Ride Height Does Not Change After Adjusting Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2015, 09:36 PM
san~man

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
If the height difference between the L and the R collars are drastically different, then there is probably another underlying problem. The height measurement from L to R should be close.
Old 01-16-2015, 11:39 PM
Rogue_G

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
You are eager to help and usually right in your advice so no biggie. Most coilovers for our cars do adjust that way. Tanabe is a much cheaper design entry level coilover so they don't. Probably the only reason I knew that is because I have them so don't beat yourself up. I'm still gonna throw a thanks on your post because you tried to help.

I don't know why they are that way, but with these Tanabes it seems sometimes you will adjust them a lot and it doesn't change the ride height very much. Also keep in mind that they will still settle a little after driving for a few days so beware that you may have to do more adjustment then.
Will do Black Betty, thanks again!
Old 01-16-2015, 11:41 PM
Rogue_G

Originally Posted by san~man
If the height difference between the L and the R collars are drastically different, then there is probably another underlying problem. The height measurement from L to R should be close.
Hey san~man. I thought so too but after thinking a little more into it, it actually makes some sense given that the gas tank is on the left side and the driver weight is also on the left side.
Old 01-17-2015, 05:08 AM
san~man

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Rogue_G
Hey san~man. I thought so too but after thinking a little more into it, it actually makes some sense given that the gas tank is on the left side and the driver weight is also on the left side.
A little variance is ok, but I guess you need to quantify what you mean when you said "A LOT."
Old 01-21-2015, 02:51 PM
InspiredMan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
tanabe posted this up before, You can flip the rear lower seat and lock seat to go lower depending on how you have it adjusted.

Old 02-12-2015, 03:02 AM
Rogue_G

Originally Posted by InspiredMan
tanabe posted this up before, You can flip the rear lower seat and lock seat to go lower depending on how you have it adjusted.

Woah good find InspiredMan, appreciate that! Luckily I was able to get everything adjusted properly!