Rollers and Rubbers (View All Posts)

Help Wheel/Tire past my fender???

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 12:20 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by jran76
The sedan and coupe rotors are 100% the same. If you are not lowered, a 10.5" +37 will poke out a little bit. I can't believe someone has not made that clear and you are getting the run around like this.... There is absolutely nothing wrong with your car. The rotors look different because of the way Stoptech integrates the parking brake on the rear.

There are only two ways around the issue (and this has been pointed out). You will have to lower your car, which will in turn increase the negative camber, and tuck the wheels in. Or, you can install a camber kit and tuck the wheels with an alignment change.
actually that is wrong they are not 100% the same because in 08 the sport coupe and sport sedan have different part numbers for a reason. from 2009 and up the sport coupe and the sport sedan have the same rotor part number so no they are not 100% the same
Old 02-28-2011, 01:19 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

it might not be the rotors and all you might have to do is lower it and run neg camber. BUT i would double check the rotors, I would get ur VIN number and the VIN number that the brakes came off of and call infiniti to get the part number of the rotors for both to see if they match up, if they do then it eliminates the rotor problem. if they dont i would get the rotors that fit ur car. Thats where i would start. after that lower the car but i dont think eibach is gonna make u have enough neg camber in which those wheels will tuck.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:40 PM
JohnnysG
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Sooo... wtf I shouldn't drop it now? I was going to get Eibach's but now that will make the situation worse in myk's opinion? Should I just go to Infiniti and ask whatsup or something cause I feel like this is bullsh1t. Beerme186 or whatever sold me the wheels and IDK wtf is going on I try to contact him but this is getting to be bull**** and I'm getting pissed off. I don't think these offsets are correct...
Old 02-28-2011, 01:51 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

yeah man, I feel for ya. That might be it, that the offsets are wrong.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:53 PM
JohnnysG
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Pcasey
yeah man, I feel for ya. That might be it, that the offsets are wrong.
yeah he gave me boxes and everything though that say the offset is 35/37 so idk wtf is going on this is ******* bullsh1t bro.. like should i even drop this **** now or what
Old 02-28-2011, 02:04 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
Calm down man..

You can always measure your offset/get a good estimate. Sit your wheel on a level surface and measure the distance to the center
Old 02-28-2011, 02:09 PM
GraphiteG37S

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
The sedan and coupe rotors are 100% the same. If you are not lowered, a 10.5" +37 will poke out a little bit. I can't believe someone has not made that clear and you are getting the run around like this.... There is absolutely nothing wrong with your car. The rotors look different because of the way Stoptech integrates the parking brake on the rear.

There are only two ways around the issue (and this has been pointed out). You will have to lower your car, which will in turn increase the negative camber, and tuck the wheels in. Or, you can install a camber kit and tuck the wheels with an alignment change.
Lowering it is NOT the solution... I have wheels with the exact same specs as the OP and had them on before I ever lowered my car... Mine didn't poke out like that... I NEVER rubbed or hit anywhere, being lower is not the problem. Idk what the problem is ...
Old 02-28-2011, 02:10 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
Well if we can get the OP to measure his widths and offsets, we can get that out of the way and work from there
Old 02-28-2011, 02:15 PM
GraphiteG37S

Originally Posted by JohnnysG
Sooo... wtf I shouldn't drop it now? I was going to get Eibach's but now that will make the situation worse in myk's opinion? Should I just go to Infiniti and ask whatsup or something cause I feel like this is bullsh1t. Beerme186 or whatever sold me the wheels and IDK wtf is going on I try to contact him but this is getting to be bull**** and I'm getting pissed off. I don't think these offsets are correct...
What does the volk size/offset sticker say on the barrel on the wheel? Also, I believe volk lists the size and offsets on the back the wheel face that touches the hub? I posted pics of my volk stickers about a month ago when you were having this issue... What disc wheel are you running? It's all on the sticker man!
Old 02-28-2011, 02:19 PM
jran76

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Pcasey
actually that is wrong they are not 100% the same because in 08 the sport coupe and sport sedan have different part numbers for a reason. from 2009 and up the sport coupe and the sport sedan have the same rotor part number so no they are not 100% the same
Sport (Akebono) brakes were not offered on the 08 (G35) "sport" sedan, and that is why the part numbers are different. The 08+ coupes, and 09+ sedans use all the same parts for the Sport brakes. That is what the OP has.... not sure what else to say.

