SPC camber kit quality

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2014, 12:11 AM
halfshaft

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
SPC camber kit quality

So I've recently lowered my car and my rear camber is quite out of spec so I'm looking to get camber arms to dial the camber back to spec.

I'm wondering which rear camber kit to get. It seems most people around here are using SPC (72260 for the rear I believe) but the 370z guys have been raving about the quality of the SPL arms and claim that its worth spending more on the beefier SPL arms for added safety (especially for track use).

I am wondering what the general consensus is here about SPC camber kits. Are they fine for a DD with some occasional sprited driving? I only care that whatever I put on the car is at least as well built as the OE part. Is the SPC arm at least as good as the original part in terms of durability? If there is any concern over the build quality of the SPC part, I would rather spend more and get stronger arms.
Old 09-05-2014, 12:57 AM
Ryne
The Steering Wheel Guy

Received 560 Likes on 390 Posts
I haven't heard of any failures related to the SPC kit. The SPL is technically better, but the SPC kit will be sufficient for the use you described. Very few people run the SPL kit due to the cost and negligible difference in functionality.
Old 09-05-2014, 08:17 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
I have the SPC arms on my car now. They have been adequate. However, I just got the SPL ones in to replace them (haven't installed yet). There is absolutely no comparison between the two as far as design and build quality. The SPL also offer greater adjustment and do not have any parts that will wear out over the life of the part. Yes they are indeed better. Whether it's worth the price difference only you can answer. It's not that huge a difference price wise on a relatively inexpensive part. If the extra $100 or so isn't worth your peace of mind wondering whether you should have spent the money to upgrade to a better suspension part, go with the SPC and call it a day.
Old 09-05-2014, 09:24 AM
PongSanity

Received 129 Likes on 114 Posts
Go spc to get the job done... Go spl if u want to be different... Same results tho.
Old 09-05-2014, 11:13 AM
ChinkyChoy
Premier Member

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts
I ve had the SPC kit front and rear on for about 4 years and no problems yet

like everyone else said SPL if you got the extra coin but SPC will get the job done. maybe SPL if you were gonna track the car?
Old 09-05-2014, 11:35 AM
Ryne
The Steering Wheel Guy

If you are getting only the rear, the price difference isn't too bad to upgrade to SPL. I don't think the SPL arms come with toe bolts included though, so keep that in mind. The front camber arms are a different story though - there is a several hundred dollar premium for those compared to SPC.
Old 09-05-2014, 11:47 AM
halfshaft

I actually have no real issue paying the 100 extra for the SPL, but I did hear that the SPL have spherical bushings/bearings while the SPC use rubber bushings like stock. I heard the SPL ones will transfer more noise/vibration/harshness than the SPC.

If this is the case, I think I'd probably just go for SPC since this is a DD and I don't want to kill the comfort of the car.
Old 09-05-2014, 04:51 PM
Ryne
The Steering Wheel Guy

Originally Posted by halfshaft
I actually have no real issue paying the 100 extra for the SPL, but I did hear that the SPL have spherical bushings/bearings while the SPC use rubber bushings like stock. I heard the SPL ones will transfer more noise/vibration/harshness than the SPC.

If this is the case, I think I'd probably just go for SPC since this is a DD and I don't want to kill the comfort of the car.
I have Eibach with SPC front and rear kits and do not have any noises or unusual characteristics the stock setup did not have. Slightly more firm, slightly better handling, much better looking. That is all.

I'd say throw the extra $100 in a fund for your next mod, buy SPC and don't look back. You won't regret it.
The following users liked this post:
MStrike (01-20-2022)
Old 09-05-2014, 05:28 PM
NBE-ON'D
Registered Member

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Spot on, I went SPC because of that. Its not a DD but I go down to the mountains with it, on longer road trips. Its plenty fine on the track too.
Old 09-05-2014, 11:42 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Had my SPC F&R kit on real low B&G springs and now w/ coilovers and no issues whatsoever. Can't deny that I do like the look of those beefy SPLs though.
Old 09-07-2014, 03:58 PM
halfshaft

Based on the feedback here it seems like the SPC arms should be plenty to get the job done. Anyone know of any issues or complaints that people on these forums have had with the arms? I don't think I've heard of one actually breaking.
Old 09-07-2014, 06:00 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Based on the feedback here it seems like the SPC arms should be plenty to get the job done. Anyone know of any issues or complaints that people on these forums have had with the arms? I don't think I've heard of one actually breaking.
The very first SPC front A-arms for the second generation Gs had some weakness issues that were addressed w/ a slightly different design w/ thicker steel & welds. I haven't heard of any issues w/ the last two editions of the arms and IIRC that's been more than a couple years ago.
Old 09-07-2014, 09:06 PM
halfshaft

Originally Posted by blnewt
The very first SPC front A-arms for the second generation Gs had some weakness issues that were addressed w/ a slightly different design w/ thicker steel & welds. I haven't heard of any issues w/ the last two editions of the arms and IIRC that's been more than a couple years ago.
Good to know. Fortunately I only need the rears.