Anyone have tanabe comfort r coilovers ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2016, 07:27 PM
Phx-G37s

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Anyone have tanabe comfort r coilovers ?

Update**
I have since bought these coils, and I must say they rock! I was a little apprehensive being the guniea pig, but glad I went for it.
When I got Em on I was waiting for my 20 vossen vf051 to be finished, so I put on my 370z 19 rays and slammed it to like a lil under 25" I think so I know they can go really low. I then got my main wheels back on and aligned and raised up a lil. They ride great, it's about same as sport springs feel, a little tighter. Handles very well and is very comfortable.
Overall, if you are looking for coils that are very smooth and close to oem as possible, then these are the ones. A lot of ppl didn't even think I was on coils. It is a lil tighter and can feel bumps slightly more. Handling is good, improved and responsive. I haven't tracked Em or taken Em on a really aggressive run yet, but so far it feels like they would be ok. Probably lil soft to be tracking them a lot, but for the occasional spirited driving/track would be ok, but perfect for the daily.
I also was only just barely out of spec, prolly don't even need camber kits where I am now, but I may get rear just to get the exact fitment I want.

Hey I know there are a lot of ppl with tanabe pro soc coils, but tanabe has these new comfort r coilovers out now. Does anyone have these yet?

I'm thinking about pulling trigger on them but was hoping someone had them and could tell me opinion.

They have the pro 210 springs, new KYB shocks, and all the other features of the pro soc set. Downside is no damper adjustments, but as I won't be super in to tracking it I'm not too worried. Would be nice but it's only occasional track or very aggressive driving days. Looking for comfortable ride with minor drop to get rid of wheel gap and improved handling.

I read someone had called tanabe and they said it's basically new improved pro soc set with a focus on comfort while not compromising performance.

I can get a set of kW v3 for about $1k, but they have 25k miles on them, so idk it seems like a lot of miles, dont wanna have to get new shocks or revalve them.

Also considered the stance oem style coils, but they are a little more, and I also have a $800 credit on Amazon and they don't offer stance...lol. Just kW, hks, tanabe, Megan, d2, ark, ksport, Tein, and bc.

Last edited by Phx-G37s; 05-11-2016 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Bought coils
Old 01-12-2016, 10:23 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by Phx-G37s
Hey I know there are a lot of ppl with tanabe pro soc coils, but tanabe has these new comfort r coilovers out now. Does anyone have these yet?

I'm thinking about pulling trigger on them but was hoping someone had them and could tell me opinion.

They have the pro 210 springs, new KYB shocks, and all the other features of the pro soc set. Downside is no damper adjustments, but as I won't be super in to tracking it I'm not too worried. Would be nice but it's only occasional track or very aggressive driving days. Looking for comfortable ride with minor drop to get rid of wheel gap and improved handling.

I read someone had called tanabe and they said it's basically new improved pro soc set with a focus on comfort while not compromising performance.

I can get a set of kW v3 for about $1k, but they have 25k miles on them, so idk it seems like a lot of miles, dont wanna have to get new shocks or revalve them.

Also considered the stance oem style coils, but they are a little more, and I also have a $800 credit on Amazon and they don't offer stance...lol. Just kW, hks, tanabe, Megan, d2, ark, ksport, Tein, and bc.
Might take a look at the KSport true coilover setups, they have a pretty solid lineup from the more basic through track duty sets.
Old 01-13-2016, 03:03 AM
Phx-G37s

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Hmm ksport? I'll have to take a closer look, I thought I had only heard not so good things about quality. Also, I thought the true coilover type was extra stress on the chassis for our cars and was prone to noise.

The 800 reference is not my total budget, it's just a reason I'll probably being buying a set from Amazon. Shooting for 900-1200 range.

Thanks for looking though...ill check Em out.