Brakes, Suspension, Wheels & Tires
Rollers and Rubbers (View All Posts)

Dunlop tires

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 12:11 AM
superjer2000

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Do people that have gone to Continental DWS tires find the sidewalls too soft? That is the largest complaint on the TireRack. I want to get rid of the Dunlops as they 1) Tramline, 2) Handle like crap but I am not keen on going to a tire that is going to be as squirmy as the Dunlops due to a soft sidewall that shifts back and forth.

Thanks.
Old 06-24-2011, 03:34 PM
328HP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just bought the Potenza AS 225/50/18 for my xS. I just wanted the best and these tires come highly recommended on tire rack. They will be installed this weekend. Learnt my lesson with my 08 G35x when I got some extra cheap tires, these were in the $50/tire range. The car was just never the same so this time had to do it right. The engine should now be at optimal performance and since the old tires were not good as noted above and they were wearing out as the engine was getting optimized, I gather I should be having fun in the coming days, optimal engine performance with brand new tires. I will give my feedback soon.
Old 06-26-2011, 05:29 PM
jddssc121

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by allundercover
I am thinking of replacing all 4 tires. any good suggestions for an All season. I just started looking at Nitto and Toyo
I've run the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus, and they are a fantastic tire.

the Dunlops are better than those craps RSA's, but the Michelin are way better.
Old 07-07-2011, 12:26 PM
328HP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 328HP
I just bought the Potenza AS 225/50/18 for my xS. I just wanted the best and these tires come highly recommended on tire rack. They will be installed this weekend. Learnt my lesson with my 08 G35x when I got some extra cheap tires, these were in the $50/tire range. The car was just never the same so this time had to do it right. The engine should now be at optimal performance and since the old tires were not good as noted above and they were wearing out as the engine was getting optimized, I gather I should be having fun in the coming days, optimal engine performance with brand new tires. I will give my feedback soon.
Following up on this, I have had the Bridgestone Potenza 960 tires for a week now and the improvement is phenomenal over the stock tires. The tires are less noisy (not that the Dunlops were noisy), provide a more comfortable ride and I think more communicative as well. The largest improvement was the handling, now my car can eats corners far better than when it had the OEM Dunlops. Overall I am very happy with these tires, cost me quite a bit but since I have half my lease to go, it feels like I am in a new car again.

I am not sure which tire is rated highest on Tire Rack, but the Potenzas are said to be 95% as good as the best rated tire for the 37xS so you can't go wrong with them.