Brakes, Suspension, Wheels & Tires
Rollers and Rubbers (View All Posts)

Review K-Sport Kontrol Pro Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 09:47 AM
FlyingLumpia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Those are the fronts. The rears are two on top and one on the bottom.
Old 05-29-2009, 11:52 AM
n_jay888

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Yo 2c! Thanks for hooking me up with your eibachs dude. The drop on your car with that coils looked great. I'm gonna save up for that too.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:48 PM
TIMMAY

you've been converted? wow.. guess 2c's car is already payin off for KSPORRRRRT.. what bout the tanabes?
Old 05-29-2009, 06:19 PM
san~man

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by G37Rider92649
hrrrm..nope..its 3 bolts

That's the fronts bro. The pic I posted is the rear. Front=3 bolt, rear=2.
Old 05-29-2009, 07:22 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
o0o0o cool, thanks, ill check on that man.
Old 05-29-2009, 07:48 PM
RedG37SNC

Thanks for the review, when you say much stiffer did you go from stock to these or were you already on springs.

The price for these is so nice it actually causes me some concern, either the other companies are gouging you for name sake or KSport cut production cost somewhere... I'm feeling that too good to be true hair rising. That place you'll most likely notice it will be in how long they last. I hope these do work out, it would be great to have a quality fully adjustable coilover in this price range. Keep us posted!
Old 05-29-2009, 07:59 PM
StopTheExcuses

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RedG37SNC
Thanks for the review, when you say much stiffer did you go from stock to these or were you already on springs.

The price for these is so nice it actually causes me some concern, either the other companies are gouging you for name sake or KSport cut production cost somewhere... I'm feeling that too good to be true hair rising. That place you'll most likely notice it will be in how long they last. I hope these do work out, it would be great to have a quality fully adjustable coilover in this price range. Keep us posted!
I'm honestly wondering the same thing. I'm not trying to cause any ruckus with the OP at all, but I've always heard K sport to only be a *marginal* lower level coilover.

I come from the Nissan 240sx crowd, as I own one myself, and everybody compares the KSport coilovers to Megan Racing (Some actually say they are made by the same company), or D2 Coilovers. Both semi-bottom of the barrell. Take it for what its worth, just putting that info out there. Also, my buddy has Ksports on his 05 STI (380whp on mustang dyno, 11.9 in the quarter) and has already had to replace the pillowball mount on one of them in under ten thousand miles.

That being said, congrats OP, I hope you enjoy them and that they last a long time!!!

On a side note, I ordered the Tanabe Sustec S-OC's for DIRTY cheap. It does have me wondering how good they can be because they were sooooo cheap for a full coilover system. I will know in a little bit!
Old 06-01-2009, 03:03 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

^ Enjoy your tanabes! I was looking into that for fun but correct me if im wrong u cant adjust the dampening correct?

Hey guys! No worries! I promise to keep driving like a maniac and put these coils to a push! I drive it hard constantly everyday and put it the test everyday. So far so good, trust me, I'm a JIC Coil guy, but it doesn't hurt to test it out. I'm just like you guys! Too good to be true, good price, heck im still young, got some money laying around, lets test it out and stop the wonderous Write my review and keep everyone posted. It's not like im going to have these coils forever anyways, im the type that switches out yearly like shoes

As for stiffness, these coils drop loooow and they can get stiiiiiiff the true coil design makes it stiff. Theres really no rebound or any up and down movements, its str8 stiff, go off a slanted driveway i get 1-2 wheels in the air slipping LOL. But lower the dampening and it rides very very comfortable, im 20/36 and im comfortable and if i need to make a crazy turn, no problem.
Old 06-01-2009, 04:44 PM
StopTheExcuses

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by G37Rider92649
^ Enjoy your tanabes! I was looking into that for fun but correct me if im wrong u cant adjust the dampening correct?

Hey guys! No worries! I promise to keep driving like a maniac and put these coils to a push! I drive it hard constantly everyday and put it the test everyday. So far so good, trust me, I'm a JIC Coil guy, but it doesn't hurt to test it out. I'm just like you guys! Too good to be true, good price, heck im still young, got some money laying around, lets test it out and stop the wonderous Write my review and keep everyone posted. It's not like im going to have these coils forever anyways, im the type that switches out yearly like shoes

As for stiffness, these coils drop loooow and they can get stiiiiiiff the true coil design makes it stiff. Theres really no rebound or any up and down movements, its str8 stiff, go off a slanted driveway i get 1-2 wheels in the air slipping LOL. But lower the dampening and it rides very very comfortable, im 20/36 and im comfortable and if i need to make a crazy turn, no problem.
Yes sir, you are correct, the Tanabe's have no dampening what so ever. Good luck with your K sports, if you like them, and they ride good to you, screw everybody else! I will check back later to see your down the road review.
Old 06-01-2009, 06:23 PM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
2C, I can do a 'performance' review for you Join me on a track day and I'll instruct for ya

Just to clarify, the bound/rebound adjustment is one ****, and low-speed only, correct? (High speed is pre-set from the factory)

Seems like a good set of coils for those on a budget, but want improved performance and adjustability over factory!
Old 06-01-2009, 06:34 PM
TIMMAY

i don't think he can track with his current setup... =P

bye bye fiberglass..
Old 06-01-2009, 06:44 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Great review!
Old 06-02-2009, 02:26 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Originally Posted by Mike
2C, I can do a 'performance' review for you Join me on a track day and I'll instruct for ya

Just to clarify, the bound/rebound adjustment is one ****, and low-speed only, correct? (High speed is pre-set from the factory)

Seems like a good set of coils for those on a budget, but want improved performance and adjustability over factory!
fvcker! we have 2 different racing concepts! lol, i like urban warfare, u like mountain warfare HAHAHA

Timmay ur right, my shiet will crack in half where Mike goes to have fun
Old 06-02-2009, 02:53 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^hahahah
Old 06-02-2009, 03:10 PM
TIMMAY

2c, with your new KKKKKKKKKKKK-SPORTS you could always raise your car to 8x8 monster truck status to be on the safe side.. =P

Quick Reply: Review K-Sport Kontrol Pro Coilovers