Rollers and Rubbers (View All Posts)

GT Spec Rear Lower Tie Brace: need info

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 01:06 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by Ivoidwarranties
NJ, I'm way ahead of you (your suggestions that is).

BB, I remember you saying that before and it's stuck in my head.

Ham, thanks for the tip. I'm on a lot of different forums and couldn't figure that out.
I think I said it about the Tanabe front under brace, but the same applies to the rear as well. I thought it would be useless but it's not. Anything that makes the body more rigid helps.
Old 01-20-2009, 01:07 AM
NJlakeshoreG
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i saw the gifts u got her!! good stuff u did the right thing dude!! thats a perfect suspenison for daily driving!!!
Old 01-20-2009, 01:14 AM
Ivoidwarranties
Premier Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by NJlakeshoreG
i saw the gifts u got her!! good stuff u did the right thing dude!! thats a perfect suspenison for daily driving!!!
Not done. There are two more packages on the way (relatively big) that should be here in the next two weeks.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:14 AM
NJlakeshoreG
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Not done. There are two more packages on the way (relatively big) that should be here in the next two weeks.
lol..WTF whats comin homie????
Old 01-20-2009, 11:19 AM
Ivoidwarranties
Premier Member

Originally Posted by NJlakeshoreG
lol..WTF whats comin homie????
I can't say because I might ruin the surprise if you know what I mean. But, I'll try and give you a hint. I got a hot kiss from a girl last time we went swinging at the bar. And, I suspect my dentist will install a 6th mount on my braces soon.

Hint: we don't swing and I don't have braces. Remember, I said relatively bigger boxes (at least heavier).
Old 01-20-2009, 11:50 AM
finagle69

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
I think I said it about the Tanabe front under brace, but the same applies to the rear as well. I thought it would be useless but it's not. Anything that makes the body more rigid helps.
QFT. I was skeptical about it, because it was so light. After cruising and taking turns, it's amazing what that little front under brace could do!

Thanks Jeremy!
Old 01-20-2009, 12:41 PM
elite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"I don't really have a girlfriend, but I know a chic who'd be pissed if she heard me say that." - Mitch Hedberg.

R.I.P.

"I hate turtlenecks. I have such a weak neck. Plus if you wear a turtleneck it's like being strangled by a really weak guy ... all day. And if you wear a turtleneck and a backpack it's like a weak midget trying to bring you down."
- Mitch Hedberg
Old 01-21-2009, 10:31 AM
Ivoidwarranties
Premier Member

I remember now, you were talking about that front brace. That baffles me even more as that brace looks like it would do very little to nothing.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:56 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
I remember now, you were talking about that front brace. That baffles me even more as that brace looks like it would do very little to nothing.
Exactly. That is what I thought when I saw it and especially when I got it - I think it weighs maybe a pound if that. I couldn't tell at first that it was doing anything, the crossmemeber it's attached to is pretty sturdy. When I took it off though, there was a very noticeable difference. I immediately felt the front end wasn't as stable in a straight line.
Old 01-21-2009, 02:33 PM
VIP G

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
I can't say because I might ruin the surprise if you know what I mean. But, I'll try and give you a hint. I got a hot kiss from a girl last time we went swinging at the bar. And, I suspect my dentist will install a 6th mount on my braces soon.

Hint: we don't swing and I don't have braces. Remember, I said relatively bigger boxes (at least heavier).
aka sways from a "hot" company
Old 10-19-2013, 08:35 AM
JMS2000

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Sorry to dig up an old thread but I recently asked a similar question about the rear lower tie brace in this thread: https://www.myg37.com/forums/brakes-...is-braces.html.

OP, can you provide some design/installation details about the rear tie brace now that you've installed it? It looks like it ties the two rear toe bolts together. Doesn't the distance between the toe bolts vary for alignment purposes? It looks like the brace is a solid piece and not adjustable so I don't understand how it can be installed. Or does the brace also have elongated slots to permit the toe bolts' adjustment range? Also, did the installation of the brace affect your toe at all? Was an alignment required afterwards? I also have the SPC rear toe kit installed. Would you know if the brace is compatible?

Thanks, and sorry moderators for the cross-posted thread. I asked this question along with other brace-related questions in a single post before I found this thread. Feel free to merge them if you want.