Brakes, Suspension, Wheels & Tires
Rollers and Rubbers (View All Posts)

20's with drop on G37x??

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 12:08 AM
DoubleD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
20's with drop on G37x??

Please help!! Snow is gone here in the GTA and I need to get some new shoes for the summer really soon.. I've read pretty much every thread relating to the G37x but can't really find all the answers im looking for..
My questions are:

1. If I put 20's on my G and get the eibach springs (specific to the g37x) will I get any rubbing? Will I need any spacers or anything else besides an alignment?

2. Does anyone here have these springs? I know it lowers the front more than the back... Does it look awkward? Settle much after some time? Worth it?

3. Whats the best way to reduce that nasty wheel gap? Are 20's the best bet, or will 19's look better? (Dont want to drop too crazy because i still need to drive in the winter w/ this car)

4. I understand it's probably best not to go staggered because of the awd, and its best to keep the diameter the same (or within 5%)... but is this in relation to the stock wheel/tire diameter, or just between the front and back sets?

5. What size tire should I go with? Offset?

6. Was looking at some styles of rims around here and one store showed me the MSR 093 in black.. I really like that type of style (and the price he was giving me), but have no idea about MSR rims... Are they good or cheap?
MSR#

Any other recommendations? flexible budget but was looking to spend between 2000 - 2500 CDN for rims AND tires.. shipped to Toronto...

Sorry for the novel, but I would really appreciate any help. I will post pictures after its all done.. Btw, any vendors on here ship to canada? Pls PM me some prices!

Thanks guys!
Old 03-16-2010, 12:13 AM
DoubleD

Forgot to mention that I'm talking about the Coupe.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:54 AM
Triple_X

Originally Posted by DoubleD
Please help!! Snow is gone here in the GTA and I need to get some new shoes for the summer really soon.. I've read pretty much every thread relating to the G37x but can't really find all the answers im looking for..
My questions are:

1. If I put 20's on my G and get the eibach springs (specific to the g37x) will I get any rubbing? Will I need any spacers or anything else besides an alignment?
you won't rub at all with eibach

2. Does anyone here have these springs? I know it lowers the front more than the back... Does it look awkward? Settle much after some time? Worth it?
I have them and they look perfect...the reason for the big drop and uneven drop is because the AWD sits higher stock than the sport. It looks fine though.

3. Whats the best way to reduce that nasty wheel gap? Are 20's the best bet, or will 19's look better? (Dont want to drop too crazy because i still need to drive in the winter w/ this car)
eibach and 20 inch wheels

4. I understand it's probably best not to go staggered because of the awd, and its best to keep the diameter the same (or within 5%)... but is this in relation to the stock wheel/tire diameter, or just between the front and back sets?

front and back sets...I had a non staggered setup (currently have 4 tires/2 wheels for sale lol). I recently went staggered and the OD of front and rear is .4mm . . pretty fckin close, should not mess with awd and will look sick

5. What size tire should I go with? Offset?

depends if you want stagger or all 4 the same. For the same I'd go 255/35..20x9 all 4 wheels .for stagger I'd do 235/275 or what I did.. 245/285 20x9 front wheel.. 20x10.5 rear wheel.

6. Was looking at some styles of rims around here and one store showed me the MSR 093 in black.. I really like that type of style (and the price he was giving me), but have no idea about MSR rims... Are they good or cheap?
MSR#

wheels are all a matter of preference and of course budget...check out people's wheels and decide

Any other recommendations? flexible budget but was looking to spend between 2000 - 2500 CDN for rims AND tires.. shipped to Toronto...

for that price range you should look at the vossen lineup. Great looking 1 piece wheel in that range.

Sorry for the novel, but I would really appreciate any help. I will post pictures after its all done.. Btw, any vendors on here ship to canada? Pls PM me some prices!

Thanks guys!
hope this helps

also sent you a PM
Old 03-16-2010, 10:35 AM
Stems

Pretty much what triple said, he's the resident X guru
Old 03-16-2010, 10:38 AM
Triple_X

Originally Posted by Stems
Pretty much what triple said, he's the resident X guru
hahaha ty but all my knowledge or lack there of has been passed down to me
Old 03-16-2010, 02:00 PM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
search for my info w/ the eibach springs and my 20's
Old 03-20-2010, 10:47 PM
blueborat

like triple X says.. Eibach has the perfect drop for the X coupe.. I am running the same setup as well. The wheel gaps are perfect in the front and back. You wont be disappointed.
Old 03-21-2010, 05:08 PM
DoubleD

Thanks for all the advice guys!

So I think i'm going with Fast Wheels - Predator.. They're canadian and i can get a good deal... but anyone have any experience with this brand?

Also, anyone know places in the GTA that will carry the springs for the X?
Old 03-21-2010, 06:30 PM
blueborat

Fast wheels are alright... You will get what you pay for. The finish and weight of the wheels are just not comparable with the more expensive brand. If u are buying eibach springs from local shops, expect to pay more of a premium price and also the wait. I would just order them from US since if u buy here it is gonna cost the same or more than US price+shipping+ duty. And you probably gonna wait longer.
Old 03-22-2010, 01:45 PM
Vince

I havean '09 G37 X coupe as well and I have 4 19x8.5 wheels. Looking to buy performance summer tires. What do you recommend for brand and size. What will happen with the gap?
Old 03-22-2010, 01:51 PM
Triple_X

I've had vredstein ultrac sessentas, and recently switched to the hankook ventus v12. I prefer the hankook as far as comfort and quietness.
Old 03-22-2010, 02:07 PM
Vince

THX Trilpe. Any thoughts on the size and gap?
Old 03-22-2010, 02:31 PM
Triple_X

since you have the same size wheel I assume you are going non-staggered...I'd suggest 245/35 for all 4. One of my wheel 'experts' thinks that will look good haha. Do you plan on lowering it? It will have the same size gap (maybe even bigger from skinnier sidewalls) and will look funky not lowered lol
Old 03-22-2010, 03:39 PM
Vince

Not comfortable with the funk factor. I didn't plan to lower it, at least right away. Will a different size tire help (compromise)bridge the gap so to speech?
Old 03-22-2010, 03:42 PM
Triple_X

well it's kind of a lose/lose lol. You either get fatter tires and it looks weird or you get skinnier sidewalls and the gap looks weird haha. The only thing to do is installed eibach

Quick Reply: 20's with drop on G37x??