For guys that are low, does your front UCA hit your fender well?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2016, 04:43 AM
larryw
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
For guys that are low, does your front UCA hit your fender well?

Hi guys,

I was just curious for those guys that are low (tucking tire or more), is the G37 known to have the front upper control arm bottom out or hitting the top of the fender well on bumps when you're too low? I just ask this because I'm used to owning Lexus' which are infamous for this problem. I tried searching around to see if G37 owners had this kind of problem but I couldn't even find one thread where someone complained about this.

So anyone have any input? Do the G37 control arms just have that much more clearance than Lexus'?

Thanks in advance!
Old 06-02-2016, 08:21 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
If you are so low that there's not sufficient clearance between the arm and the body, yes it will make contact. Every car will if you drop it too much. Nbecause there's physically no room for suspension travel. For most people who lower it a more moderate or "normal" amount, it's not a problem.

If you want to lower beyond what's practical, just do like the other guys do who slam their cars: drive everywhere at 6 mph and only use very small gentle steering inputs.
Old 06-02-2016, 05:35 PM
larryw
Registered Member

I mean don't want to be super slammed, hella flush. But prob lower the car so there's no gap between the fender and tire. Do the G37 typically do well at that height? For IS300, you'd be hitting the front UCA on bumps if you didn't have high spring rates

Originally Posted by Black Betty
If you are so low that there's not sufficient clearance between the arm and the body, yes it will make contact. Every car will if you drop it too much. Nbecause there's physically no room for suspension travel. For most people who lower it a more moderate or "normal" amount, it's not a problem.

If you want to lower beyond what's practical, just do like the other guys do who slam their cars: drive everywhere at 6 mph and only use very small gentle steering inputs.
Old 06-02-2016, 06:41 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
I've been at zero gap for about 45k miles on coilovers and a bit lower than that on B&G springs. I have the SPC F&R camber arms and never had any impact that caused any contact to the fender, and I'm fairly certain there's quite a bit of room at that drop.
Old 06-02-2016, 06:43 PM
larryw
Registered Member

Thanks blnewt. That's what I've been wanting to hear!

Originally Posted by blnewt
I've been at zero gap for about 45k miles on coilovers and a bit lower than that on B&G springs. I have the SPC F&R camber arms and never had any impact that caused any contact to the fender, and I'm fairly certain there's quite a bit of room at that drop.