Brakes, Suspension, Wheels & Tires
Rollers and Rubbers (View All Posts)

Whats the official word - Front camber kit?? Yay or Nay?? Any Flaws??

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 03:32 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Received 210 Likes on 155 Posts
Whats the official word - Front camber kit?? Yay or Nay?? Any Flaws??

This is for ANY OF YOU that have slammed cars and have had an allignment. Do you advise TO have, or NOT TO have a front camber kit? If yes/no, why? and do you have the revised front camber arms?

***Post up your allignment specs!!!! How's your tire wear? Mileage?
***ANYONE WITH a front camber kit, do you see any FLAW in having one?? Kit hits the front fender?
***Anyone WITHOUT a front kit camber kit, do you not have one because of the $cost$, or because you don't need to be within spec????

Last edited by 1cleanG; 11-29-2010 at 04:24 PM.
Old 11-29-2010, 07:34 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts
Im on Eibachs, not slammed, have both front and rear.
Specs? They are dead on factory specs.
They don't hit the fender.
I have 9K, and tires will make it to 20K flat across.

Does one realized how much negative camber comes in when steering and your caster is at 5 degrees?? A lot!! So theres no need to go more negative than specs.
Old 12-01-2010, 05:43 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

No one has anything to attest to this???
Old 12-02-2010, 02:29 AM
kevshiau
Registered Member

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Im dropped on Eibachs in the front and Tanabes in the rear. I'm also running 20mm spacers all around on stock rims with no rubbing issues.

I herd that you dont need camber kits with Eibachs but I don't think thats the case with me. I tired to save some money and see how bad the tire wear would be. I've gotten 3 alignments done since my drop and my tire wear is horrible, especially in the front. My camber is slightly out of recommended specs and my toe is within. Most of my driving is on the freeway.

Lesson learned the hard way . Saving up for some camber kits.
Old 12-02-2010, 03:20 AM
whiddles
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
im on eibachs as well and have slight front tire wear only without a camber kit. maybe 13-15k miles on them. I just took the tires off the rim and swapped sides lol. good to go for another 15K
Old 12-02-2010, 04:08 AM
kevshiau
Registered Member

Is it ok to do that? I thought your not suppose rotate staggered tires
Old 12-02-2010, 05:56 AM
CaptainObvious
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kevmo420
What whiddles has described has nothing to do with staggered wheels, it can be done regardless of whether he has a staggered set up or not. It should not be done if you are running tires like these which are supposed to have a specific side of the tire facing the outside at all times...
Old 12-02-2010, 06:28 AM
whiddles
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yeah these tires are directional tires so you have to take them off the rims and swap the tires and then remount. if that makes sense. Front for front rear for rear. for me its free but most people do not have the tools to do it themsleves and take them to a discount tire or such.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:14 AM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Originally Posted by kevmo420

Originally Posted by whiddles
yeah these tires are directional tires so you have to take them off the rims and swap the tires and then remount. if that makes sense. Front for front rear for rear. for me its free but most people do not have the tools to do it themsleves and take them to a discount tire or such.
^^exactly. Its because of the directional tires, as well as the staggered tires. Its not that youc an't rotate them, you just have to take them physically off the rim and put them ont he other side of the car's rim.

Thanks for the feedback guys. It seems as all the guys that posted in this thread all have springs with relatively conservative drops, and even with yoru guys' allignments you still have atleast SOME uneven tirewear.

I just received my F & R camber kits yesterday, so I'll be installing them. I'll also be getting a before and after printout of the allignment chart. As I've stated in a few other threads, I'll be trying to make a sticky on all of this and the specs for everyone to see what a full camber kit accounts for.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:44 PM
kevshiau
Registered Member

Just got my front tires switched up today at discount tires. Cost me around $55
Old 12-02-2010, 08:32 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

ehh.....that's not too bad, but I"m slammed on KW's. Its a little more agressive uneven tirewear
Old 12-03-2010, 12:21 PM
kevshiau
Registered Member

is the normal tire wear for eibachs?

I didnt realize how bad my tires were until i just took that picture. how much longer do you think I could run these tires because the insides still have a lot of tread on them. The two front tires were swapped yesterday. Times are tough and moneys a bit tight to spend on tires.
Attached Thumbnails Whats the official word - Front camber kit?? Yay or Nay?? Any Flaws??-1203100903.jpg  
Old 12-04-2010, 10:25 AM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

holy sh*t^^ your tires are as bad as mine and I'm slammed on KW's!!??? I'm actually suprised a shop woudl actually swap the tires for you? Where did you go?
I called tires plus and they wouldn't even swap them for me. They said most shops won't swap them ANY part of the tire is under a certain tread depth because of being a liability, and the very edge of those is SHOT.

Did you get an allignment too? It seems like its gotta be off if its just ont he edge like that and you're only on eibachs. you mayyyy want to start saving for camber kits my friend :-) I just ordered mine from TMmotorsports on here. Nick's def the sh*t!
Old 12-04-2010, 10:26 AM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Also...the tires you had swapped are actually pretty dangerous to run. you literally have NO tread left ont he outter wheel, and what happens if you hit ANYthing sharp to puncture the tire? can say goodbye to your mint wheel...
Old 12-04-2010, 10:36 AM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

look familiar??

Quick Reply: Whats the official word - Front camber kit?? Yay or Nay?? Any Flaws??