To the OP.... Those are not aggressive wheels and the Eibach drop should take care of the issue. If not, buy a set of $100 camber arms and dial in a little more camber on the rear. Problem solved. I promise you can get the wheels to fit with an Eibach drop and minimal work.... There are several cars with the same offset and Eibach's that are just fine.

If you are unsure about the offsets, all Volk's should have a label with the offset on the inside barrel of the rim. Most also have it stamped on the back of the wheels around the hub.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:26 PM
GraphiteG37S

To the OP.... Those are not aggressive wheels and the Eibach drop should take care of the issue. If not, buy a set of $100 camber arms and dial in a little more camber on the rear. Problem solved. I promise you can get the wheels to fit with an Eibach drop and minimal work.... There are several cars with the same offset and Eibach's that are just fine.
I had no issues with poke or rubbing when I was with stock suspension or with eibach springs... I have these exact volk wheels specs on my Volk GT7 wheels. Now on JIC coilovers, one finger gap, no rubbing, rear camber is at -1.2 front camber is -1.8.. Rear camber kit only.

If you are unsure about the offsets, all Volk's should have a label with the offset on the inside barrel of the rim. Most also have it stamped on the back of the wheels around the hub.

^this...
Old 02-28-2011, 02:32 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

Sport (Akebono) brakes were not offered on the 08 (G35) "sport" sedan, and that is why the part numbers are different. The 08+ coupes, and 09+ sedans use all the same parts for the Sport brakes. That is what the OP has.... not sure what else to say.

ahhh huh? do you want me to give you the different part numbers for the 08 coupe sports rotors versus the 09 g37 sedan sport rotors???
Old 02-28-2011, 02:36 PM
jran76

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GraphiteG37S
Lowering it is NOT the solution... I have wheels with the exact same specs as the OP and had them on before I ever lowered my car... Mine didn't poke out like that... I NEVER rubbed or hit anywhere, being lower is not the problem. Idk what the problem is ...
OK.... Then OP is incorrect about the size/offset. I am quite certain there is not a problem with the hub/brakes (I find it funny that so many people are stuck on this). The size and offset should be easy to check on Volk's. I'll take bets that there is no other issue, and it is 100% alignment related or the OP is incorrect about the offset/size.

The 10.5" +37 rear wheel pokes out over an inch further than the stock sport wheels (about 27-28mm). If you ran 25mm spacers on the stock sport wheels at stock height, you don't think they would poke out a little?
Old 02-28-2011, 02:47 PM
GraphiteG37S

OK.... Then OP is incorrect about the size/offset. I am quite certain there is not a problem with the hub/brakes (I find it funny that so many people are stuck on this). The size and offset should be easy to check on Volk's. I'll take bets that there is no other issue, and it is 100% alignment related or the OP is incorrect about the offset/size.

The 10.5" +37 rear wheel pokes out over an inch further than the stock sport wheels (about 27-28mm). If you ran 25mm spacers on the stock sport wheels at stock height, you don't think they would poke out a little?
I agree it is probably an issue with the wheels and not the brakes... Unless his alignment is set up extremely positive, which I dope it is cause there is no reason for that.. OP has been having this problem for atleast 2 months now, and I tried to help him back then with no success. The size/offsets of volk wheels are indicated with a sticker on the barrel and stamped on the back of the wheels face.. I even posted pics of my volk stickers to help him out, but he never confirmed if his were the same or different. If he is running the wrong disc wheel with a BBK that could effect how it sits on the hub too... I believe mine are J disc wheels. Here's a pic of my front wheel sticker. I don't have my rear sticker pic right now, but I can post later tonight when I get home.

Old 02-28-2011, 02:52 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

ya you guys are probably right. I would still check to see if the rotors from the sedan match up. thats just me.

Quick Reply: Help Wheel/Tire past my fender???