Rollers and Rubbers (View All Posts)

Review EIBACH ANTI ROLL KIT, INFINITI G37 by AMPLIFIED

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 10:23 PM
Lou@Amplified
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
EIBACH ANTI ROLL KIT, INFINITI G37 by AMPLIFIED

As Promised, I will give my honest review on the EIBACH ANTI ROLL KIT for the Infiniti G37.

As some of you guys know, I own an IP G37 2008. For almost 3 years of owning the car, we have provided some reviews in the past on most of the parts i have on my G37.

Name:  IMG_5705-1.jpg
Views: 872
Size:  8.3 KB

I will not be comparing the other available sway bars with these because i want to be subjective and unbias. I will compare them to the OEM sport sway bars.

The eibach is the most versatile out of the all off them.
Having front adjustability helps. I personally drive my G37 daily even though its not a long drive and having my JIC coilovers set at almost the stiffest setting already and having every single underbrace made for the car including the strutbar, i can still notice a big difference on handling and body roll with the Eibach Anti roll kit.

We installed them last night after hours and i wanted to try the softer settting on the front sway bars.
Even at the softer setting, I'm already getting better steering response than from the OEM sway bar, Also at 730 lbs per square inch on the softer setting is already a big improvement from the 416lbs per square inch OEM front bars.

Here's some pictures of the Eibach Front Sways installed. Factory brackets were used but new bushings with grease is provided.

Name:  DSC_0871.jpg
Views: 938
Size:  56.6 KB
Name:  DSC_0870.jpg
Views: 1749
Size:  63.8 KB
Name:  DSC_0872.jpg
Views: 785
Size:  51.6 KB

As for the rears, We installed the end links on the middle which is the medium setting. The feedback was instant, The body roll is minimized to almost nothing and the car handles like a dream. All four corners were planted as i was going 60 on a 25mph downhill turn (kids don't try this at home). Minimal oversteer, i expect more from a set that's rated as stiff as these.

Here's some pictures of the rear installed

Name:  DSC_0878.jpg
Views: 1540
Size:  79.1 KB
Name:  DSC_0875.jpg
Views: 824
Size:  34.8 KB

As for the ride quality, As expected, they are stiffer now and you feel the road more just like any other sway bars but on the front softer setting, It wasn't bad at all. It more than the non adjustable sway bars i had previous but not as much as the other brand. If time permits, we will adjust the settings for front and rear so i can do more reviews and feedbacks for you guys.

Overall, as a owner of a G, i would strongly recommend these because having so far these are the only front adjustable Sway bars in the market.
It gives you the option of going mild to aggressive. Having them on aggressive is not for everyone because it can affect ride quality and promote over steer so these are ideal for your daily driver/weekend warrior type.

I will not claim I'm a suspension expert or a race car driver but my honest opinion is stated above having basically tried almost every available suspension MOD for the G37. IMHO sway bars upgrade is still the best, most noticable modification you can do that gives you instant feedback for your G37, coupe or sedan.

Feel free to post questions or any reviews for those who has them already.

thanks
Lou
Old 08-18-2010, 10:43 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Thanks for your review and opinions on the new product Lou. Since you actually drive a G regularly and have many of the parts you sell on your own car, any reviews are appreciated as you probably have much more experience with product comparison than most of us.

Are you aware of any manufacturer that has any heavier aftermarket sway bar end links in development yet? I have another brand of aftermarket sways and they are killing my end links. I noticed them leaking grease this week when I was installing my front camber arms.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:00 PM
ShyTown91
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great review Lou!
Old 08-18-2010, 11:12 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts
Admit it Lou, you picked the Eibach's over Hotchkis, because you wanted red pc bars.

Seriously, yes, a sway bar set, which ever you pick (I chose Hotchkis) is the best handling return on investment.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:53 AM
yogregb

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
How much are these going to cost and how would you say do they compare to the stillen set?? I allready know the hotchkis are too stiff for me, looking for middle of road set up...
Old 08-19-2010, 09:39 PM
Lou@Amplified
Banned

Originally Posted by Black Betty
Thanks for your review and opinions on the new product Lou. Since you actually drive a G regularly and have many of the parts you sell on your own car, any reviews are appreciated as you probably have much more experience with product comparison than most of us.

Are you aware of any manufacturer that has any heavier aftermarket sway bar end links in development yet? I have another brand of aftermarket sways and they are killing my end links. I noticed them leaking grease this week when I was installing my front camber arms.
I'm not sure who's making them but i heard another company is thinking of making some thicker end links. Yes unfortunately the are the weakest part.

Originally Posted by ShyTown91
Great review Lou!
thank you

Originally Posted by TVPostSound
Admit it Lou, you picked the Eibach's over Hotchkis, because you wanted red pc bars.

Seriously, yes, a sway bar set, which ever you pick (I chose Hotchkis) is the best handling return on investment.
I agree, haha NO. I wanted the front adjustability

Originally Posted by yogregb
How much are these going to cost and how would you say do they compare to the stillen set?? I allready know the hotchkis are too stiff for me, looking for middle of road set up...
I can't compare the two but i'm sure the front adjustability makes a difference
Old 08-20-2010, 04:33 PM
ipitythefoo
Banned

I just picked these up and got them installed at Amplified. Instant difference! I cannot be more pleased with these. a great birthday present from me to me! Thanks for everything Lou!!
Old 08-20-2010, 05:10 PM
g35sedan5at

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lou,

rather than give your OPINION on these versus others, could you tell me which are the stiffest? thats not really a question of opnion, more of specs from each company.

(Stillen, Hotckis, Eibach) im aware the eibach has the benefit of the adjustability in the front but im just wondering about stiffness.
Old 08-21-2010, 03:46 AM
uvwd

Originally Posted by g35sedan5at
Lou,

rather than give your OPINION on these versus others, could you tell me which are the stiffest? thats not really a question of opnion, more of specs from each company.

(Stillen, Hotckis, Eibach) im aware the eibach has the benefit of the adjustability in the front but im just wondering about stiffness.
That is a fair question I would also be interested in knowing. Maybe include Cusco, as well, if possible? Thanks Lou!!!
Old 08-21-2010, 11:59 PM
sportsdude512

Hey,
camber kits aren't needed for the eibachs?
And do you know if by installing only the rear sway bar, cause any negative effects?
Thanks
Old 08-23-2010, 04:13 PM
Dexter_Morgan

Lou,

The sway bar looks great and I'm sure it performs awesome. But we need a set developed for the XAWD. The entire Northeast has been waiting on this mod for years. I'm sure R&D would pay for itself.

Last edited by Dexter_Morgan; 08-23-2010 at 07:14 PM.
Old 08-30-2010, 01:29 PM
J2S2M

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Lou, thanks for the detailed review.

Can you pls PM me the price on these picked up and also for price installed?

Thanks.
Old 08-30-2010, 01:55 PM
Namir
Registered Member

Price shipped front and rear to 23219 thanks!
Old 08-30-2010, 08:33 PM
Ron

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Pm me with a cost for front and rear 2010 G37 sedan. How difficult is the install?

Ron
Old 08-30-2010, 10:02 PM
g35sedan5at

just got these in, will write a review as soon as i install.

lemme be the first to say, boy do they seem hefty and beefy in the box, im sure ill feel the difference from stock.

Quick Reply: Review EIBACH ANTI ROLL KIT, INFINITI G37 by AMPLIFIED