Alignment adventure.

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2015, 12:38 AM
goon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Alignment adventure.

Here's a story about my alignment adventure.

As some of you guys may know, I'm pretty new to the forums, I posted a introductory a few weeks back. My car is lowered and finding a shop to do my alignment is pretty hard, so I went to one shop who claimed they could do my alignment, and they probably could've... If my car was raised... They told me my car wouldn't make it onto the alignment rack. So as I was leaving, ready to pull out onto the Main Street I looked to my left and noticed a truck backing up. Coming directly for my car. There wasn't much I could do, reversing would've only caused me to hit him, pulling forward would've resulted into heavy flowing traffic to take my life.

It was clearly his fault, police came and gave us an accident report, I searched his insurance company on Google because I had never head of it and the reviews said 1.1 / 5 stars... Will a sketchy company like such affect me in anyway when it comes to getting my car repaired? I don't want to be stuck with a poor repair job that I'm not satisfied with.
Attached Thumbnails Alignment adventure.-photo199.jpg   Alignment adventure.-photo714.jpg   Alignment adventure.-photo20.jpg   Alignment adventure.-photo664.jpg   Alignment adventure.-photo892.jpg  

Old 12-31-2015, 05:59 AM
Surfnazi
Registered Member

Received 176 Likes on 165 Posts
The location of the hit will be expensive. It's not replacing a front fender your rear is a large section. Make sure shop is icar certified and go after diminished value.
Old 12-31-2015, 06:39 AM
User 122320
Registered Member

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts
Damn that sucks. Rear quarter panel and body lines. I would demand a new panel. Bondo and hammer aint gonna fix the body lines.

Did you try honking while the truck was reversing?
Old 12-31-2015, 07:18 AM
VIVID
Pyroclastic Flow

Received 358 Likes on 277 Posts
That really is a bad spot. Sorry to see that.

At least you were hit by another Nissan product...

Sean
Old 12-31-2015, 08:15 AM
kickintheglass
Registered Member

Received 113 Likes on 79 Posts
Sorry to hear about this. You probably made the right decision though, I'm sure a lot of people would have tried avoiding the truck only to cause more damage.

On a side note, what an interesting combination of wheels. Were you planning to switch out the rear to match the front...or is that just your thing?
Old 12-31-2015, 08:21 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Ouch!
No way to end your year At least you weren't hurt, but like others have said that's a tough spot for the repair. Our sedan was hit just front of where yours was and needed 2 new doors, new door pillar & rocker panel, came out to $8k in repair charges. Hard to say what that will come to but best of luck through this. Dealing w/ a sketchy insurance company won't make things easier but getting your insurance company involved to push them along is what I would do.
G/L
Old 12-31-2015, 01:00 PM
Randy Johnson
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Wow that sucks. I really don't think it would be that hard for a body shop to repair though.
PS: why do you have 2 different wheels?
Old 12-31-2015, 02:07 PM
goon

Originally Posted by kickintheglass
Sorry to hear about this. You probably made the right decision though, I'm sure a lot of people would have tried avoiding the truck only to cause more damage.

On a side note, what an interesting combination of wheels. Were you planning to switch out the rear to match the front...or is that just your thing?
Originally Posted by Randy Johnson
Wow that sucks. I really don't think it would be that hard for a body shop to repair though.
PS: why do you have 2 different wheels?
The toe on my alignment is off and it chewed up the tires

Originally Posted by clutchfan
Damn that sucks. Rear quarter panel and body lines. I would demand a new panel. Bondo and hammer aint gonna fix the body lines.

Did you try honking while the truck was reversing?

I have an aftermarket steering wheel and the horn isn't connected

But yes, my hand did reach for the horn, but my brain just said no point.
Old 12-31-2015, 02:39 PM
Surfnazi
Registered Member

Received 176 Likes on 165 Posts
The horn not being connected could diminish your claim
Old 12-31-2015, 08:27 PM
goon

Originally Posted by Surfnazi
The horn not being connected could diminish your claim
What aftermarket steering wheel ?
Old 01-01-2016, 01:44 AM
-SnowMan-

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Off topic... are your front wheels BMW 7 series wheels?
Old 01-01-2016, 09:17 PM
goon

Originally Posted by -SnowMan-
Off topic... are your front wheels BMW 7 series wheels?
Indeed they are
Old 01-01-2016, 11:06 PM
JUMBO PALACE
Registered Member

Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Bad luck man. In regards to your alignment, did you get a camber kit installed when you lowered the car?
Old 01-01-2016, 11:09 PM
Mr_Mer

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
The way I see it, you were stopped waiting for an opening in traffic to merge into the lane, your attention on the road ahead not on the truck backing up towards you. Horn connected or not, your attention was directed at the traffic, not on the truck backing up so there was no way you could have honked.

See if it sticks.
Old 01-02-2016, 01:08 AM
Broken Arrow

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If the "at fault" party's insurance if slim shady, you may want to present the claim to your insurance and have them later surrogate the claim on your behalf. Unfortunately, it will cost you a collision deductible up front and once your rental coverage maxes out, your insurance may pull the direct billing on your rental car. To add to your dilemma, you cannot persue a DV claim against your own insurer.

If Elephant or whatever species of coverage this guy has is willing to accept liability, you may want to persue his at-fault insurer and find a shop that will not sell you out on a compromised property damage appraisal and subsequent repair. DV claims can vary by state and insurance company, so If you got banged around, you may want to persue a personal injury claim, but you must seek initial medical treatment within 72 hours of the accident to bolster your case.

Quick Reply: Alignment adventure.