My mechanic ****ed up (need help)

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2016, 12:11 AM
kennyz424

Received 1,499 Likes on 1,272 Posts
Originally Posted by JeffG37x
Same here Kenny. I literally interviewed about 10 shops before deciding on one to install my springs. A few shops told me that I was crazy for asking so many questions and I was happy NOT to do business with these folks.

I also insist to talk to the person and meet the person who is working on my car before they even touch it . Then I watch them and bring my kids there the day of work so they know it's more than just me they can affect by doing something like this.
Same here Jeff any shop thay gives me an attitude or won't let me be present for certain things I won't even bother with them. But I'm lucky I found a guy who is great and even helps teach me while doing the work. Goes to show you that the old school guys are rhe rocks of rather mechanical industry

Originally Posted by VinceXS
Got everything fixed now, still alive, amen
How did you end up getting it fixed? Did you ever speak to the original mechanic who worked on it? I'm happy to hear everything ended up getting worked out
Old 04-05-2016, 12:18 AM
VinceXS

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by kennyz424
Same here Jeff any shop thay gives me an attitude or won't let me be present for certain things I won't even bother with them. But I'm lucky I found a guy who is great and even helps teach me while doing the work. Goes to show you that the old school guys are rhe rocks of rather mechanical industry

How did you end up getting it fixed? Did you ever speak to the original mechanic who worked on it? I'm happy to hear everything ended up getting worked out
Went to the dealer and installed it myself. My family has been going to this shop for close to 20 years now without any problem and we know the owner pretty well. The guy who worked on the car isn't the one that usually works on it and he's been told to get his head out of his ***.
Old 04-05-2016, 12:37 AM
kennyz424

Received 1,499 Likes on 1,272 Posts
The most important thing is that everything was fixed and now knowing the family has been a long time client with no previous issues within the past 20 years I guess it's safe to say that mistakes can be made but that mistake was just crazy lol
Old 06-05-2016, 11:52 PM
KidJai06
Registered Member

Received 132 Likes on 91 Posts
So not to completely revive an old post but as I got around to (finally) installing my springs this weekend and it dawned on me why OP's mechanic removed this bolt. On the X we have a fork that bolts to the bottom of the shock whereas the RWD guys don't. The easiest way to remove the whole shock/spring assembly is to remove the upper control arm bolt to allow it to swing out of the way to get the bolt out of the bottom of the fork as to not hit the tie rod.

Obviously still no excuse for not properly returning the bolt to its original location under proper torque however it does explain its removal....