G37X Sedan With Stance Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2016, 03:00 PM
ndbeyond

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
When I talked to Adam at RCA he told me that they work directly with Stance when building these for the AWD and that they are somewhat new. So depending on how it plays out, I am either going to be extremely satisfied with this purchase or have a huge regret with the purchase! Extremely anxious on getting these and will probably have these on sooner than I expected so they don't sit in the box for a couple months and then I find out they don't work..
They will be here tomorrow and I may have to install them on Friday or Saturday thanks for your concern Ryne!
The following users liked this post:
VIVID (02-10-2016)
Old 02-10-2016, 03:46 PM
VIVID
Pyroclastic Flow

Received 358 Likes on 277 Posts
Originally Posted by ndbeyond
When I talked to Adam at RCA he told me that they work directly with Stance when building these for the AWD and that they are somewhat new. So depending on how it plays out, I am either going to be extremely satisfied with this purchase or have a huge regret with the purchase! Extremely anxious on getting these and will probably have these on sooner than I expected so they don't sit in the box for a couple months and then I find out they don't work..
They will be here tomorrow and I may have to install them on Friday or Saturday thanks for your concern Ryne!
I am definitely looking forward to your feed back NDB. Do you happen to have a part number so when I am looking I can make sure I get the right thing. I know there is a G35 AWD set being offered...not sure if that's the same.

Thanks - Sean
Old 02-10-2016, 04:08 PM
ShuuraRG
Premier Member

Received 131 Likes on 106 Posts
I'm curious as well! It'll be nice to have more coilover options for the AWD models!
Old 02-10-2016, 04:43 PM
G37xsfun

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Looks like someone got a set installed at Next Level Performance.
https://www.instagram.com/p/-KjWHIAgYS/
Old 02-10-2016, 04:46 PM
Ryne
The Steering Wheel Guy

Received 560 Likes on 390 Posts
We appreciate you pioneering this effort and adding value to this forum by providing this information and the upcoming results.

Might be time for me to call Touge Factory for a quote...
Coltrane1 (03-28-2017)
Old 02-11-2016, 08:08 PM
HS125
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm curious to know. Why did they recommend the true coilover setup? Any insight?

Hope it works out great and you don't have to take one for the team!!
Old 02-12-2016, 11:47 PM
ndbeyond

Hey guys so the coils came in yesterday! Just wanted to see if these looked right before I brought them to my tech to have them installed or try to have them installed
The front stock struts seem to have a bracket of some sort on them that I am not seeing on these... Any idea what it is or if it's needed...
G37X Sedan With Stance Coilovers-photo60.jpg
Old 02-12-2016, 11:53 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Hey guys so the coils came in yesterday! Just wanted to see if these looked right before I brought them to my tech to have them installed or try to have them installed
The front stock struts seem to have a bracket of some sort on them that I am not seeing on these... Any idea what it is or if it's needed...
Attachment 118212
Don't know how the front lower mount attaches (since I have a RWD) but the Megan AWD coilovers have the same front setup, you must have to reuse the OEM front lower mount on the coilovers. Similar to having to use OEM top mounts on some coilovers.
Old 02-12-2016, 11:59 PM
ndbeyond

Originally Posted by blnewt
Don't know how the front lower mount attaches (since I have a RWD) but the Megan AWD coilovers have the same front setup, you must have to reuse the OEM front lower mount on the coilovers. Similar to having to use OEM top mounts on some coilovers.
That would make sense... And should not
Be an issue. I talked to him yesterday when I received them and he said it should be an easy install, and he has thrown two sets on g37 AWD sedans.. So I will keep everyone updated! The plan is to have them on next Saturday!
Old 02-15-2016, 05:20 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Received 399 Likes on 330 Posts
Attachment 118212

These look very nice. Can't wait for more updates. I'm curious, though, does Stance offer a helper spring option for these?
Old 02-15-2016, 06:34 PM
ShuuraRG
Premier Member

Attachment 118212
That looks about right!! My Ksports were the same! This is good stuff!!

I wish I'd taken a picture with them out of the box...
Coltrane1 (03-28-2017)
Old 02-15-2016, 10:59 PM
ndbeyond

Originally Posted by 2GoRNot2G
These look very nice. Can't wait for more updates. I'm curious, though, does Stance offer a helper spring option for these?
I'm not sure if they do! I don't think so though...
Old 02-15-2016, 11:00 PM
ndbeyond

Alright guys 5 more days til these are on! Will have pics up right away! G37X Sedan With Stance Coilovers-photo100.jpg
Old 02-15-2016, 11:03 PM
ndbeyond

Current look on my POS Tanabe Springs.
They will be for sale though if anyone is into saggy butts! G37X Sedan With Stance Coilovers-photo668.jpg
Old 02-16-2016, 07:32 AM
ShuuraRG
Premier Member

Current look on my POS Tanabe Springs.
They will be for sale though if anyone is into saggy butts! Attachment 118266
That's a great location in the background of your image!!

Quick Reply: G37X Sedan With Stance Coilovers