Rollers and Rubbers (View All Posts)

Help Wheel/Tire past my fender???

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 06:40 PM
JohnnysG
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by LizardBreath
it wouldnt be the wrong offsets those are the right offsets for volk wheels. Bring it to a shop is your solution istead of doing anything else. Regardless of what anyone says i would think it has to do with the brakes/rotors not prop installed. which could lead to the wheel poking out like that. I read through this whole post and the main thing that has changed to the car were the brakes.......therefore regardless what anyones says I would double check those to make sure they were installed properly and that the different brakes dont effect anything.
I thought about it, and it's definitely not the brakes/rotors I DON'T think because when I had the non-sport brakes/rotors the wheels still poked out and rubbed, I remember. I just got these brakes in January and I purchased the wheels from beerme in November and I rolled with them since December and they rubbed constantly.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:45 PM
LizardBreath

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kidcane
LOL at all the bad advice in this thread. And who said lowering wont help? You win the award.
really are your serious??? eibach springs will solve the problem?? um no... that wont help. you neeed to slam it to get alot of neg camber!

Last edited by LizardBreath; 02-28-2011 at 06:51 PM.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:48 PM
LizardBreath

Originally Posted by JohnnysG
I thought about it, and it's definitely not the brakes/rotors I DON'T think because when I had the non-sport brakes/rotors the wheels still poked out and rubbed, I remember. I just got these brakes in January and I purchased the wheels from beerme in November and I rolled with them since December and they rubbed constantly.
just bring it in man, its your best choice.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:07 PM
jran76

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I measured the wheel width and it's 10.5, I measured the offset and got around 32mm.. I did 6.75-5.5 = 1.25 and times that by 25.4 and I got 32mm.. so I mean it's not exact, but you also said it won't be exact
That probably means it is the rear is a +37. It is pretty easy to be off by 3-4mm when measuring like that. I am still pretty confident that the drop will take care of most of the issues on the rear. I would take the car, springs, and camber kit to a competent mechanic, and I am sure they can get you squared away.

Have you had aftermarket wheels like this before? I am not knocking you by any means, but I notice a lot of people freak out when they install wheels with semi-aggressive offsets on a stock (non-lowered) car. Again, your rear wheels should stick out over an inch further than your stock wheels to put things in perspective. The wheels will tuck in quite a bit once you drop the car. You'll be surprised how much negative camber you get when you lower your car. If they are not far enough in, you can easily adjust it with a camber kit.

Honestly, I am more perplexed by your front wheels. I just can't figure out how you have a +35, and they don't clear the brakes. I am pretty stumped by this.....
Old 02-28-2011, 07:16 PM
JohnnysG
Registered Member

Originally Posted by jran76
That probably means it is the rear is a +37. It is pretty easy to be off by 3-4mm when measuring like that. I am still pretty confident that the drop will take care of most of the issues on the rear. I would take the car, springs, and camber kit to a competent mechanic, and I am sure they can get you squared away.

Have you had aftermarket wheels like this before? I am not knocking you by any means, but I notice a lot of people freak out when they install wheels with semi-aggressive offsets on a stock (non-lowered) car. Again, your rear wheels should stick out over an inch further than your stock wheels to put things in perspective. The wheels will tuck in quite a bit once you drop the car. You'll be surprised how much negative camber you get when you lower your car. If they are not far enough in, you can easily adjust it with a camber kit.

Honestly, I am more perplexed by your front wheels. I just can't figure out how you have a +35, and they don't clear the brakes. I am pretty stumped by this.....

Thanks for the help jran, I appreciate it. I'm contacting all sorts of people to try and help me out with this problem because it's really frustrating.

As for the fronts not clearing, I know I haven't heard of anything like it. Even with 15mm spacers, it only clears with like less than 1mm clearance. I can barely stick the point of my pointer finger in there.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:20 PM
jran76

Originally Posted by Kidcane
LOL at all the bad advice in this thread. And who said lowering wont help? You win the award.
Originally Posted by LizardBreath
really are your serious??? eibach springs will solve the problem?? um no... that wont help. you neeed to slam it to get alot of neg camber!

There is some really bad advice in this thread, and it started with a vendor recommending to roll the rear fender. I will just leave it at that for now. Eibach's and a camber kit should take care of the issue unless we are still way off on the sizes.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:23 PM
JohnnysG
Registered Member

There is some really bad advice in this thread, and it started with a vendor recommending to roll the rear fender. I will just leave it at that for now. Eibach's and a camber kit should take care of the issue unless we are still way off on the sizes.
So i definitely need a camber kit? I was told I wouldn't need to on eibach's.. but I need to now because of the way the car sits?
Old 02-28-2011, 07:24 PM
JohnnysG
Registered Member

Instead of eibach's, do you think s-techs would be a better solution? or I would still need a camber kit?
Old 02-28-2011, 07:34 PM
Loi

Please do not try "more drop, more camber" as a fix solution, unless that's what you initially wanted.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:44 PM
STOOF

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
WOw there really is some BAD info in this thread.

