Lowering My G37 Coupe...

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2015, 11:58 AM
PearlPereZ

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Well then, I installed my last coilover. Now I just have to adjust the preload and height, but this is how the car is sitting right now:

Fronts are way too low, it rubs on the fender. The rears need to be a little more dropped, but other than that the car looks sexy
The following users liked this post:
hotdawwgman (12-12-2015)
Old 12-12-2015, 02:21 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
I'd raise the fronts first then see how the rears look, like I said earlier, the Teins are best when dropped no more than 2". When you raise the fronts the rears will change a little bit, at least that's been my experience.
Old 12-13-2015, 09:05 AM
G37Some

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts
looks great. i think the tein coils were a good choice for you and i may even consider the same in the future. I have the eibach pro kit springs and wanted the same results as you it sounds like - but i got more than i bargained for. my car ended up being slammed, similar to yours right now.

my front fender is 26" off the ground (center, above wheel cap) and the back is 27" and i have issues clearing 90% of speed bumps. i also have the motordyne catback and the muffle is in the middle of the car not at the back end, so it hangs a bit low there and ALWAYS scrapes. going off height, i would adjust your coils so your about ~26.75" to 27" in the front and maybe 27.25" back and you should be able to clear speed bumps and steep curbs and you will still have very little wheel gap.

the clearance on these cars when lowered is such a pain for daily driving.
Old 12-19-2015, 07:46 PM
PearlPereZ

So finished installing everything on my car. I dropped it to the height that i wanted to, and also just installed my motor dyne e370 today! ))) The exhaust scrapes not sure if i didn't adjust it correctly or if its just my lowered car. It seems like if one side of the exhaust is lower then the other side, anyone else have this problem? Its not a super bad scrape, but you can hear it scrapping while driving up my driveway or on a bumpy road. The exhaust sounds so great, I'm in loveeeeeeeee. Ill take a picture of my car tomrrow and see what you guys think. Oh and by the way, does anyone know if the little metal frame that "supports" the exhaust supposed to be put back on after installing the motor dyne exhaust? Not sure if my exhaust its too low or if its supposed to be eliminated. I'm talking about this:

i believe this is a g35, but I'm talking about that little metal frame that goes across. I left that out, maybe i didn't adjust my exhaust properly?

Last edited by PearlPereZ; 12-20-2015 at 10:20 AM.
Old 12-20-2015, 01:37 AM
G37Some

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts
exact same issue i have & described above. the muffler just hangs low.

life is tough =[
Old 12-20-2015, 08:00 AM
PearlPereZ

What about that little metal frame that holds that exhaust? Did you put that back on? I couldn't put mine back on, the mid pipes were hanging lower than the oem exhaust.
Old 12-20-2015, 11:02 AM
PearlPereZ

How my car sits right now. Edit: I just adjusted the pipes and they're a littler higher, but still scrapes lol. Its scraping on the muffler right behind the Y pipe, oh well.

Last edited by PearlPereZ; 12-20-2015 at 05:30 PM.
Old 12-23-2015, 08:34 AM
micafd3s

Received 114 Likes on 102 Posts
ive got the same adjustment issues.. the driver side sits lower than the passenger..
and no clearance to reinstall the cross brace.. haven't had issues with scraping yet... on eibachs and stock wheels
Attached Thumbnails Lowering My G37 Coupe...-20151219_111528.jpg  
Old 02-28-2016, 05:33 PM
SmoothJamaican

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
did u get the camber kit
Old 02-28-2016, 10:13 PM
G37sGraphite

Received 140 Likes on 115 Posts
Originally Posted by steez
Is the performance gain really worth the chance of damage ? (esp if you don't track or auto-X and just daily drive)
I feel like it's already pretty low stock. I find myself always careful when parking and going over speed bumps and exiting parking lots into the main street.
It rained pretty bad last weekend and if I wasn't on point I could have flooded my car.
I actually almost got stuck 3 times.
I counted about 20-30 cars that had to get towed away (none were sports cars --- just normal economy and sedans so not even as low as I am).

Perhaps it's aesthetics and people want to get rid of wheel gap?
No performance gain to dropping a car unless its balanced with other suspension goodies and done correctly....from what I see around here most are completely aesthetics...coming from a Corvette which is already low ...I am loving stock height. Dragging around town and worrying about pot holes, and speed bumps..... got real old..and on this car in some cases it detracts from its look and looks like its from the other side of the tracks....However, everyone has to experience the look at least once in life....
Old 03-08-2016, 12:43 PM
steez

Originally Posted by G37sGraphite
No performance gain to dropping a car unless its balanced with other suspension goodies and done correctly....from what I see around here most are completely aesthetics...coming from a Corvette which is already low ...I am loving stock height. Dragging around town and worrying about pot holes, and speed bumps..... got real old..and on this car in some cases it detracts from its look and looks like its from the other side of the tracks....However, everyone has to experience the look at least once in life....
LOL - Well despite my previous comment I am now considering lowering to improve handling and decrease wheelgap in anticipation of getting an IPL front

So the research begins... I'm looking at the Eibach Pro Kit (w sway bars) and the Tein Street Basis coilovers right now.
I just got the Southbend Stage 3 clutch w lightened flywheel installed last week!
So now the money pit has started. :sigh:
Old 04-24-2016, 11:17 AM
PearlPereZ

How my car currently sits with tein basis<br/>

Old 04-24-2016, 11:48 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Looking great there Mr. Perez, those BBS were a perfect choice too! Have you gotten better at avoiding situations where you're scraping now?
Old 04-24-2016, 01:11 PM
PearlPereZ

Originally Posted by blnewt
Looking great there Mr. Perez, those BBS were a perfect choice too! Have you gotten better at avoiding situations where you're scraping now?
Lol thanks! But sadly I'm still scraping my exhaust, it usually happens at very steep driveways. But like my daily routine I'm not scraping, only when I go to unusual places 🤔
Old 04-24-2016, 01:49 PM
kennyz424

Received 1,499 Likes on 1,272 Posts
You're car looks awesome man! I'm loving that drop with those wheels!

I wish Tein made coils for an awd that's a GREAT PRICE! Cheapest I could find for my 2010 coupe X is probably the stance true coils which cost more than double that price...

Quick Reply: Lowering My G37 Coupe...