SS lines + 1, + 350 to PC + ~ 150 to ship to canada (not all in, this would be with ups)

So that makes the kit come out to ~2510

So for 800 dollars more i get: 2pc rotors in the back as well, twice the caliper size. I know "bigger caliper isnt always better" but you guys ge the comparison. They also come in yellow, red, black or orange (at no extra cost)

Now, i know its overkill and the akebono kit is good enough, BUT damn do they look good. And for a bbk that size that is a very good price. Ive done lots of research on these. Developed with AP racing, can use parts from AP, wilwood.

So let leave out the akebono kit and just talked about these guys. Kit includes all hardware, 2piece rotors, calipers, ss brake lines and street pads. can use pads from most other bbk as well.

Ive done lots of reading, and i think ive seen every singe ksport review i could find. What i seem to see those most is that the people that have bought them really like them. People who havent bought them say they are cheap and to buy stoptech, brembo ect because they are "proven" brands, i feel that more of a brand whoring argument.

I dont think the kit is bad quality by any means as per the reviews ive read. I just was interested in the forums opinions. Try not to say they are crap just because of the price. lets try and be objective here!

I would get anonized black, or yellow by the way! and no doggy, rims are coming later!

those pics arent kit specific, just a general idea. I would get the 13" rotors for the front and the back. The front calipers are similar size the the 6pot ap racing caliper, so ill need 15mm spacers in the front (have 18" stocks). with this kit you CAN use the stock ebrake (models without the drum ebrake cannot)

Last edited by Steveo47; 06-26-2011 at 02:12 PM.
Old 06-25-2011, 05:40 PM
buffpatel
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry if this is obvious, but are you getting the calipers in the same color or are you going to do orange front and red in back?
Old 06-25-2011, 05:44 PM
Steveo47

I said in there I'm getting them both in anonized black!
Old 06-26-2011, 02:09 PM
Steveo47

bump, i want some input!
Old 06-26-2011, 06:28 PM
WPPJR30

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Steveo47
bump, i want some input!
I'm not trying to be a smart@ss, Steve, but what exactly are you looking for? Someone to tell you that they like this kit? This is the fourth thread you have created mentioning this KSport big brake kit in less than a week and, from the responses in those threads, no one seems to think it's a good idea.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/brakes-...nt-2-back.html

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-cou...8-pot-bbk.html

https://www.myg37.com/forums/body-in...oem-wheel.html

Since you're looking for input... Here is my $.02. I don't have any personal experience with KSport so I cannot say whether they are crap or not, but I can say that brakes, wheels, and tires are three parts of a car on which I wouldn't skimp to save a few dollars...

Again, I'm not trying to stir the pot with this post. If you've done a lot of research, as you suggest, and you like what you're reading about these brakes, then go for it. You've probably done more reading up on these brakes than anyone else here, so don't worry about the negative comments. In the end, your opinion is the only one that matters. It's your car.

Regardless, good luck with the decision.
Old 06-26-2011, 06:49 PM
Weiboy718

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Bill!!! you gonna like this!

hahahaha.
Old 06-26-2011, 06:57 PM
WPPJR30

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Weiboy718
Bill!!! you gonna like this!

hahahaha.
... Wei instigating.

I mean no harm. I'm just saying he's done some research on this kit - I would bet more than anyone else around these parts.

Are you saying I should just shut up?
Old 06-26-2011, 07:13 PM
Weiboy718

Originally Posted by WPPJR30
... Wei instigating.

I mean no harm. I'm just saying he's done some research on this kit - I would bet more than anyone else around these parts.

Are you saying I should just shut up?
of course not! you're doing the right thing here.

Steve! i would choose a brake kit that had been tested and track proven. i was just like you when i were selecting bbk, it was between AP Racing and Alliance aka Phatboi Brakes.(not talking smack or hating btw so for those with Alliance BBK don't take this the wrong way) although the AP only comes in 6/4 piston setup and looks kinda small but has lot's and lot's of racing heritage and track records. i figured i couldn't go wrong with these and i made the right decision.

Bill made the right point man! for the price you're paying you can get the AP Racing or Stoptech's, also you should talk to Lou@Amp, sometimes he can get you deals like $4500 whole package. F+R BBK kit! don't think $4500.00 for a brake kit is a lot. i've seen people forking out $6500.00 just for the fronts lol.

good luck with your decisions!
Old 06-26-2011, 07:53 PM
Steveo47

Nope your not being a smart ***. I just wanted to make a dedicated thread as I was asking about different things in the others. Thanks for the input guys. So many decisions!
Old 06-26-2011, 08:00 PM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
ya weiboy and smart definatly don't go hand in hand
Old 06-26-2011, 08:16 PM
Weiboy718

Shumby! Have you taken your dum dum pill today? IT sounds like you need to now!
Old 06-26-2011, 08:59 PM
Doggy

Ya I'd listen to wie, he's had almost every setup out there lol I wouldn't get the k sports
Old 06-26-2011, 10:18 PM
Z gave way to G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I apologize if you have answered this already, but what are your intentions and/or purpose for buying a big brake kit? I'm assuming you have a non-sport without the stock Akebonos.
Are these intended for "show" or function? The only reason, functuality speaking, would be to track your car, I would imagine, but I also understand that brakes are only one piece of the pie in a track car. If tracking is your intention than I recommend finding out what else you need to go along with your brake upgrade (ie: tires, driving lessons) and figure out how much you want to spend and how.
If they are for "show", then you may want to re-evaluate dumping $3300 on a brake kit that you don't know much about. Just my $.02
Old 06-26-2011, 10:25 PM
Djfarhan
Registered Member

Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts
post installed pics!
Old 06-27-2011, 12:13 AM
Steveo47

thanks for the input guys! im gonna give the ksport guy i talked to friday and ask him a few questions. Ill ask him about replacement parts, rebuilding the kit ect ect. As well as warranty and the like. I find these brakes an attractive option. They arent 100% for funtionality, i would say 60% function 40% form. I will likely never push them to their absolute limit. Ill keep doing research and post as i learn more. As of now i find them a very attractive option in looks and in function (as far as i have researched). I know in the end the only way i will really know is if i make the purchase. I have read people with BC racing is junk, but ive had them for ~8k km with no issues, rattles, rusting, chipping, clunking or harsh ride (i even drove them in -40C weather with no issue).

So i suppose everything is subjective. I may just have to be the guinea pig this time!

Quick Reply: About the pull the trigger...