Do we really need a camber kit for TEIN lower spring?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2015, 02:01 AM
veils1de

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by blnewt
The Eibach is the same as the SPC sets. Check w/ Luke at THMotorsports for good deals.
https://www.myg37.com/forums/brakes-...torsports.html
thanks. do you advise waiting for alignment to decide whether i'll need them? i dont want to ruin my tires, but those kits arent cheap either
Old 02-04-2015, 08:26 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by veils1de
thanks. do you advise waiting for alignment to decide whether i'll need them? i dont want to ruin my tires, but those kits arent cheap either
I'd at least get the rear set, you can always install the front at a later date.
Keep in mind how much it costs to replace a set of tires twice as often, the cost then becomes pretty affordable IMO.

Last edited by blnewt; 02-04-2015 at 08:40 AM.
Old 02-04-2015, 08:45 AM
G37Xtreme

Received 104 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
I'd at least get the rear set, you can always install the front at a later date.
Keep in mind how much it costs to replace a set of tires twice as often, the cost then becomes pretty affordable IMO.
I hate paying for tires. I hate it so much. In fact, I am sticking with my OEM 17's until those tires are used up...and considering replacing just the tires. 17" tires are close to HALF the cost of 19" tires.

If I were to score an awesome Craigslist find with tires included around the time I need new tires, I may consider upgrading to 18" or 19".
Old 02-04-2015, 12:00 PM
epenbecks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by NewG
You will need a camber kit when using Tein S Tech springs. I just installed mine and I had to buy both front and rear camber kit. Much better now!
Originally Posted by veils1de
would you mind linking me to the kits? i checked on sites and i see a bunch of different products. not sure which ones i need. thanks
yeah please. i wanna see the link or web if you have it. i don't know which one to choose.
Old 02-04-2015, 12:10 PM
NewG

I bought the kit from a local performance shop near me.

kit looks just like this
http://www.zspeedperformance.com/ima...370z%20kit.jpg

Last edited by NewG; 02-04-2015 at 12:16 PM.
Old 02-04-2015, 12:25 PM
bluedevils95

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
If you want your tires to last longer than maybe yes. I do have SPC camber kit and it's working great for me but I'm on air ride so if you want to buy my camber kit I can pull it off the car
Old 02-04-2015, 01:11 PM
veils1de

Originally Posted by G37Xtreme
I hate paying for tires. I hate it so much. In fact, I am sticking with my OEM 17's until those tires are used up...and considering replacing just the tires. 17" tires are close to HALF the cost of 19" tires.

If I were to score an awesome Craigslist find with tires included around the time I need new tires, I may consider upgrading to 18" or 19".
i've seen some nice deals for wheels + tires in the private classified sections

Originally Posted by bluedevils95
If you want your tires to last longer than maybe yes. I do have SPC camber kit and it's working great for me but I'm on air ride so if you want to buy my camber kit I can pull it off the car
i'll send you a pm
Old 02-04-2015, 01:38 PM
epenbecks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by bluedevils95
sent PM!
Old 02-04-2015, 03:45 PM
bluedevils95

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
For the two PMs I sent, I lied on the price. I just posted here $240
Old 03-02-2015, 05:44 PM
that g tho

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
please guys i need your help i have tein s tech i didn't install them yet I'm scared i just don't want to scrape a lot so do you guys scrape a lot and is it giving you hard time going into speed bump or drive ways and if i scrap nothing is gonna happen to the bumper and does it look lower in person or higher
Old 03-02-2015, 06:12 PM
Need 4 Speed

Received 86 Likes on 77 Posts
Originally Posted by that g tho
please guys i need your help i have tein s tech i didn't install them yet I'm scared i just don't want to scrape a lot so do you guys scrape a lot and is it giving you hard time going into speed bump or drive ways and if i scrap nothing is gonna happen to the bumper and does it look lower in person or higher
Being on Springs your not going to have any issues... I had Tein before I went to Stance Coilovers... the only thing as I mentioned in another post here is to shave the rear bumper bracket or you'll rub the tire as you go over speed bumps or driveways etc...

Nothing to be scared of...Just note your driving habits will change as you'll notice pot holes and such... as for scraping that's minor.. I was Low and most have seen my Coupe...I was almost on the ground and it was my DD...never had an issue with my exhaust or messing up my front bumper or even scraping my tips on my exhaust...

So pop on those Springs...Post up some pics and Enjoy the ride...

Just remember after about 300 miles or so to get it aligned after the springs settle...
The following users liked this post:
that g tho (03-03-2015)
Old 03-02-2015, 06:17 PM
Need 4 Speed

Originally Posted by Jas37s
I currently have middle drop on my G and want to have more aggressive look so I'm looking at the Tein lower spring but not sure if I have to have a camber kit and is it better than Eibach?

Jas On both my Tein springs and Stance coilovers all I ended up using is a Toe kit... I tried the camber kit and it actually pulled out my wheels worse..Diego from vossen ran them a bit if I recall correctly then ended up pulling his out too... the toe bolt is all I ever used and camber was just about -3 more like -2.8 LOL butover all flipping the tire every 3-4k tires wore ok not great but ok... just watch your tire pressure.
Old 03-02-2015, 06:39 PM
that g tho

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thank brother i will sure upload some pics when i install it
Old 03-02-2015, 06:47 PM
Need 4 Speed

Originally Posted by that g tho
thank brother i will sure upload some pics when i install it

My Apologies on not taking any photos when I had it on Tein...But take the Time to go buy the Toe bolts...The shop here in Glendale had a set and while it was being aligned it needed them... as for rears no worries...

let me know if you need help on anything....I'm glad to be back though I have a Q50s now
that g tho (03-03-2015)
Old 03-02-2015, 07:50 PM
properdropper

Received 30 Likes on 30 Posts
TEIN IS THE WAY TO GO MY GOOD MAN, ive had mine on for awhile now and i love the way it made the car drive bro, i could tell the instant i drove it when the springs were put on, much more stiffer taking turns the 'body roll' you get taking fast turns is like gone now it seriously feels like a race car now lol but all jokes aside i love the way it sits, looks, drives, everything about it now, you can see a little bit of it in my one picture haha but teins is the way to go man not too low and not too high, just right ! but i would trust all these guys on here they know exactly what theyre talking about, camber kits is the right way to do it, why cheat yourself i mean it is your biggest investment, your car.

Last edited by properdropper; 03-02-2015 at 08:03 PM.
that g tho (03-03-2015)

Quick Reply: Do we really need a camber kit for TEIN lower spring?