Brakes, Suspension, Wheels & Tires
Rollers and Rubbers (View All Posts)

Eibach Pro-kits, need camber kit?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 01:35 AM
akang02

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eibach Pro-kits, need camber kit?

Hey everyone, just bought a g37s coupe. Need to lower asap because the front gap makes me shreek everytime i see it. Decided on prokits to do the job.... in peoples experience do i need a camber kit with these, or am i close enough to get by without? the responses will probably be split, but thought i would ask anyway... id prefer to pay up up front for the kit rather than go through a set of tires before I have to.

Do the camber kits for the g do the job? any recs on which is preferred?

Thanks.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:06 AM
HamstersG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
With the Eibach prokit, you can get toe in spec and that is what impacts tire wear. Most all report right around the upper limit on front and rear camber, some just in but most just out. If you are OK with the negative camber look, then you will be fine without the camber kits couple with a quality alignment a week or so after spring install. I am running both camber kits because I am **** and did not want to be out of spec and did not like the look.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:20 AM
beerme986

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
tons of threads about this already ..

no you dont need camber kit, just go to good alignment shop. get alignment right away, prokit does not settle drastically enough for you to wait a week.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:25 AM
marcelo19lp
Registered Member

What is consider a good aligment shop. I heard of some types of machines brands. The dealer charges $110 for laser all wheel aligment. How about like firestone, do they do go alignments, also dont they charge for lifetime alignment. So at most how many days to wait, or just wait a week for alignment after eibach pro.
Old 04-08-2010, 02:11 PM
HamstersG

Ask around your area for recommendations. You need a good tech, good equipment and somewhere that will be careful. Some have luck with Firestone and some do not.....you are kind of on your own.

As for waiting after spring install for the alignment, you are going to get multiple opinions. I have done it both ways and prefer to wait a week.

Originally Posted by marcelo19lp
What is consider a good aligment shop. I heard of some types of machines brands. The dealer charges $110 for laser all wheel aligment. How about like firestone, do they do go alignments, also dont they charge for lifetime alignment. So at most how many days to wait, or just wait a week for alignment after eibach pro.
Old 04-08-2010, 02:22 PM
danchoi

i would say definitely wait at least 1 week.

ymmv with alignment shops. best to try to see local reviews, but with any franchise place its going to really depend on the experience of the mechanics there. i went to NTB and it turned out okay, didn't need a camber kit although i did have some neg camber (-1.7,-1.8) which i will see if there's any significant wear when i get new wheels.

firestone has lifetime alignment deals, ntb also has 3-6month and 1yr+ deals that are many times worth the money.
Old 04-08-2010, 11:02 PM
akang02

thanks for insight. I figure there is no downside to waiting a week, its not like the tire wear from 7 days is going to make a diff. I just need a local shop to go to now...
Old 04-08-2010, 11:06 PM
beerme986

you can wait a week if you dont really plan on driving it that week. whether you do it right away or a week later not a big deal. the drop is so subtle that it doesnt compress enough for it to make a difference. heck some people never even get an alignment after dropping
Old 04-08-2010, 11:14 PM
marcelo19lp
Registered Member

Thanks a lot, now I have to ask for some feedback by where I live. In a circle of 10 miles, there's like 18 shops with wheel alignments.
Old 04-08-2010, 11:41 PM
beerme986

are you close to nyc? there are a lot of places there, might want to check out g35nyc to get an idea of good places. it's a huge community over there
Old 04-08-2010, 11:56 PM
wakeboardr116

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by beerme986
tons of threads about this already ..

no you dont need camber kit, just go to good alignment shop. get alignment right away, prokit does not settle drastically enough for you to wait a week.
I'd beg to differ. Mine was still settling for almost a month after putting them on. Most of it was within the first 2 weeks then I got an alignment but it still came down some after that. I know for a fact because after I got an alignment I could still get my jack underneath just barely. I tried it again a few weeks later and its not even close. I can't even get it under the side skirt now.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:22 AM
HamstersG

Not that this happened to you, but if the suspension is not pre-loaded before makeing final tightening.....it can "settle" for a while. Not good for the bushings either. I tend to agree with you on waiting on doing the alignment, but I try to stay out of the emotional arguements that seem to ensue.

Originally Posted by wakeboardr116
I'd beg to differ. Mine was still settling for almost a month after putting them on. Most of it was within the first 2 weeks then I got an alignment but it still came down some after that. I know for a fact because after I got an alignment I could still get my jack underneath just barely. I tried it again a few weeks later and its not even close. I can't even get it under the side skirt now.
Old 04-14-2010, 02:15 PM
Neal@tirerack
MYG37.COM Platinum Sponsor

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
I typically tell people to buy the camber kit so you have it there ready if you need it. If it turns out the car does not need it then you can always send it back. Better to have it on hand than take things apart a second time.
Old 05-04-2010, 03:52 AM
MFRESH

I installed my eibach with alignment there after and i have some negative camber? low part of wheel sticking out. I don't know if the guy messed up with alignment and should i go get another alignment or wait for week then go get an alignment?
Old 05-04-2010, 01:33 PM
MFRESH

Do I have to get the rear camber kit? B/c front looks ok.

Quick Reply: Eibach Pro-kits, need camber kit?