Question about OEM Springs

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2015, 10:35 AM
ZenZiglar

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Question about OEM Springs

I have a 2009 G37X and need to know if there is a difference between the OEM springs on the front, and the OEM springs on the back.

I'm getting ready to have my Swift springs replaced. I saved the OEMs and want to put them back on but I need to know which ones go where. I hope all 4 are the same and it makes no difference.

Thanks guys!
Old 12-22-2015, 10:59 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by ZenZiglar
I have a 2009 G37X and need to know if there is a difference between the OEM springs on the front, and the OEM springs on the back.

I'm getting ready to have my Swift springs replaced. I saved the OEMs and want to put them back on but I need to know which ones go where. I hope all 4 are the same and it makes no difference.

Thanks guys!
They definitely will be different w/ different spring rates front & back and probably different lengths. Not sure but there may be part #s printed or stamped on the springs. I don't have my RWD OEMs handy to confirm though.

**Just confirmed, at least on the RWD (and should be the same on the AWD) the rears are bigger in coil diameter, pretty obvious when you have them side by side, hopefully the AWD will be as obvious. G/L

Last edited by blnewt; 12-22-2015 at 11:07 AM.
The following users liked this post:
ZenZiglar (12-22-2015)
Old 12-22-2015, 11:38 AM
ZenZiglar

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I got a little worried about the difference between RWD and AWD so I called the dealer. The parts guy talked to a mechanic and confirmed exactly what blnewt said above. The rears are bigger in diameter.

This will be noticeable during installation because they fit into a "bucket" that holds the springs. The fronts are smaller since they attach to the strut.

For future reference I'll share details about part numbers:

Front start with 54010
Rear start with 55020