Rollers and Rubbers (View All Posts)

Low Tire Pressure? Wont go away!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 09:13 PM
mystakin
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Low Tire Pressure? Wont go away!

the yellow light came on my dash the other day and i was freaking out. looked in the owner's manual and saw it was just a low tire pressure warning. ok, no big deal. went home, and checked all tires. (running stock tires right now). each tire measured at 35, while the rear right tire was 30. the recommended pressure labeled on the inside of the driver side door jam says to be at 33. Filled the right rear tire to 34, but still, the light didnt turn off. drove around the block a few times, but still no luck. frustrated, i just parked and called it a day. next morning on my way to school the light suddenly went away. i figured it needed time to remeasure the pressure or something and didnt really think much of it. earlier today, the light came back again! wtf! this is only a week after filling up the one tire! all tires read about 34-35 so idk what to do! take it to the dealership maybe? or am i missing something obvious?
Old 03-22-2011, 09:19 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
I think the cold weather effects it, i might be wrong but thats what ive been told. other than that I dunno mine came on once and we filled it a litttle higher than usually becuz of the chilly weather
Old 03-22-2011, 09:43 PM
RedG37SNC

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mystakin
the yellow light came on my dash the other day and i was freaking out. looked in the owner's manual and saw it was just a low tire pressure warning. ok, no big deal. went home, and checked all tires. (running stock tires right now). each tire measured at 35, while the rear right tire was 30. the recommended pressure labeled on the inside of the driver side door jam says to be at 33. Filled the right rear tire to 34, but still, the light didnt turn off. drove around the block a few times, but still no luck. frustrated, i just parked and called it a day. next morning on my way to school the light suddenly went away. i figured it needed time to remeasure the pressure or something and didnt really think much of it. earlier today, the light came back again! wtf! this is only a week after filling up the one tire! all tires read about 34-35 so idk what to do! take it to the dealership maybe? or am i missing something obvious?
Dealer can use consult III to troubleshoot, could be bad TPMS transmitter/reciever, connection, ground, power supply. 18" wheels are 33psi, 19" are 35psi btw.
Old 03-23-2011, 05:33 AM
guamspyder

usually its cold weather effects...but me im in guam hot n humid weather and i had the same prob...but now after me and my friend (infiniti ase certified mechanic) diagnosed it the problem was a faulty senson so i had the warranty replace it and now it never came on im running stock 19"s
Old 03-23-2011, 06:45 AM
mystakin
Registered Member

i might take it in to get checked. never had the problem in the freezing cold during the winter, only came up last week when weather was in the low 50's, high 40's.. (Fahrenheit)