Review Killed my wheel gap: Springs, spacers, and sways review + Photoshoot

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 03:26 PM
droogie
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Killed my wheel gap: Springs, spacers, and sways review + Photoshoot

Introduction:

I recently installed Eibach springs, H&R 20 mm Spacers, and Eibach Sways on my 2010 G37 Coupe. The car is my DD and does not see the track, as such my goal was simply to get rid of wheel gap, add some stance, and slightly increase handling, all without compromising ride quality. I choose springs over coilovers primarily because of cost, when I added on the cost of parts and labor of front and rear camber arms it quickly became a downward spiral of additional cost that I did not want to get into.

Vendors:

Parts were purchased from Lou @ Amplified, he gave me a great forum deal and was able to help suggest the right swaybars for my application. The parts were promptly shipped to my door, and I was extremely satisfied with Amplified's service. Install and alignment was performed by Pro Tuning Performance of Fort Worth. I cannot recommend them highly enough, after meeting them I instantly trusted them to work on my car, and they certainly treated it as if it were their own.

Performance:

Since I installed springs and sways simultaneously, it's hard to attribute performance increases to one or the other. Pro Tuning also was able to get camber to -1.4 F, -1.8 R, toe neutral, so this also contributes to lateral grip. The car feels more predictable and handling neutral over stock. Body roll is greatly diminished, though not completely eliminated. The car is more controllable and predictable during slide or drift conditions, however I do not feel the sways excessively promote oversteer. Overall, I feel this is a great combo for some increased performance that certainly does not break the bank.

Ride Quality:

Obviously, Eibach springs are stiffer than stock. Subjectively, it feels about 5-10 percent stiffer, I can definitely live with it. There is no excessive bounce with the springs. The car feels slightly less composed over uneven pavement, sometimes going into a slight "side-to-side" motion. I attribute this to the stiffer swaybars, and is pretty much par for the course. The Eibach sways are set at their most conservative setting front and rear. I imagine it would be easy to induce oversteer by going soft in the front, and stiff in the rear. I have had the spacers on for 200 miles so far, and have not had a chance to re-torque them. They have zero issues, no vibration whatsoever.

Compatibility:

We ran into an issue with my FI Catback not clearing the thicker rear swaybar. It was resolved by grinding off an exhaust clamp, and rotating it out of the way.

Aesthetics:

I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. I am very happy with how everything turned out.

Old 01-11-2011, 03:29 PM
WPPJR30

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
Great review. Great pictures. Glad you're satisfied with the springs...
Old 01-11-2011, 03:33 PM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Received 223 Likes on 161 Posts
Nice, more pics up close!
Old 01-11-2011, 03:33 PM
philter25

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Which H&R? DRS or DRM?

Ive been debating getting the 15 mm H&R, but Im going to wait until I get new tires because Im going wider to determine which spacers to get.

Any up close side shots of the wheels? The pictures look nice, but its hard to see the actual wheels from such a far distance.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:41 PM
RaulGCustom
SoCal Driven

Received 406 Likes on 400 Posts
Nice pictures!
Old 01-11-2011, 03:43 PM
A_Palaroan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Looking good
Old 01-11-2011, 03:44 PM
jarborn1

+ 1 to the above.. any more pics??

Looks great though!
Old 01-11-2011, 04:05 PM
droogie
Registered Member

Thanks for the replies. They are the spacers that bolt over your existing lugs, I forget which kind that is. I will be doing a more extensive shoot next week when the weather warms up, I'll take note of pic requests until then
Old 01-11-2011, 04:19 PM
TheIvoryG

Very clean. Eibach + 20mm spacers really make this car look excellent.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:25 PM
MyocyteX

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
This was helpful! Thanks for the post!
Old 01-11-2011, 05:35 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
Looking awesome man!

I believe as the springs settle in, you will go lower and get more camber up front. I'm at -2.2 degrees camber up front (rocking 25mm's though)
Old 01-11-2011, 05:47 PM
Devildog37

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by droogie
Thanks for the replies. They are the spacers that bolt over your existing lugs, I forget which kind that is. I will be doing a more extensive shoot next week when the weather warms up, I'll take note of pic requests until then
They gotta be the DRM set then. The DRS set replaces the lugs with some longer ones and you can just toss out the oem ones.

Other than that, looks pretty sweet and give the eibachs some time to settle and you'll fall in love with them, especially on smooth roads.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:52 PM
droogie
Registered Member

The Eibach's already had 3k miles on them when I bought them, plus I waited a week before aligning. I hope they are done settling!
Old 01-11-2011, 06:56 PM
SRG

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
thats awesome! I'm going to have the exact same set up next week!!! Looks great!
Old 01-11-2011, 07:12 PM
infamousstunna1

Nice review and setup. I believe the springs should be finished with the settling though.

Quick Reply: Review Killed my wheel gap: Springs, spacers, and sways review + Photoshoot