Brakes, Suspension, Wheels & Tires
Rollers and Rubbers (View All Posts)

Updated SPC Front Camber Kit - Anyone install yet?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 11:04 AM
alunserjr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Updated SPC Front Camber Kit - Anyone install yet?

Anyone have feedback on the "new" SPC front camber kits? Any issues? Old issue resolved? Thanks!
Old 06-06-2009, 03:53 PM
xlack
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
u mean the G35 arms?
Old 06-06-2009, 04:12 PM
alunserjr

Nick at GTHM is stating a "revised" version of the G35 camber kit: "Camber Kits are in stock. We have the new revised version g35 arms that work perfectly on the g37!!!"
Old 06-06-2009, 04:21 PM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts
Spc swapped out my arms and no more smash.
Old 06-06-2009, 10:25 PM
HamstersG

I am running them. I was one of the two testers. Pleanty posted info in a couple of threads. No issues for my set-up.
Old 06-06-2009, 10:30 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
So if I order an SPC front camber kit now, all the parts will be the correct ones to fit without rubbing right out of the box with out me having to modify them? Do all the vendors have these new improved versions now, or are the ill fitting ones still lurking retail inventories?
Old 06-06-2009, 10:55 PM
HamstersG

Order from one of the two vendors on the forum that were helping out and posting the updates. If they drop ship from SPC, then they will be right. I bet some of the wrong ones are floating around unless SPC did a recall.

In the event you get the wrong ones, you can exchange directly with SPC but that is a pain.

Originally Posted by Black Betty
So if I order an SPC front camber kit now, all the parts will be the correct ones to fit without rubbing right out of the box with out me having to modify them? Do all the vendors have these new improved versions now, or are the ill fitting ones still lurking retail inventories?
Old 06-06-2009, 10:59 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by HamstersG
Order from one of the two vendors on the forum that were helping out and posting the updates. If they drop ship from SPC, then they will be right. I bet some of the wrong ones are floating around unless SPC did a recall.

In the event you get the wrong ones, you can exchange directly with SPC but that is a pain.
Exactly my point. I am not disposed to dealing with that situation at all. I want be 100% certain that I get the right part the first time. Kudos to you guys who had the patience of a saint in working through this situation for SPC. I wouldn't have, but I'm glad you did.
Old 06-06-2009, 11:23 PM
HamstersG

Just call Andy at HPAutoworks.

The part number you want is SPC #72130 and Andy shows that part number on his web site [although he has the old adjustment specs].

Originally Posted by Black Betty
Exactly my point. I am not disposed to dealing with that situation at all. I want be 100% certain that I get the right part the first time. Kudos to you guys who had the patience of a saint in working through this situation for SPC. I wouldn't have, but I'm glad you did.

Last edited by HamstersG; 06-06-2009 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Add part number
Old 06-07-2009, 12:45 AM
C@ciQ

So if I purchased the noisy ones Ill get an exchange for the revised ones by SPC?
Old 06-07-2009, 12:54 AM
HamstersG

That is my understanding and what several have posted. Just contact SPC direct.

Originally Posted by C@ciQ
So if I purchased the noisy ones Ill get an exchange for the revised ones by SPC?
Old 06-07-2009, 05:28 AM
xlack
Registered Member

corrections, it was an extremely painless experience. Jeff@spc took care of everything. no exchange required. he sent me new arms (super fast too).. and to some other people from that other thread too.
Old 06-07-2009, 05:31 AM
xlack
Registered Member

Just call Andy at HPAutoworks.

The part number you want is SPC #72130 and Andy shows that part number on his web site [although he has the old adjustment specs].
just wanna confirm that the new arms part is correct: #72130

and to add that the noisy arms part is #72135
Old 06-07-2009, 09:39 AM
alunserjr

So is this actually a "new" part that corrected a design flaw, or is it just using the same part for the G35? (If so, why didn't they do that first?) Also, the "new" part isn't the noisy part with all the washers, is it?
Old 06-07-2009, 01:35 PM
HamstersG

You missed my point. If BB has not ordered, then getting the wrong ones online and having to exchange them with SPC is a pain relative to making sure he gets the right ones the first time. Hence why I posted the part number and suggested he just call Andy.

Originally Posted by xlack
corrections, it was an extremely painless experience. Jeff@spc took care of everything. no exchange required. he sent me new arms (super fast too).. and to some other people from that other thread too.

Quick Reply: Updated SPC Front Camber Kit - Anyone install yet?