Brakes, Suspension, Wheels & Tires
Rollers and Rubbers (View All Posts)

About the pull the trigger...

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 07:16 PM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Steveo47
ah crap, you got me second guessing again!
He's not doing anything the stock system can't do.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:51 PM
Weiboy718

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Steve!!! does this looks familiar?

PB Brakes
Old 06-29-2011, 12:43 AM
Steveo47

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
^^ ya im actually talking to dan (the guy who owns the company). Good prices but im not a big fan of the name... He can send the calipers blank if i wish. Stems lives in the same city as me and has the kit, im gonna meet up with him and take a look at it
Old 06-30-2011, 08:03 PM
UAMOTORSPORTS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am not sure of the brand of pads Alliances ships with the brakes but we ended going with a race compound in the front and a street compound in the rear. Running Race front and rear caused the brakes in the rear to lock up prematurely in die hard braking i.e. 100+mph to 0mph stops ended up engaging the ice mode on the Z.

with the Race front and the street rear we took the car to little tally which is notorious in the Southeast for killing your brakes!!! I usually get up to 120+ in three places and then back down to sub 70mph for the turns. the track is also a short 1.3 mile track with very little time for your brakes to cool and honestly it probably wears down the right front the most... I am a notorious late brake practitioner from my motorcycle racing days and it has been a fun experience trasnfering some of the concepts over to cars... we approach turns completely different and I have learned alot over the past 5~6 years. With stock power we were able to pull out a 1:04 in the 370z... we have a lot more power now and I am curious if we can get into a sub 1 min lap... maybe with some R comps hehehe
Old 06-30-2011, 08:45 PM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by UAMOTORSPORTS
I am not sure of the brand of pads Alliances ships with the brakes but we ended going with a race compound in the front and a street compound in the rear. Running Race front and rear caused the brakes in the rear to lock up prematurely in die hard braking i.e. 100+mph to 0mph stops ended up engaging the ice mode on the Z.

with the Race front and the street rear we took the car to little tally which is notorious in the Southeast for killing your brakes!!! I usually get up to 120+ in three places and then back down to sub 70mph for the turns. the track is also a short 1.3 mile track with very little time for your brakes to cool and honestly it probably wears down the right front the most... I am a notorious late brake practitioner from my motorcycle racing days and it has been a fun experience trasnfering some of the concepts over to cars... we approach turns completely different and I have learned alot over the past 5~6 years. With stock power we were able to pull out a 1:04 in the 370z... we have a lot more power now and I am curious if we can get into a sub 1 min lap... maybe with some R comps hehehe
So in other words, you had to compensate for mismatched brake bias by substituting an inferior pad in the rear, which will prematurely overheat anyways... wouldn't it be better for you guys to use a caliper with a smaller piston surface area in the rear? Or install an aftermarket brake bias adjuster?

What kind of race pads are you guys using?