Brakes & Suspension Reviews on brakes & suspension for G vehicles.

Review Quick Review - Centric Posi Quiet Ceramic Brake Pads

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2020, 09:28 PM
heedtheninja67
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Quick Review - Centric Posi Quiet Ceramic Brake Pads

Decided to go with these because they were supposedly low dust, last long, price, had good reviews overall, and recommended by Z1 for daily driving. Bought cheaper from Rock Auto though. They are very quiet and low vibration, as labeled, but I wouldn't say they're super low dust. I do have slotted rotors now though, so not sure how much that affected it. One thing that stands out is the noticeable lack of initial bite compared to OEM. It's good enough stopping power for most DD scenarios, but something I wasn't used to and not super confidence inducing. Slightly better once heated up, but not much. I've gotten used to it now, but if I was to do it over again I would've spent the extra money on some Akebono's.

Old 10-07-2021, 01:17 PM
VibrantSedan13
Registered Member

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts
I just installed as yesterday and they feel pretty good so far
Old 10-07-2021, 06:00 PM
x818ray
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
lack of initial bite was my main complaint with stoptech/centric pads, street and pro versions. it felt like air in the lines. i ran them on stock and centric blanks that developed brake shudder as well. i don't know if z1 2pc rotors would make a difference with those pads. i found z1 2pc rotors and oem akebono pads are best for daily and spirited driving. great cold/hot bite and modulation... (make sure to buy the updated oem pads/hardware/shim kit to help eliminate the infamous brake squeal...do your research!)
Old 12-09-2023, 04:35 PM
vqbreezy
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by heedtheninja67
Decided to go with these because they were supposedly low dust, last long, price, had good reviews overall, and recommended by Z1 for daily driving. Bought cheaper from Rock Auto though. They are very quiet and low vibration, as labeled, but I wouldn't say they're super low dust. I do have slotted rotors now though, so not sure how much that affected it. One thing that stands out is the noticeable lack of initial bite compared to OEM. It's good enough stopping power for most DD scenarios, but something I wasn't used to and not super confidence inducing. Slightly better once heated up, but not much. I've gotten used to it now, but if I was to do it over again I would've spent the extra money on some Akebono's.

I got this kit from Z1 about a year ago, centric Posi ceramic brake pads and z1 slotted and drilled rotors, with stainless steel lines. The brakes are pretty decent compared to OEM but due to the cold weather, they squeal tremendously loud and in some cases even after driving around for a while and getting them warmed up they still squeal, I had them checked out and they still have plenty of life left.

don’t know if I should just switch them out for Akebono pads or apply anti-squealing lubricants to them.

let me know what I can do for this