Rollers and Rubbers (View All Posts)

Review K-Sport Kontrol Pro Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 02:49 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up K-Sport Kontrol Pro Coilovers

First off I would like to thank K-Sport USA for taking care of me on these coils, it will be an honor to show for them. I would also like to thank Amplified Motorsports for the install on these coils. (They are also a authorized k-sport dealer). The coils arrived and I gave the boys at Amp a call and had them install it the same day, they did it quickly and perfect as always for they're always working on Gs

My first impression was like, so ok, are these coils like BC or Megan etc? Are these worth it, for I myself is pretty picky. After they explained to me how this coil actually replaces your OEM upper-pillow ball mount (where alot of other coils don't), and have the 36-way Adjustable Dampening, and also having the Rear Coil built and come in as 1 coil (NO Shock and Spring seperate; True Coil!), it fascinated me in some ways and made me very curious so I had to grab one.

After the install, the car was much stiffer, and I definitely feel the difference (well of course I just bought new coils right), but I put it to a test all night last night. Drove 42 miles straight after I had them put on, freeway is fairly comfortable for I had the dampening on 20/36 F&R. Handling was very responsive and it handled bumps like no others, I took sharp corners at higher speeds no problem. There were several exits I like to test my vehicle on, the speed limit was 25mph and I took it at 60-65mph NO PROBLEMS, hugged the line and just took it through, I was very fascinated. I just kept getting crazier and crazier in my turns off exits and on-ramps and taking sharp turns on the streets at 40mph. (Everything was done 2-3am in the morning.) Not only that I have heavy 20' Iforged wheels so that didn't help but the Coilovers still did the job perfectly with it. Especially how the coil is built in as one in a true coil format, this is outstanding for track use.

So im a honest guy, in the end and and in conclusion, my opinion and review for this coil, is awesome! I definitely get this personally over BC, Megan etc etc. Let's keep it real, if you have money and want to go quality and kick azz at the track, ok you might want to consider JIC coils or something, but if you're in a budget or don't want to spend that extra money for coils, you need to go with these!!! I believe you get more than what you pay for with these coils, K-Sport been watching other companies and competitors very closely as coils were released for this car, thus releasing this coil with all these options on it. I am not here to say these coils are the best, but for the price range its the best for what you pay for.

These coilovers could be optionally be purchased through Lou @ Amplified Motorsport if wished, they are an Authorized K-Sport USA Dealer, he will take care of you guys just like how he take cares of everyone else on board.

Thanks again everyone and thanks for those who read the mini review.

Here are some pics:

1 Piece Rears!

Old 05-28-2009, 02:56 PM
gan78mao

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
very nice 2C! great review! i also thought about getting these before! haha.
Old 05-28-2009, 03:10 PM
nogoodname
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
have any pics of the G on the road level
Old 05-28-2009, 03:16 PM
jnguyen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Man haha when. Saw the thread title and then the poster I was like huh? I was 10/10 that you were going to get something like kw cause I know you are into quality items. Seeing that you post good reviews about ksport coil then they must be good haha. Great review man. I myself have kwv3 but thinking about selling and getting cheaper coils since I don't track and just need the ability to adjust the height so I might look into these
Old 05-28-2009, 03:18 PM
STOOF

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
nice, sounds good.

How stiff was the rears all the way on 36? Sounds like either they are too soft so you put it to stiffest, or they were like solid struts. lol
Old 05-28-2009, 03:33 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Originally Posted by nogoodname007
have any pics of the G on the road level
Will have some later tonight/tomorrow.

Originally Posted by jnguyen
Man haha when. Saw the thread title and then the poster I was like huh? I was 10/10 that you were going to get something like kw cause I know you are into quality items. Seeing that you post good reviews about ksport coil then they must be good haha. Great review man. I myself have kwv3 but thinking about selling and getting cheaper coils since I don't track and just need the ability to adjust the height so I might look into these
I'm not going to lie, my favorite coils are JIC coils, but for the price these goes for, nothing beats it at that price, especially for what they offer. Upper Pillow Ball mount replacement (which your KW doesn't have), 36-way adjustment, and the rear coil being built as 1 (more stiff/better track use).

Originally Posted by STOOF
nice, sounds good.

How stiff was the rears all the way on 36? Sounds like either they are too soft so you put it to stiffest, or they were like solid struts. lol
I have not put the rears to 36 yet, for 20 is pretty stiff for me already lol, me and all my friends were just bouncing the trunk/rear up and down and that thing barely moved, very stiff haha. 20/36 is good enough for me, I got 16 more ways to adjust still if I need it even stiffer
Old 05-28-2009, 03:52 PM
smalls'g37

Nice review. If I hadn't had lou hook me up with the JIC's these would be a cheaper alternative.
Old 05-28-2009, 05:14 PM
jarborn1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
how much are these?
Old 05-28-2009, 05:21 PM
san~man

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Interesting. The only thing I'd be worried/skeptical about would be the added stress the rear shock tower now sees as a result of the 1 piece rear assembly. Seeing as how the rear shock mounts with only 2 bolts, I would wonder if it's designed to be strong enough for the new unit.
Old 05-28-2009, 05:35 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Many companies used this design before and it has been a success, thus a reason why they call it the "true coilover" style. But no lie I agree with you too when I saw it at first, but so far so good They said its better for track use also, makes it a stiffer ride if anything. Plus it's 3 bolts I believe, not 2.
Old 05-28-2009, 05:43 PM
ShanesG

Thought you hated people who were sponsered?

They look siiick bro!!!
See you tonight hopefully!
Old 05-28-2009, 06:36 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
How are these compared to Tanabes? Cost/performance/adjustability?
Old 05-28-2009, 06:42 PM
sTiLLBaLLiN37
Former Prez of LA G'Z

Received 24 Likes on 3 Posts
Very good review 2C, nice to have an HONEST review from somebody for once.
Old 05-29-2009, 03:51 AM
san~man

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by G37Rider92649
Many companies used this design before and it has been a success, thus a reason why they call it the "true coilover" style. But no lie I agree with you too when I saw it at first, but so far so good They said its better for track use also, makes it a stiffer ride if anything. Plus it's 3 bolts I believe, not 2.
This is your rear, 2 bolts on the top (FYI):

The only thing I can really see that concerns me is that the dust boot doesn't cover the shaft. Other than that, they look pretty well made.
Old 05-29-2009, 05:40 AM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Originally Posted by ucla bruin
How are these compared to Tanabes? Cost/performance/adjustability?
Tanabe only can adjust height, no dampening. K-Sport can adjust height, and dampening (36-way). Tanabe does not replace oem upper pillow ball, K-Sport does, K-Sport built as 2 in 1 true coil format for the rear, and the price range is around the same, but don't quote me on that im not 100% sure.

Originally Posted by san~man
This is your rear, 2 bolts on the top (FYI):

The only thing I can really see that concerns me is that the dust boot doesn't cover the shaft. Other than that, they look pretty well made.

hrrrm..nope..its 3 bolts

Quick Reply: Review K-Sport Kontrol Pro Coilovers