Saggy rear end with lowering springs..

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2015, 05:03 PM
muadib

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Saggy rear end with lowering springs..

So I guess no one makes springs specifically for the vert?
I really do not like the saggy rear that Eibach, HR, or even Swift springs provide. I guess I can install just front Eibachs and leave rear stock but not sure how that would affect the handling of the car with diff spring rates.

I also thought about doubling the bottom rear spring pad then installing Eibachs or HR's..By doing this it should compensate for the saggy drop right?

Yes I know coilovers exists..Im just thinking about springs right now.
Old 10-20-2015, 08:22 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
That is the curse w/ the vert right now. Until a company steps up & makes a lowering spring specific to your car there's not much you can do. You could try the double pad approach but dunno, think I'd just keep saving for COs.
G/L if you give it a try, post your results.
Old 10-27-2015, 01:10 AM
37vert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is the very reason I've been "embracing" the sag on the eibach coupe springs for about a year now. What makes it even worse is the +25 spacers I put on the 20's in the rear (just to bring the offset out closer to the fender), now the extra loss in leverage for the rear axles makes me feel like I'm driving a boat (even with the stillen sway bars on full stiffness adjustment).

This is not my daily driver, it just sits in the garage with almost no miles on it. At this point the only interaction I have with the car is when I walk by it on the way to work and just shake my head in disgust... If only I would have found this forum before I paid $58k for the car 2 years ago.

I wish I was better connected with a fabrication shop, to make me some rear adjustable upper camber arms, find the right spring/coil for the set, and an honest wheel shop to find the right offset wheels, so I can run without spacers. This is not rocket science, its just suspension and camber for a dang car!

What gets me is why Nissan made a completely different rear end for the vert, when I'm sure they could have used the standard coupe rear with minor adjustments to other things. I studied and compared the rear suspension parts in the manual hard. I bought this car assuming (like many other people I know) that the coupe/vert parts would all be the same, and I knew there was a growing aftermarket for the coupe.