Brakes, Suspension, Wheels & Tires
Rollers and Rubbers (View All Posts)

Updated SPC Front Camber Kit - Anyone install yet?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 01:41 PM
HamstersG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
SPC was trying to allow more camber adjustment with the new arm for the G37 coupe. It does allow more camber adjustment since it is longer, but that is what makes it hit the fender. So they were trying to make it better, but it did not turn out "better" all around.

The "new" arm which is the same as the 2007+ G35/G37 sedan and you do not have to use bump stops if you are on Eibach or something similar. Go lower on coilovers and you will need to use the bump stops. The number of bumpstops will depend on the coilover. Finagle69 posted his results in another thread.

Originally Posted by alunserjr
So is this actually a "new" part that corrected a design flaw, or is it just using the same part for the G35? (If so, why didn't they do that first?) Also, the "new" part isn't the noisy part with all the washers, is it?
Old 06-08-2009, 02:49 PM
amf25

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if u order from hpauto you will get the correct part because they are drop shipped directly from spc in CO. They are the g35 arms with the washers included.
Old 06-08-2009, 03:06 PM
Triple_X

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I ordered from andy as well. SPC shipped to me directly G35 sedan arms. No problems whatsoever.
Old 06-08-2009, 03:31 PM
xlack
Registered Member

Originally Posted by HamstersG
You missed my point. If BB has not ordered, then getting the wrong ones online and having to exchange them with SPC is a pain relative to making sure he gets the right ones the first time. Hence why I posted the part number and suggested he just call Andy.
oh, right.. that makes sense now

thumbs up to Jeff@SPC still
Old 06-09-2009, 06:23 AM
alunserjr

So does anyone know how far you can drop before having to add the washers? I'm considering a 1-2" drop with coilovers, but I hate the idea of the washers acting as a bump stop. It still seems like an incorrect design, or bandaid, or maybe just a limitation with what can be done with the car. I'm also concerned the car is going to be banging against these on a regular basis.
Old 06-09-2009, 12:09 PM
HamstersG

1) Specs on Eibach is -1.2" front and -0.8" rear which sets the fender right above the tire at about 27" front and rear. Several on Eibach on getting a little lower with settling including me. No need for bumpstops.

2) Go 2" with coilovers, there is probably a 99% chance you will need to use the bumpstops.

3) No bandaid in my opinion. If you want arms with camber and caster adjustment you ain't getting much more just due to the limitations of the G fender / suspension. Someone (or SPC) could come out with an arm with only camber adjustment that may give more vertical movement without hitting the fender....but I would not hold my breath for that one.

Originally Posted by alunserjr
So does anyone know how far you can drop before having to add the washers? I'm considering a 1-2" drop with coilovers, but I hate the idea of the washers acting as a bump stop. It still seems like an incorrect design, or bandaid, or maybe just a limitation with what can be done with the car. I'm also concerned the car is going to be banging against these on a regular basis.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:12 PM
camer25

I ordered these as well from Andy at HPA. Just waiting on shipment. He assured me that these are the new ones and that if you are dropped on Eibachs you can use the stock bumpstops. Any lower and youll need the to use the washers they supply.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:23 PM
Triple_X

^^ you only ordered the fronts I hope. The rears won't fit since there isn't a part for the x model yet
Old 06-09-2009, 01:34 PM
camer25

^^yes only the fronts. Dont really need them in the back. Did your springs settle alot more than you thought they would? Mine did.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:37 PM
Triple_X

yes, and nice and uneven as well
Old 06-09-2009, 01:46 PM
camer25

^^ wow really? mine settled perfect. nice and even. you saw the pics of my ride right?
Old 06-09-2009, 02:02 PM
Triple_X

I think I saw one pic....I'll look fr more yea my fronts are 1/2 inch different in height...same with the rears... wack

maybe I got a bad batch?
Old 06-09-2009, 02:15 PM
HamstersG

Several have reported that including me. Left side is lower than right DEPENDING on fuel load, passenger load, last hard turn I made into driveway, etc. The rear is worse (1/4'" to 1/2" delta) than fronts (1/8" to 1/4" delta) and I even swapped the rear springs, verified proper install and made final suspension tightening under load ....same result.

Left side looks perfect and right side looks too high most of the time . So I got the same weight in the front seats, full tank of gas, went to a large parking lot, drove straight for a while, stopped without heavy braking, got out both sides of car at same time and took measurements. Real close to the same.

May have to go to coilovers one day.

Originally Posted by Triple_X
I think I saw one pic....I'll look fr more yea my fronts are 1/2 inch different in height...same with the rears... wack

maybe I got a bad batch?

Also, when you install the front camber kits...make sure you make the final tightening of the a-arm to car bolts with the a-arm up in the approximate location under load per instructions. Othewise you could end up 1/4" higher than when you start.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:30 PM
Triple_X

Originally Posted by HamstersG
Several have reported that including me. Left side is lower than right DEPENDING on fuel load, passenger load, last hard turn I made into driveway, etc. The rear is worse (1/4'" to 1/2" delta) than fronts (1/8" to 1/4" delta) and I even swapped the rear springs, verified proper install and made final suspension tightening under load ....same result.

Left side looks perfect and right side looks too high most of the time . So I got the same weight in the front seats, full tank of gas, went to a large parking lot, drove straight for a while, stopped without heavy braking, got out both sides of car at same time and took measurements. Real close to the same.

May have to go to coilovers one day.

Also, when you install the front camber kits...make sure you make the final tightening of the a-arm to car bolts with the a-arm up in the approximate location under load per instructions. Othewise you could end up 1/4" higher than when you start.

thanks man! you are a wealth of information and very reassuring.

thanks
Old 06-24-2009, 10:29 PM
camer25

ok i just got my fronts installed today and im not too happy with the result. the car looks higher in the front than rear. it was perfect before this but the alignment was way off and couldnt be fixed. im hoping maybe it drops a lil more.

Triple_X whats ur measurements from ground to wheel well?

Quick Reply: Updated SPC Front Camber Kit - Anyone install yet?