First off, the brakes are NOT the issue, you cant change the rear rotor to something else, its correct, the bigger hub on the rear is because it has a drum for your ebrake.

It looks to me like youre rubbing because of that fat *** tire.

To begin, have you found out exactly what youre rubbing on? Did you trim the liner and bumper bracket? Id start there, i bet if you didnt itll eliminate whatever is rubbing.

If you drop it, even on eibachs, itll camber enough to make it sit flush. What ppl in this thread dont realize is dropped or not the wheel cambers in the same when you hit bumps and your suspension compresses. Therefore it doesnt matter if youre dropped or not.

Adding more negative camber can only help with any rubbing, IF its not from your liner or bracket, thats why someone suggested a camber kit, to give you more neg camber rather than correct it.

Old 02-28-2011, 07:45 PM
breftayka

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
..So what's your advice...?

Anyways, lifted my car... attempted to unscrew the lugs with no success, so I'm going to wait for my dad to unscrew them I guess..
Honestly I do not want to embarrass you or make myself sound like an ***, but if you struggled to get the wheel off, you should really get it checked out at a shop. Please don't take it the wrong way, but I just want you to have your issue resolved. As it has been said before, there is no reason why you should be having this problem with the offsets of these wheels. Dropping it and putting on a camber kit may fix it, but it could also just be papering over the cracks. As Stoof said, that rear tire is fat! I have a 285/30/r20 on the rears and I barely rub when going over bumps. My offset is +45 (+15mm spacer) on a 10.5" and the tire is tucked barely on Eibachs. Unfortunately I didn't have the spacers on before the drop to compare.

Last edited by breftayka; 02-28-2011 at 07:50 PM.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:10 PM
beerme986

since I sold you the wheels and you refuse to listen to things I told you at the point of purchase, I will post it here so you dont forget. I was dropped on eibach with these wheels and they cleared fine. your wheels stick out since your on stock suspension and of course your going to rub. eibach kit and alignment will make them sit flush. I have no idea whats going on with your front brakes, as they cleared mine fine. you had a problem months after purchase and when you put someone else's brakes on.

the wheels were refinished to make them look brand new so there wont be stickers on the back of the wheel; I bought them from riverside Infiniti and I even gave you the boxes it came with. Its a wheel, you cant hide anything about it.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:12 PM
STOOF

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
oh btw. if you bought the brakes from denishot, he got them from a coupe, so theyre coupe brakes with coupe rotors. His sedan is an 07/08 journey.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:34 PM
GraphiteG37S

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
And Stoof , yes I understand what you are saying about the wheels cambering over bumps and also when you lower the suspension.. but his offsets are pretty conservative, as I have the same ones, and I NEVER rubbed when on OEM suspension, so that's what puzzles me...

Here is a pic of my car when I first put on my Volks... I was on stock sport suspension with sport Akebonos... Maybe they did stick out a little before I dropped it, but I know for a fact they did NOT rub at all when I was on OEM suspension..

Here are the only pics I could find... they don't look like they are poking out, looks pretty flush with the fender.

I can't help but laugh everytime I see these pictures.. man that wheel gap is killer.

Last edited by GraphiteG37S; 02-28-2011 at 09:03 PM.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:03 PM
JohnnysG
Registered Member

Stoof, you know Konrad. I brought them to him and he installed the brakes and everything. He also cut the lining in the wheel well off because my tires basically ate the **** out of them... After he cut them off I STILL rubbed, and I believe it's on this metal part in the fender. The rubbing isn't AS bad as it was before, but it still does it.

As for beerme, bro.. you say everything is fine but yet these wheels don't clear the caliper. Something is wrong there and doesn't make sense, I know Konrad is really experienced and I SHOULDN'T need any spacer in the front for this type of wheel. I just wouldn't drop 3k for ***** and expect all these problems because I did do my research. BTW, for the other guy, I DO know how to take off a wheel, lolol it was torqued a lot and I didn't have a machine drill or whatever to unscrew them, sorry I'm not a juice head.

As for Loi, I do want to drop my car, that was my initial plan to begin with. Now I don't know whether to drop on eibach's or s-techs to make this situation better.

As for the wheels NOT clearing my caliper, I'm really ******* pissed off about that because I'm getting vibrations at high speeds, while confused as **** because I DID do plenty of research of bullsh1t on this site before I purchased anything for this car.

Quick Reply: Help Wheel/Tire past my fender???