adjusting toe with camber arms

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2022, 05:47 PM
Wide boi
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
adjusting toe with camber arms

so recently there was a series of unfortunate events and i had to replace some of my suspension parts. Swapped out the sway bar and end links, spring bucket and camber arms. I ended up going with z1 adjustable camber arms everything fit nicely except for having an insane amount of toe in. Took it to get an alignment and he said he couldn't get the toe in spec without giving it hella negative camber. He said something about an adjustable spring bucket but I'm pretty sure that's not a thing unless you're running true coilovers, I'm just on lowering springs. So my question is if I were to buy adjustable traction arms would I be able to get my toe in spec with those?

i guess its worth saying i hit a barrier sideways and broke the right side spring bucket, bent the camber arms, broke the end links and bent the sway bar. also had to replace the bearing and outer tie rod in front but the front is fine now. When i got the alignment he had the left side in spec with the new camber arms but couldn't get the right. so if i do get the traction arms and get the toe in spec, would it be that big of an issue it wasnt able to with the stock arms. wow im bad at explaining, its just something in the back of my mind saying even if you fix the alignment there is still something else that is wrong.

Appreciate you all
Old 02-10-2022, 06:34 PM
2.2Lude
Registered Member

Received 184 Likes on 128 Posts
The barrier hit could throw a wrench in it but a set of SPC eccentric toe bolts(+ radius material off) should solve your issue in an ideal world.

https://www.z1motorsports.com/suspen...f31ed6af987e6b

Install:

https://cdn.z1motorsports.com/upload...20template.pdf

Additionally since you have the camber arms installed already, you should eliminate the factory camber eccentric bolts with a lockout kit to avoid potential slipping:

https://www.z1motorsports.com/z1-pro...66ba6ff453d14a
Old 02-10-2022, 07:21 PM
Wide boi
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so on z1 it says it will adjust +- 2.00° of toe, on the paper from my alignment it says i have +3.01° of toe, would the traction arm be able to do the other 1°?

on the left side it says my toe is 3.32° and they got that to .07° without a problem so i definitely think there is something that is bent and im just not seeing it

ok so from my understanding if i were to install traction arms to change the toe it would also throw off the caster, the only way to adjust the toe would be the oem eccentric bolts. or the spc ones. so my spring perch is bent just enough its not noticeable?? if that is the case i could get another one for like $150 and see if that fixes it, or i could go the coilover route and get a toe arm which would be able to be set to the correct length with room for more. would my assumption be correct?

Last edited by Wide boi; 02-10-2022 at 08:26 PM.