Sedan guys with KW - what heights are you running?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2015, 03:17 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
G/L, let us know how this works out for you. It's too bad you'd be sacrificing the warranty but better to have it set just the way you want. Plus I haven't heard of anyone making a warranty claim on their KWs around here.
Old 09-14-2015, 04:37 PM
taek

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
yea Let us know how it goes. I am going to call KW again sometime this week and see if they offer anything for me. Thanks.
Old 09-14-2015, 05:09 PM
takeapieandrun
Registered Member

Received 58 Likes on 50 Posts
Spacing the springs shares some rules with spacing the wheels - if the lug nuts/spring perch start to hang off by a few threads, that's getting dangerous. Glad you decided to keep it flush, hope the spacer install goes easy.
Old 09-22-2015, 12:58 PM
taek

any updates?
Old 09-22-2015, 04:43 PM
Falker11
Premier Member

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by taek
any updates?
Spring spacers were delivered over the weekend. I got them direct from KW. I got them to come down in price just a little bit but no luck getting them comp'd. Hopefully will install sometime this week.
Old 09-22-2015, 05:03 PM
rks
Registered Member

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
Let us know how it goes. I'm waiting until spring before I put in the spacers and getting corner balance at that time as well. I'm also considering having my suspension shop figure out how to reach the top rear adjustments. Any guesses to where the shock tower exits?
Old 09-22-2015, 07:07 PM
Falker11
Premier Member

Originally Posted by rks
Let us know how it goes. I'm waiting until spring before I put in the spacers and getting corner balance at that time as well. I'm also considering having my suspension shop figure out how to reach the top rear adjustments. Any guesses to where the shock tower exits?
I assume you have the variant 3 right? How do you have them set and which way are you looking to adjust? I'm just curious...I have the v1 so no adjustments on the shock. I do like how it's set so far though, really like the ride quality as it came from the factory.

Anyway i'm not sure where you can get to that adjustment without removing the shock. My guess is maybe you can drill through the trunk...maybe try pulling back the trunk liner and see if you can locate the 2 bolts that the shock attaches to that come through the body.

good luck - let me know if they are able to figure out how to reach it.
Old 09-22-2015, 09:14 PM
rks
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Falker11
I assume you have the variant 3 right? How do you have them set and which way are you looking to adjust? I'm just curious...I have the v1 so no adjustments on the shock. I do like how it's set so far though, really like the ride quality as it came from the factory.

Anyway i'm not sure where you can get to that adjustment without removing the shock. My guess is maybe you can drill through the trunk...maybe try pulling back the trunk liner and see if you can locate the 2 bolts that the shock attaches to that come through the body.

good luck - let me know if they are able to figure out how to reach it.
I do have the v3 and I want to tweak my ride. Right now it's better than OEM but I want a little more crisp ride along with the ability to change it quickly.
Old 09-22-2015, 09:42 PM
WillCo1
Registered Member

Received 68 Likes on 51 Posts
Sorry to intrude on your thread.

I installed the KW V1s on my Coupe a few weeks back.

Since then I have adjusted the fronts. Very straight forward and easy. Just use the coilover wrench and turn the collar (after removing the little screw, of course). Simple.

Are the rears the same way?

I did a search and can't find a definite answer.

I saw a Youtube video of an Audi with KW V1s and he had to insert a very long allen wrench from the underneath?

Thanks!
Old 09-22-2015, 10:18 PM
rks
Registered Member

The rears are similar when adjusting height. I have the v3 so i can adjust the damping and rebound which are on the bottom and top of the shocks.
Originally Posted by WillCo1

Since then I have adjusted the fronts. Very straight forward and easy. Just use the coilover wrench and turn the collar (after removing the little screw, of course). Simple.

I saw a Youtube video of an Audi with KW V1s and he had to insert a very long allen wrench from the underneath?

Thanks!
The following users liked this post:
WillCo1 (09-22-2015)
Old 09-23-2015, 01:08 AM
taek

Originally Posted by Falker11
Spring spacers were delivered over the weekend. I got them direct from KW. I got them to come down in price just a little bit but no luck getting them comp'd. Hopefully will install sometime this week.
nice. did you get the 30mm or 15mm? any pics on how they look? thanks. i will probably get them this week. hopefully they weren't that expensive..
Old 09-23-2015, 09:55 AM
Falker11
Premier Member

Originally Posted by WillCo1

Thanks!
I saw that audi video also.
I think the point of that allen wrench is to keep the entire perch from spinning when you use the spanner wrench on the collar.

For our cars the perch sits into 3 metal tabs that sit down from the body of the car. So this keeps the entire perch from spinning when using the spanner on the collar. I know KW instructions say to remove the entire perch to adjust height in the rear but I didn't have any trouble doing it on the car.
Old 01-11-2016, 02:22 PM
taek

any updates on your spacers? Did they send you 15mm or 30mm? Do you know the name of the person you got the spacers from? thanks